• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Warcraft Movie stills

Will be really interesting to see this in motion. I'm excited... but also wary. I want this to be amazing, everyone attached seems to be setting this up to be great (the fact that they intentionally pushed the movie back from spring to summer so it could be in summer block buster territory has me especially excited).

I want to believe it'll be amazing, but I am cautious.

New one of Stormwind.

fe2fk6v0sbfp.jpg

Houndi101

I really really really hope this is going to be great.
Also I wish it looks good instead of this shenanigans from 15 years ago

050519-lucas.jpg

Slaythe

I really really really hope this is going to be great.
Also I wish it looks good instead of this shenanigans from 15 years ago

050519-lucas.jpg

This looked better than most movies released today. A few bad scenes sure but a lot of great looking ones as well.

petghost

Banned
duncan jones did moon right?

if so awesome because that movie was amazing but this sure does seem like a huge step up in production value hollywood blockbuster shit.

Tenki

This is gonna be the best thing ever. Are they also planning to make Warcraft 2 and 3 movies? I'd give my first born son for a W3 movie.

Shaanyboi

Banned
(Despite the hate, I do love the MoP cinematic).

People hate the MoP cinematic? That thing is fantastic. What, did people want another fucking dour self-serious video, as if Warcraft hasn't done that amillion times already, despite the fact that the franchise has so much cartoony overthetop stuff too?

This looked better than most movies released today. A few bad scenes sure but a lot of great looking ones as well.

How many scenes in the damn prequels take place in big generic halls. Big generic halls with pillars. Big fake-ass looking halls with pillars. There is zero sense of place in the vast majority of the prequel's "sets".

Tenki

Is sylvanas in this? I've never played warcraft, but I wiki some of the cool cards from HS, and her story seems cool

99% nope. This is a movie about Warcraft 1, she's a character from Warcraft 3

Hate to be a negative nancy but this is so not a given

It can be the shittiest movie ever and yet it'd still be the best thing ever. It's fucking Warcraft.

This is the first Stormwind before the orc destroyed it. Not the one we know and love.

right?

Good people love Stormwind in flames :) And yep, it should be before the Orc siege.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Is sylvanas in this? I've never played warcraft, but I wiki some of the cool cards from HS, and her story seems cool

Unlikely. I don't think they're tackling any of the Undead/Night Elf stuff as that was a Warcraft III thing, and Sylvanas' origin is tied pretty directly into that. This is way more original Warcraft story where the orcs show up for the first time.

You kinda can't tell that story without telling this one first.

dnmt

Banned
Holy shit at that wolf and Stormwind. I much prefer SC over WC but this looks very promising indeed.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
My word those Orcs looks great. I really hope we spend a lot of time with them in the film. Fuck humans, fuck the alliance, fuck stormwind. Give me Grom, Durotan and Orgrim!

E-phonk

Banned
Warcraft has cool visual designs and that's it. The rest is pure garbage so the odds of this movie being even average are very low.

It has a few things going for it:
1) Duncan Jones didn't make any stinkers yet, and he's really passionate about this project. Both Moon and Source code were quite good (imo).
2) What makes this interesting is that the orcs aren't the bad guys. There are good and bad humans, and good and bad orcs. So storywise that is an interesting dynamic compared to most fantasy movies.

That makes me hopefull it will turn out at least decent.

Warcraft has cool visual designs and that's it. The rest is pure garbage so the odds of this movie being even average are very low.

Duncan Jones makes those odds pretty high.

I'm hoping that it turns out great, but if it's average I'll be happy.

Kule

The CGI actually looks good but the real actors look really out of place.. The lighting on them looks like some day time TV show quality.

Breads

Banned
Oh wow I didn't expect Chris Metzen's visual flair would survive the movie aesthetic but I can still see it here and there.

lazygecko

I think they could have still toned down the look of the orcs just a bit closer towards human proportions. Would probably have made the CG work easier. In the original art direction the humans are quite beefed up and not that less massive than the orcs.

strafer

I wonder if we're going to see some fun easter eggs..like an exclamation point or a blood elf dancing on a mailbox

Bossun

Hope it's good, they have a great setting.

Warcraft's lore and story is very complicated but they have such an awesome lore, with great locations, fauna, flora and mythos.

Spman2099

This is like the CGI version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I think the heavy reliance on CGI is a tremendous mistake...

At least the director is talented...

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they can get to Warcraft 2 and 3 as well.

Tacitus_

It has a few things going for it:
1) Duncan Jones didn't make any stinkers yet, and he's really passionate about this project. Both Moon and Source code were quite good (imo).
2) What makes this interesting is that the orcs aren't the bad guys. There are good and bad humans, and good and bad orcs. So storywise that is an interesting dynamic compared to most fantasy movies.

That makes me hopefull it will turn out at least decent.

The orcs will very much be the bad guys. This is the demon blood fueled Horde, not the noble savage Horde.

High Overlord Saurfang says: I drank of the same blood your father did, Garrosh. Mannoroth's cursed venom pumped through my veins as well.
High Overlord Saurfang says: I drove my weapons into the bodies and minds of my enemies.
High Overlord Saurfang says: And while Grom died a glorious death - freeing us all from the blood curse - he could not wipe away the terrible memory of our past.
High Overlord Saurfang says: His act could not erase the horrors we committed.
High Overlord Saurfang pauses.
High Overlord Saurfang says: The winter after the curse was lifted, hundreds of veteran orcs like me were lost to despair.
High Overlord Saurfang says: Our minds were finally free, yes... Free to relive all of the unthinkable acts that we had performed under the Legion's influence.
High Overlord Saurfang nods.
High Overlord Saurfang says: I think it was the sounds of the draenei children that unnerved most of them... You never forget...
High Overlord Saurfang says: Have you ever been to Jaggedswine Farm? When the swine are of age for the slaughter... It's that sound. The sound of the swine being killed... It resonates the loudest. Those are hard times for us older veterans.
Garrosh Hellscream says: But surely you cannot think that those children were born into innocence? They would have grown up and taken arms against us!
High Overlord Saurfang shakes his head.
High Overlord Saurfang says: I am not speaking solely of the children of our enemies...

Top Bottom