• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Left 4 Dead 3" is found on Steam (yet another leak?)

Dug

Banned
Left 4 Dead 3 starring....

mzcCMu1.jpg

JesseZao

That's a controversial opinion? I thought a lot of people felt that way. I know I did.

Agreed. The focused purity of L4D made it great.

When they tried to solve the "problems" of corner camping etc, they changed the entire game for the worse. The original super infected were/are the best. Fans just drooled at the thought of new monsters to play.

Maybe if they limit the set to a core 3 or 4 per level it'd be okay. Return to the dark, terror, and focused design.

woober

here's a Controversial opinion

L4D was better than L4D2. more doesn't always means better. the new orleans schtick is old and tired. too many weapons. the new infected aren't as creative. Everytime you came across a room there was always some random new item meaning the concept of item conservation strategy went out the window. the sense of urgency was gone. and it was too damn bright. too many open areas.

I actually think that the only way to bring back to its L4D greatness is to cut back on content (crazy i know) and introduce some more limiting gameplay concepts to promote more teamwork and tension.

i doubt this will happen in L4D3

My friends agree L4D was better than L4D2. Nothing will beat Dead Air and the possibility/fear of quadcaps. Nerfing the hunter (I believe there can be no more than 2 or 1 out of 4 on the infected side) in L4D2 was the worst idea ever. They played a big roll in performing skilled kills. The spitter and jockey aren't as fun.

Izick

My least anticipated number 3 game from Valve, but then again it's a game from Valve so I'm more than excited.

My friends agree L4D was better than L4D2. Nothing will beat Dead Air and the possibility/fear of quadcaps. Nerfing the hunter (I believe there can be no more than 2 or 1 out of 4 on the infected side) in L4D2 was the worst idea ever. They played a big roll in performing skilled kills. The spitter and jockey aren't as fun.

I actually prefer L4D more than L4D2.

RetroMG

I know this is going to be an unpopular statement, but I'd take L4D3 over HL3 any day of the week. I love L4D.

(Yep. I just said that. Come at me, bro.)

Izick

I know this is going to be an unpopular statement, but I'd take L4D3 over HL3 any day of the week. I love L4D.

(Yep. I just said that. Come at me, bro.)

Said this in the other thread but, L4D 3 is the least interesting of the possible number 3 games that Valve could do, but at the end of the day it's still a Valve game.

Exclusives are back in force for both sides. This would be smart for Sony to try and secure as an exclusive aswell.

If Left4Dead ends up as a console exclusive, it will be for the Steambox. I really can't see Valve handing over exclusives to potential competitors.

ZoddGutts

Man I hope they mix things up for L4D3 otherwise I'm not interested in it. Feel that two L4D games were more than enough.

Saty

Well, Polygon did say one of XB1's launch titles was a zombie game.

Are the Steamworks SDK documents also available in Japanese?

feel

I love L4D, bring it. Of course I want HL3 much more but better this than more shit I have no interest for like Dota 2 or Steambox.

I hope they remove melee weapons.
They're cool and need to be there, but I do think they should have a limited number of uses before they break or something.

KarmaCow

I love L4D, bring it. Of course I want HL3 much more but better this than more shit I have no interest for like Dota 2 or Steambox.

They're cool and need to be there, but I do think they should have a limited number of uses before they break or something.

Then they can't be pistol replacements. There needs to be a fall back if your primary weapon runs out of ammo.

I wonder if Valve would release L4D3 on PS4/XB1. I would hope that they would include Cross-PC play with the PS4 version, as they did with PS3 and Portal 2. I can only assume Microsoft would not allow it on XB1 since they didn't on XBOX 360. I would love being able to use my secondary PSN/Steam account I made for Portal 2 and play L4D3 with my brother. I have two TVs next to each other in my room- A 32 Inch Vizio for TV/PS3/PC and the 24 Inch PlayStation 3D display also for TV/PS3/PC. I have an HDMI switcher for each component. So on the Vizio, I would play the PS3/PS4 version and on the Sony, my brother would play the PC version (or vice versa). Of course I am assuming Valve would include the Steam version of L4D3 free with the PS3/PS4 version as they did with Portal 2.

All I hope is that they add in reporting options similar to what they have with Dota where you can report people for being assholes, fix the kick player tool from being the 'kick this guy because he isn't as good as the rest of us' tool, and add in a solo queue.

Top Bottom