• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked footage of canceled DOOM reboot surfaced

DieH@rd

Banned
Actually, this looks fine... but it does not fit the Doom franchise.

I would not be against them making this and naming it something else [but it won't happen, that project is long gone].

Yikes.

Last thing I want in a Doom game is a bunch of other humans running around giving support. I hope they've dropped that aspect in the reboot.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Is that the Governor?

Nah, it's Nick Fury
230c21p.png

3428509-nick+fury.jpg

I'm SO happy that this isn't a game that actually exists. The music in that trailer alone is enough to make me want to die inside.

The music is the main theme to Doom 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHAqT0XOog8

So it was just place holder stuff.

As for the trailer... I don't know, I kind of like the Doom II hell on earth stuff and would like to see Id revisit that. If this was going to be a direct sequel to Doom 3, then this setting would've been the next logical place to go for the series. There are a lot of early conceptual designs and unfinished models, some of it reminded me of Rage. I wasn't put off with what I saw, but I think the change in direction was a good call. They clearly wanted to go back to what made Doom popular to begin with and re-envision the original game.

Zakalwe

Banned
When you look at screens for a military shooter and you get déjà vu you know there's problem.

Glad they canned this.

EGM1966

Dodged a bullet there. Doom is Doom...

Not Call of Rise of Demonic Terminator Duty Doom featuring Snake Pliskin Solid.

Moongazer

Didn't look anything remotely like Doom. All I could see was CoD/Battlefield/Killzone mashed into one in that video. They had no fucking clue what they were doing.

jelly

Could be a joke for what happened to FPS over the last decade.

Now that's by committee. Halo must have went through that at Microsoft, they love all that market research data and take it way too seriously.

NotLiquid

This... was when Carmack was still on board wasn't it?

I shudder to think that years worth of wait would only potentially amount to this.

Harmen

I actually like it. Seems like Killzone 2 meets RAGE, which, if done right, could be really awesome.

But it does not look like DOOM at all and I am happy they went in another direction with that series

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
This... was when Carmack was still on board wasn't it?

I shudder to think that years worth of wait would only potentially amount to this.

I think so.

Carmack is a terrific programmer and a gaming legend, but he made some rather questionable decisions over the years when it came to design, even if that wasn't his main job. But maybe he was hands-off from this, who knows.

Haunted

Thank fucking goodness.

Nice looking CG, but we don't need fucking Doom of all IPs chasing after the military shooter market (CoD, MoH, BF, Resistance, Killzone etc etc etc) as well.

AAMARMO

Banned
I like the look of it but its dose not look like doom.
Maybe this is rage 2 there going to show at e3 lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Didn't look bad, but it certainly doesn't fit the "Doom" IP. Outside of the "hellmouth" (ugh)/portal from hell in the air, what is really "Doom" about it?

shiyrley

Banned
Doesn't...look too good.

Anyway, lol at Bethesda trying to delete the video. This is the Internet. I already downloaded it to my hard drive :p

Falk

that puzzling face
Could be a joke for what happened to FPS over the last decade.

Now that's by committee. Halo must have went through that at Microsoft, they love all that market research data and take it way too seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZtBCpo0eU

This one is also just as appropriate and worth linking, just because of ACTUAL classic FPS footage at the end.

That's how DooM should be (well, they didn't have rocket jumping back then, but eh)

This looks like shit (even the aesthetics in the CGI leave much to be desired). Everyone be thankful that it never came out.

Top Bottom