• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked By Marvel, Amaterasu and Thor are in MvC3

Amaterasu <3

God I've had Okami Wii since sometime in 2008 and only played it back then. I need to get back into it. I put the Okami logo as my iPhone background too, and I want Okami Den!

OMG MvC3 is going to be so badass despite me sucking at it.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Dark Ninja said:
I really hope that the original Megaman makes it in instead of X or dash
Why instead of X? We've never seen him in a Vs. game before.

I just hope if it is OG Megaman, they completely retool his special moves. Tornado Buster, Leaf Shield, and kicking a soccer ball was a pretty lame arsenal, considering all the great powerups they had to choose from.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Anony said:
well, i'm gonna say this as in the TvC thread

zero from the gba series PLEASE
Zero from the GBA series looks great in the GBA series, but among anyone else he looks like a creepy Kewpie doll in a diaper. It's too bad, as the variety of his weapons would make for a pretty awesome moveset.

Maybe they could tweak the design to look a bit more grown up.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Urban Scholar said:
I'm rather excited as this is a big step for anthropomorphism to be taken seriously by the mainstream public.....this and ammy is going to wrecking faces and will have a small hit box & the rushdown will be glorious.

o______________________________________________________o

Okay then...

Chavelo

Urban Scholar said:
I'm rather excited as this is a big step for anthropomorphism to be taken seriously by the mainstream public...

35a0g74.jpg

There was a furry doujin fighter named Monster that came out a couple years ago and it was supposed to be pretty decent. Maybe you should try it out Urban Scholar?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Anybody watching the stream now and see the trolling Phoenix Wright?

kenta

Has no PEINS
So I'm going back and watching old videos of the first two MvC games and this one looks so dang dark now. The characters look way over-shadowed or something. Kind of hope they tweak that

jobber

looks like somebody got in trouble for leaking something on the stream.too bad my phone connection keeps buffering

jobber

_dementia said:
Do you know what was leaked?

nope

all i saw was a producer on cam with a translator answering questions from the chat. They said something about Phoenix Wright being too weak as a boss. Then when I got my connection back the stream guy was talking to the chat about how the producer got in trouble.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
_dementia said:
There was a furry doujin fighter named Monster that came out a couple years ago and it was supposed to be pretty decent. Maybe you should try it out Urban Scholar?
Vanguard Princess is cooler and features little girls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RPaadZqdCI

jobber said:
nope

all i saw was a producer on cam with a translator answering questions from the chat. They said something about Phoenix Wright being too weak as a boss. Then when I got my connection back the stream guy was talking to the chat about how the producer got in trouble.
I smiled.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
jobber said:
nope

I was there but they were fooling around. Producer seem to confirmed no Rival School then he left.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Yurt said:
God hand's gene is PERFECT for this game, PERFECT.
So true, he would just write himself! His moveset is all there, for every possible scenario in a fighting game like MvC3...

- Standard punches and kicks of varying styles for his normals
- More extravagant moves for specials
- Ridiculous roulette moves for supers (homerun hit, flurry of punches followed by 1-inch punch, unleash the God Hand power, etc.)

I am very happy that Amaterasu is in, but just can't believe Gene's been de-confirmed. There have been far more obscure/unpopular characters in the past, and Gene is a real niche favourite. He would rock. Full stop.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
GatorBait said:
Now THIS is how you do a gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXAXiRR1rlo

Super Skrull seems so ridiculous already and his character isn't even finished. Chun-Li's combo ability is crazy so far. And is it just me or does it seem like Dante get at least 3 new moves in every new video that comes out? They must be mapping his move set to a 12-button controller. :lol

That was one of the initial 3 trailers. I wish they had released more like at E3.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
B-Genius said:
So true, he would just write himself! His moveset is all there, for every possible scenario in a fighting game like MvC3...

- Standard punches and kicks of varying styles for his normals
- More extravagant moves for specials
- Ridiculous roulette moves for supers (homerun hit, flurry of punches followed by 1-inch punch, unleash the God Hand power, etc.)

I am very happy that Amaterasu is in, but just can't believe Gene's been de-confirmed. There have been far more obscure/unpopular characters in the past, and Gene is a real niche favourite. He would rock. Full stop.

That was the old series. This one seems to be more about characters they plan on promoting for future or current use, with a bend towards the western market. Guess they dont have plans for Gene.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
HK-47 said:
That was the old series. This one seems to be more about characters they plan on promoting for future or current use, with a bend towards the western market. Guess they dont have plans for Gene.

I agreed with it even I dislike their plan. I would lov eto see old characters.

Edited: Look like no Powerstone and Rival School Characters in MvC3

Hero

I want Leon in. And Phoenix Wright.

I'll bet on Ms. Marvel being in for Marvel's side. They've been trying to promote her a lot ever since Civil War. I think Rogue will be in too, but she'll probably be drastically different from her MvC2 incarnation.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
IntelliHeath said:
Barrrgh!

I kinda figured it'd go this way, though, considering this is sort of a rebuilding effort. MvC4/Super MvC3 will be when they start really pulling out some more left-field picks, sort of like MvC1->MvC2.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Shig said:
Barrrgh!

I kinda figured it'd go this way, though, considering this is sort of a rebuilding effort. MvC4/Super MvC3 will be when they start really pulling out some more left-field picks, sort of like MvC1->MvC2.

I hope you are right. I was hoping that they would bring batsu from TvC to MvC3 because I really love to use him.

Shig said:
Barrrgh!

Keep in mind that SSF4 was built with the ability to add DLC characters into the game (this wasn't the case with vanilla SF4) so it's pretty likely they'll go this route with MVC3 as well.

adding DLC characters is a lot easier than pressing new discs.

Shig said:
Barrrgh!

I'm totally okay with that. MvC4 by the end of the generation with a massive roster is worth waiting for, this will be such a treat to have next year.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Shig said:
Barrrgh!

I hope so...but I have some doubt.

Pai Pai Master said:
I'm totally okay with that. MvC4 by the end of the generation with a massive roster is worth waiting for, this will be such a treat to have next year.
A more robust MvC4 or possible Marvel vs. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom this gen would be amazing.
As far as I know Marvel and Tatsu have some sort of publishing relationship too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
_dementia said:
A more robust MvC4 or possible Marvel vs. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom this gen would be amazing.
As far as I know Marvel and Tatsu have some sort of publishing relationship too.

I bet you that we wouldn't see MvC4 until 2015. >_>

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
IntelliHeath said:

And by that point itll be on a new engine and will need new models and itll be around 36 characters again.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
IntelliHeath said:
MvC4 specifically, maybe not, but Capcom will definitely do at least another iteration or two on MvC3 in short order. I'm sure reacquiring that Marvel license didn't come cheap, and they're going to make the most of it with the understanding that they could lose it/get outbid again.

GatorBait

Funny how MvC3 doesn't come out until next year and we are already hoping for a SMvC3 or MvC4. I can't say I disagree with the sentiment. This type of game demands a jumbo-sized roster. There are going to be so many notable names that are left out of MvC3 (both from new characters and returning characters). I'm actually wondering if Wesker is going to be our last unconfirmed, new Capcom character (we already know Frank West and Viewtiful Joe are getting in) considering it was said that ~1/3 of the cast would be new characters.

Who wants to get on the early edition of the Gene-for-SMvC3/MvC4 bandwagon with me? I have never even played God Hand, but after watching videos his character seems tailor-made to be in a Vs. fighting game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
If there is a SF villian thats gonna be in, I cant help but hope its Juri over Bison or Seth.

MrDenny

IntelliHeath said:
I agreed with it even I dislike their plan. I would lov eto see old characters.

but what about batsu...
:( If he is not in the game

Hero

Shig said:
MvC4 specifically, maybe not, but Capcom will definitely do at least another iteration or two on MvC3 in short order. I'm sure reacquiring that Marvel license didn't come cheap, and they're going to make the most of it with the understanding that they could lose it/get outbid again.

I actually think after the disaster that was Rise of the Imperfects, Marvel was trying to get back into bed with Capcom. I doubt Capcom paid Marvel off for the license, this is something that makes good business sense for both companies on a worldwide level. No other Marvel video game comes close to recognition or popularity like MvC.

Final boss is Dormammu I believe, although it would be cool to see Stan Lee make a cameo apearence.

I do wonder though who else might be a boss character in the game.

Top Bottom