• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked By Marvel, Amaterasu and Thor are in MvC3

GatorBait

Pimpbaa said:
Fixed. Also, the game is a sausage fest as it is. Needs more female characters, not less.
Dude...it's a video game. I'm not going to pop a boner because a cartoon catgirl character is on the screen. If that kind of thing gets you off, more power to you, but I'm more concerned with having fun, useful characters to select when I'm playing a game.

If Capcom is going to use a character slot to appease the horny 12-year old boys and man-child anime pervs, at least make it someone who is worth using. That's all that I ask.

Pimpbaa

GatorBait said:
Dude...it's a video game. I'm not going to pop a boner because a cartoon catgirl character is on the screen. If that kind of thing gets you off, more power to you, but I'm more concerned with having fun, useful characters to select when I'm playing a game.

If Capcom is going to use a character slot to appease the horny 12-year old boys and man-child anime pervs, at least make it someone who is worth using. That's all that I ask.

Felecia has always been fun and useful.

GatorBait

Pimpbaa said:
I'm open to having my mind changed about her usefulness, but I have only ever encountered one person who actually used Felicia in MvC2 (granted a lot of the cast of that game is neglected), and I am seeing her being very underrepresented in all the videos I've seen of MvC3 thus far, which is what I was afraid would happen when she was announced as an MvC3 character. I can't speak to her usefulness in the actual Darkstalkers games because I have unfortunately never played them, but so far nobody who has played MvC3 seems to be saying anything great about her.

You can tell the developers are trying to patch up some of her shortcomings with her new moves though. I do hope they succeed. More viable character choices means more options and variety, which is one of my favorite things about the Vs. games.

Seeing Ammy in 3 comes as no surprise. She and Dante were requested very heavily for TvC. Nitsuma did make a point that there were characters they held from TvC for this. I'll take Ammy as this game's Saki pick so everything that comes after borders on some normality. I now put money on Squirrel Girl because that pick makes a whole lot of sense now.

It really shouldn't have taken this long to get Thor in the VS Series. I still have no clue why he wasn't in Marvel Super Heroes much less anything else before this. But the error is corrected so all is forgiven. I'll roll with the Arthur pick I've seen in some of those "rosters." He needs to use the armor from Cannon Spike. Would be too nasty.

And are we still on the Felicia thing here. Felicia in MvC2 didn't look so great when you look at the upper echelon of the tiers but she's one of the better low tier characters in the correct hands. Felicia in DS is far from useless in a series where she's constantly one of the better characters due to her rushdown nature. Yet in still it's all marketing when it comes to Felicia. Sexy naked catwoman sells.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ReXXXSoprano said:
Seeing Ammy in 3 comes as no surprise. She and Dante were requested very heavily for TvC. Nitsuma did make a point that there were characters they held from TvC for this. I'll take Ammy as this game's Saki pick so everything that comes after borders on some normality. I now put money on Squirrel Girl because that pick makes a whole lot of sense now.

It really shouldn't have taken this long to get Thor in the VS Series. I still have no clue why he wasn't in Marvel Super Heroes much less anything else before this. But the error is corrected so all is forgiven. I'll roll with the Arthur pick I've seen in some of those "rosters." He needs to use the armor from Cannon Spike. Would be too nasty.

And are we still on the Felicia thing here. Felicia in MvC2 didn't look so great when you look at the upper echelon of the tiers but she's one of the better low tier characters in the correct hands. Felicia in DS is far from useless in a series where she's constantly one of the better characters due to her rushdown nature. Yet in still it's all marketing when it comes to Felicia. Sexy naked catwoman sells.

Squirrel Girl would be overpowered and cause Deadpool to immediately crap himself.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
ReXXXSoprano said:
Does it really? In a game where Spider-man can beat on Wolverine, it's the sexy catgirl that's really picking up the slack and putting this thing in peoples' hands?

ReiGun

Shig said:
Does it really? In a game where Spider-man can beat on Wolverine, it's the sexy catgirl that's really picking up the slack and putting this thing in peoples' hands?
People like titties with their superheroes. Virtual cat-girl titties included.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
ReiGun said:
People like titties with their superheroes. Virtual cat-girl titties included.
Explain the Marvel roster so far, then.

Put fuckin' Goblin Queen up in this mug if that's the tack they're taking.

Pimpbaa

Shig said:
Explain the Marvel roster so far, then.

Capcom doesn't know what they are doing? Titties in comics certainly sell. I hope future character announcements have marvel females.

LiK

robut said:
There was discussion over the validity of this being a real leak or not. Thought I had a little something to contribute is all.

i think it's real. Capcom had been revealing them through trailers, not just images and screens.

LiK said:
i think it's real. Capcom had been revealing them through trailers, not just images and screens.

It is odd the level they're on is one that just got revealed with the other 4. Makes me think they were supposed to be revealed together. Then again it's a good chance there's barely any levels to show off and it's just a coincidence. Capcom is there with Okamiden (which my friends got to play :( ) and the Thor movie is being promo-ed so it makes sense to show them off at ComicCon. .

Metal B

SpeedySwaf said:
Has anyone linked this yet? T-shirt for MvC3.

http://kotaku.com/5593964/t+shirt-teases-viewtiful-joe-and-dormammu-for-marvel-vs-capcom-3

I'd say Felicia vs. Super Skrull is a bit lopsided, but then we already have Chris fighting Hulk. And yeah, "lol fighting game."

500x_front.jpg

Is Wolverine raping Ryu?

I'm rather excited as this is a big step for anthropomorphism to be taken seriously by the mainstream public.....this and ammy is going to wrecking faces and will have a small hit box & the rushdown will be glorious.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Urban Scholar said:
I'm rather excited as this is a big step for anthropomorphism to be taken seriously by the mainstream public
Mmm, yes, decades of popular Disney movies didn't crack the stigma, surely Okami will.

traveler

Not Wario
Did Marn destroy J. Wong without using anyone but Dante? :lol

Edit: Holy crap at that last game. Seemed really... one-sided. :/

GatorBait

Gameboy415 said:
Looks like there are 36 slots on that character select screen to me....
I think they said in the Unity stream interview not to bother counting select screen slots since the select screen is going to be changed in the final version. I'm sure 36 is right in the ballpark for final roster size though.

Pimpbaa said:
Well, my friend, here is feedback from a Felicia fan who had a chance to test her out at Comic Con:

"Oh god, Felicia is terribad, easily the worst character in the game so far.

Low health, bad range, weak damage, bad specials (rolling Buckler is slowest yet and doesn't go under projectiles, hell cat has awful range and can't be comboed into like Morrigan's Vector Drain) easily outpoked by everything (I couldn't get in to hit Dante, Deadpool, Thrish or Skrull at all), not really all that fast, the exchange projectile-avoid hop isn't very useful, no double jump or airdash. All she has is okay combos, she feels like if MvC2 Roll was in a catgirl suit."

Sblargh

Banned
GatorBait said:
I think they said in the Unity stream interview not to bother counting select screen slots since the select screen is going to be changed in the final version. I'm sure 36 is right in the ballpark for final roster size though.

Well, my friend, here is feedback from a Felicia fan who had a chance to test her out at Comic Con:

"Oh god, Felicia is terribad, easily the worst character in the game so far.

Low health, bad range, weak damage, bad specials (rolling Buckler is slowest yet and doesn't go under projectiles, hell cat has awful range and can't be comboed into like Morrigan's Vector Drain) easily outpoked by everything (I couldn't get in to hit Dante, Deadpool, Thrish or Skrull at all), not really all that fast, the exchange projectile-avoid hop isn't very useful, no double jump or airdash. All she has is okay combos, she feels like if MvC2 Roll was in a catgirl suit."

Haven't we learned by now to not trust impressions coming from these events when we're talking about fighting games?

GatorBait

Now THIS is how you do a gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXAXiRR1rlo

Super Skrull seems so ridiculous already and his character isn't even finished. Chun-Li's combo ability is crazy so far. And is it just me or does it seem like Dante get at least 3 new moves in every new video that comes out? They must be mapping his move set to a 12-button controller. :lol

Solune

Sblargh said:
Haven't we learned by now to not trust impressions coming from these events when we're talking about fighting games?

Not to mention oh my god its July and theres still 9 months before the game is released! There's almost NO TIME at all to make any changes!

Shig said:
Your last few posts in this thread are really driving your stock down, buster.

What stock? He was the OG Itagaki fanboy because of Breast or Alive games and their creepy CGI dolls. <= Which are only good for BAYMAN PUNCHING THEM! :D

Top Bottom