• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked By Marvel, Amaterasu and Thor are in MvC3

Ok so the writer for MVC3 pretty much accidentally confirmed Wesker.

That means that this list, that people keep dismissing as Gamefaqs garbage, is pretty much the real roster: http://www.giantbomb.com/marvel-vs-...mor-roster-leaked-via-mvc3-website/35-425521/

Seriously. Ok, yeah anyone could have guessed many of the characters from silouettes, or Thor or something. But not the Okami wolf, not Albert Wesker, and we -just- saw the Viewtiful Joe one for the first time.

I mean I'll say there's still a chance that it could be false... a fucking SLIM chance... but if one of the crazy left field characters like Mike Haggar or Chuck Greene gets confirmed then this list is 100% truth.

Arpharmd B said:

That means that this list, that people keep dismissing as Gamefaqs garbage, is pretty much the real roster: http://www.giantbomb.com/marvel-vs-...mor-roster-leaked-via-mvc3-website/35-425521/

Seriously. Ok, yeah anyone could have guessed many of the characters from silouettes, or Thor or something. But not the Okami wolf, not Albert Wesker, and we -just- saw the Viewtiful Joe one for the first time.

I mean I'll say there's still a chance that it could be false... a fucking SLIM chance... but if one of the crazy left field characters like Mike Haggar or Chuck Greene gets confirmed then this list is 100% truth.

That list has Emma Frost on it. Emma Frost isn't in the game.

Arpharmd B said:

Well here is the problem with that

For one, Capcom already said absolutely no Fantastic Four characters due to legal reasons on Marvel's request, so Mr. Fantastic is immediately out.

Secondly, Emma Frost has already been ruled out by Niitsuma himself last night.

Third, and this isn't evidence so much as it is a curiosity, but Darkstalkers gets three representatives while literally every other Capcom franchise taps out at two?

Here we go. From April of this year:

http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/2889094

Niitsuma: ...From the Marvel side there were a couple we were considering using, such as some of the Fantastic Four characters, but for various reasons we just couldn't implement them, or they weren't on the right table but Marvel came back and said "why not use this character instead", and we responded "oh, okay that's fine", but unfortunately we couldn't get any of the Fantastic Four into the game.

Obviously the alternate character they meant was Super Skrull.

Arpharmd B said:
-edit- ok nevermind, capcom confirmed it.

So unless Capcom is lying, then this guy really is just a good guesser!
Well, there's another theory

Maybe this guy managed to get a partial list with some holes, subtracted from what he knew the total number was going to be and then filled in the remaining blanks himself.

This explains why some on that list are total bullshit, but others are really good guesses.

Did we ever see silhouettes that could have -possibly- been the wolf from Okami, Albert Wesker, or Viewtiful Joe until recently?

The list -looks- like utter horse shit. Chuck Greene, Mike Haggar? The fuck? And as dude said, why 3 Darkstalkers that doesn't make sense either. It's just that so far, it's been totally right and no one saw a couple of those characters coming.

Arpharmd B said:

The producer of the game said no Emma Frost, Pheonix Wright, or Gene. Specifically. Just yesterday. Also, that list lacks Dormammu. Any 'list leaks' have all been fake. None ever had a shred of credibility.

ShockingAlberto said:
Well, there's another theory

Maybe this guy managed to get a partial list with some holes, subtracted from what he knew the total number was going to be and then filled in the remaining blanks himself.

This explains why some on that list are total bullshit, but others are really good guesses.

Very good point.

Yeah, I agree with this.

FreedomFrisbee said:
The producer of the game said no Emma Frost, Pheonix Wright, or Gene. Specifically. Just yesterday. Also, that list lacks Dormammu. Any 'list leaks' have all been fake. None ever had a shred of credibility.
If Dormammu is a boss character, he probably wouldn't be listed with everyone else.

Arpharmd B said:
Did we ever see silhouettes that could have -possibly- been the wolf from Okami, Albert Wesker, or Viewtiful Joe until recently?

Amaterasu was a complete surprise. The only complete surprise so far, come to think of it. And yeah, the Joe silhouette is the first we've heard of any Joe appearance (though being in TvC didn't hurt his chances), and the only hint of Wesker we have is that interview with writer dude.

FreedomFrisbee said:

I think Dormammu is the unplayable end boss, like how the old games had unplayable end bosses.

jrricky

Banned
Oh Jesus! This might be the only game I purchase for $60 this gen. Really hoping to get some sales deals around launch though...

MoxManiac

Arpharmd B said:

Why is he a good guesser? Yeah, he got lucky on Amertasu. But the other 5 recent characters were already known via the silouhettes a long time ago and Thor was pretty much confirmed when the producer was wearing a shirt with him on it.

ShockingAlberto said:
For one, Capcom already said absolutely no Fantastic Four characters due to legal reasons on Marvel's request, so Mr. Fantastic is immediately out.

If it had anything to do with legal issues, then Super-Skrull and Doctor Doom almost certainly wouldn't be in the game, since they're FF characters and have always been licensed alongside the FF themselves. (for instance, Fox has the film rights to the Super-Skrull along with the FF, even though Marvel itself still has the rights to the Skrulls as a race). The most plausible reason is simply the limited size of the roster.

MoxManiac said:
Why is he a good guesser? Yeah, he got lucky on Amertasu. But the other 5 recent characters were already known via the silouhettes a long time ago and Thor was pretty much confirmed when the producer was wearing a shirt with him on it.

He guessed Viewtiful Joe well before the silhouettes. Which again, hey, anyone could have guessed Viewtiful Joe. No big deal there.

No, the big deal is that he is also right about Albert Wesker. Again, Wesker will be a total surprise just like Amertasu. No silouhette, total left field guess.

No one is that lucky. There is definitely some truth to that list.

Wesker is kind of a disappointment.

My favorite RE characters are Claire and Leon and neither one gets a spot in the Versus games. Meanwhile, the two characters I find the most loathsome both get spots in MvC3.

The 1 and only reason I'm not championing that leaked list is because Capcom confirmed no Emma Frost.

BTW who/what is Emma Frost anyway?

Father_Brain said:
If it had anything to do with legal issues, then Super-Skrull and Doctor Doom almost certainly wouldn't be in the game, since they're FF characters and have always been licensed alongside the FF themselves. (for instance, Fox has the film rights to the Super-Skrull along with the FF, even though Marvel itself still has the rights to the Skrulls as a race). The most plausible reason is simply the limited size of the roster.
Again, this is what Niitsuma said (posted just above):

Niitsuma: ...From the Marvel side there were a couple we were considering using, such as some of the Fantastic Four characters, but for various reasons we just couldn't implement them, or they weren't on the right table but Marvel came back and said "why not use this character instead", and we responded "oh, okay that's fine", but unfortunately we couldn't get any of the Fantastic Four into the game.

MoxManiac

Arpharmd B said:
He guessed Viewtiful Joe well before the silhouettes. Which again, hey, anyone could have guessed Viewtiful Joe. No big deal there.

No, the big deal is that he is also right about Albert Wesker. Again, Wesker will be a total surprise just like Amertasu. No silouhette, total left field guess.

Wesker's voice actor posted a MvC3 trailer on his blog or whatever awhile back, saying something along the lines of "Just thought i'd post this". So no, Wesker is not completely out of left field.

MoxManiac said:
Wesker's voice actor posted a MvC3 trailer on his blog or whatever awhile back, saying something along the lines of "Just thought i'd post this". So no, Wesker is not completely out of left field.

Ok, I gotcha.

Admittedly, I haven't been following this news super closely.

It just all reminds me of the SSF4 roster. I knew after the first reveal that the leaked list was true, but people fought that tooth and nail. Some even denied it up until the last reveal! lol.

ShockingAlberto said:
Again, this is what Niitsuma said (posted just above):

we just couldn't implement them, or they weren't on the right table

Yes, I saw the Niitsuma quote when it first appeared. Not exactly strong confirmation of legal factors; how anyone can tell what the hell "they weren't on the right table" is supposed to mean is beyond me. :lol The licensing explanation defies how every other Marvel licensing deal I'm aware of has worked: by treating a certain hero or team, their villains, and their supporting cast as one package.

But in any case, the FF definitely aren't in the game. No sense continuing to split hairs.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Arpharmd B said:

Wesker is completely fucking obvious.

GatorBait

God damn it, not this again.

That list is SUPER FAKE. It was posted by a known troll on gamefaqs who claimed he found it in the source code on the official site (much like the similar mistake with TvC), but took no screen caps, and claimed it was immediately fixed before he made his post on gamefaqs.

It has all the silhouetted characters (except for Dormammu), some TvC characters, and a lot of obvious choices, which is what makes it believable. Viewtiful Joe, Wesker, and Thor are very safe, obvious choices that a lot of people have already predicted, and Amaterasu is really not that crazy of a guess.

Not to mention that multiple of the characters on that list have been confirmed to not be in the game.

Also, there are NO licensing/legal issues with Marvel characters in this game. This was confirmed in an interview earlier when everyone was freaking out over Spider-Man. The Fantastic 4 not being in is clearly a case of Marvel saying "why not use this character instead."

Pimpbaa

GatorBait said:
But it seems like everyone wants another Darkstalkers character over her. Is she popular overseas or something? And, I am out of touch with straight guys with a normal sex drive, but are cat girl boobs really going to be the deciding factor on whether someone buys the game or not?

Fixed. Also, the game is a sausage fest as it is. Needs more female characters, not less.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ShockingAlberto said:
Wesker is kind of a disappointment.

My favorite RE characters are Claire and Leon and neither one gets a spot in the Versus games. Meanwhile, the two characters I find the most loathsome both get spots in MvC3.

Wesker is thought of as cool despite making no sense and generally being an idiot who should have stayed dead and Chris has the personality of a rock.
Poor Leon just missed out.

Pimpbaa

HK-47 said:
Wesker is thought of as cool despite making no sense and generally being an idiot who should have stayed dead and Chris has the personality of a rock, which is probably why he is able to punch boulders.

Poor Leon just missed out.

Keep pretty boy Leon out of this game. Chris > Leon.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Pimpbaa said:

I'll take a hilarious snarking pretty boy over the bland, jacked up Gears of War reject, thank you very much. At least Leon would have some awesomely cliche one liners.

Leon's jacket > Chris and Wesker

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Pimpbaa said:
Boo this man boooooooooo

Krauser would be more awesome than either, though. Bowhunting + Armknife would make for a pretty rad moveset for a fighting game.

On that note, I'd like to see a few more monsterly characters in the roster. Tyrant, William Birkin, Alexia Ashford, Verdugo, something like that.

Pimpbaa

HK-47 said:
I'll take a hilarious snarking pretty boy over the bland, jacked up Gears of War reject, thank you very much. At least Leon would have some awesomely cliche one liners.

Leon's jacket > Chris and Wesker

The only thing hilarious about Leon was his design.

Top Bottom