• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra Book 3: Change |OT| SCHEDULEBENDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
il6wCQt8b88km.png
iBhxznPTtnpGy.png
iomcFIcs1nhzj.png
iMVtjm0O6xiei.png
ibyqt4Pl0Mp05v.png

iOJlqcMlYdUcc.png
ibnnGjmNYnlF5M.png
ibbmKDVufRtwpd.png

tumblr_n7hc9zwrYz1rogcuio1_r1_500.gif

FUCK IT MAN ITS ALL ONLINE NO MORE TV

EPISODES:

Episode 1: A Breath of Fresh Air
Episode 2: Rebirth
Episode 3: The Earth Queen
Episode 4: In Harm's Way
Episode 5: The Metal Clan
Episode 6: Old Wounds
Episode 7: Original Airbenders
Episode 8: The Terror Within
Episode 9: The Stakeout
Episode 10: Long Live the Queen
Episode 11: The Ultimatum
Episode 12 & 13: Enter The Void/Venom of the Red Lotus

Spoiler etiquette will remain as it's been the past two threads - keep discussion to
SPOILER TAGS
until an episode premieres, and then everything up to that point is fair game. Do not discuss sneak peek content outside of spoiler tags. Do not discuss leaked content outside of spoiler tags. When posting spoilers behind tags, please warn everyone so we know what we're getting into.

Ex:
EPISODE 5 SPOILER:
Tarrlok gets pegged by Korra holy shit roflroflrolfforlfhfgyrlmabaobffbfur

When posting spoilery images, please be courteous and DO NOT EMBED the image, and make it VERY CLEAR that you are posting a potential spoiler.

Ex:
EPISODE 5 SPOILER: minus.com/tarrlokbeingpeggedbykorra.jpg

Also, keep your filthy hentai to tumblr and 4chan. I can't believe I have to type this, but here it is.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Your hype is palpable, Satch.

And it represents the effect that the last season has had on GAF. ;_; Oh how the mighty fall.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm in for based Mir animation. Expecting jack shit from the plot and characters and that's a good thing I guess. I'm feeling more indifferent than disappointed at this point, if anything.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Is this show as good as the Last Airbender?

I watched the first 2 episodes of season 1, but stopped watching it.

Dany

Banned
Second half of season 2 was a riot. Irregardless of how things turned out, I'm psyched for season 3.

Mariolee

Korra will surely be redeemed this season, right guys?

We should make an avatar betting pool.

I bet Korra will be just as shitty as before. What should be my penance?

Not sure if avatar betting is banned? Pun not intended.

Satch

Banned
Is this show as good as the Last Airbender?

lol

no

Book 1 is pretty fucking good until the ending when it just drops the ball down into a sewage drain leading to the earth's core.

Book 2 is a thematic mess that never quite finds its way, and the final altercation is so bizarre that you can't help but get at least a giggle out of it.

Mako is shit in both books. Have you watched Orange Is The New Black? Do you know who Larry is in that show? Mako is this show's Larry except Mako is worse because his development hinges on halting the growth of other characters around him - the most harmful examples being Asami (2) and Lin Beifong (1). That shit was tragic.

Anyway, I'd say give Book 1 a chance, and start to lower your expectations past episode 9. This will keep you from getting hurt. Book 2 is important because it informs the premise of Book 3, but you can get that from cliffnotes. I suggest watching the two parter of Book 2 that focuses on Avatar Wan, the first Avatar.

edit: jjjjjj i forgot to put the premier in the op let me just... steal that gif

XAL

lol

no

Book 1 is pretty fucking good until the ending when it just drops the ball down into a sewage drain leading to the earth's core.

Book 2 is a thematic mess that never quite finds its way, and the final altercation is so bizarre that you can't help but get at least a giggle out of it.

Mako is shit in both books. Have you watched Orange Is The New Black? Do you know who Larry is in that show? Mako is this show's Larry except Mako is worse because his development hinges on halting the growth of other characters around him - the most harmful examples being Asami (2) and Lin Beifong (1). That shit was tragic.

Anyway, I'd say give Book 1 a chance, and start to lower your expectations past episode 9. This will keep you from getting hurt. Book 2 is important because it informs the premise of Book 3, but you can get that from cliffnotes. I suggest watching the two parter of Book 2 that focuses on Avatar Wan, the first Avatar.

edit: jjjjjj i forgot to put the premier in the op let me just... steal that gif

Wan was definitely the highlight of Book 2.

Mononoke

Banned
Wan was definitely the highlight of Book 2.

I feel like ATLA fans should watch the Avatar Wan episodes even if they don't plan on watching Korra. I mean, only the beginning of the first episode might not make sense. But it's very brief. IMO it was the best thing since Avatar, and might even be better than a lot of stuff what was in the original series. Plus, I think overall it does a great job fleshing out the mythology of bending (its origins and the spirit world). I think it would only enhance the world for those fans.

You could nitpick some things, but honestly it was pretty great IMO (and it's not like ATLA was 100% perfect).

Tuck

Alrightie, this came out of no where. I look forward to seeing it though. Not sure how active I'll be in this thread this season, but I will definitely post my impressions after each episode, at least.

Kinvara

Book 3 is the season that will free us from love triangles forever.

Ex:
EPISODE 5 SPOILER:
Tarrlok gets pegged by Korra holy shit roflroflrolfforlfhfgyrlmabaobffbfur

When posting spoilery images, please be courteous and DO NOT EMBED the image, and make it VERY CLEAR that you are posting a potential spoiler.

Ex:
EPISODE 5 SPOILER: minus.com/tarrlokbeingpeggedbykorra.jpg

Also, keep your filthy hentai to tumblr and 4chan. I can't believe I have to type this, but here it is.

This is it.

This is my legacy.

Kinda ironic considering I'm an asexual.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_n7hc9zwrYz1rogcuio1_r1_500.gif

3 episodes are being aired.

Wait, 3?

Holy crap, Nick wants to get this off the air as soon as possible. Good thing they greenlighted book 4 along the other ones. Or maybe not a good thing.

Hrm. Dunno how I feel about this season. Last two have left me kinda disappointed. Still, I would be doing a disservice to myself as an ATLA/TLK fan if I didn't at least give this a shot. So here I am all rarin' to go. Don't disappoint me again, TLK.

PS: I'll always treasure that picture you posted, Kinvy. That's all i'm saying about that.

ronito

Really, Nickolodeon screwed the hell up in ordering one Season then tacking on an additional two. I just couldn't get into the second season, it just seemed so much less cool than the first. But hey, if there's pegging involved...

Jintor

Getting pumped despite myself

GETTING PUMPED

DESPITE MYSELF

IT'S GOING TO BE TERRIBLE BUT I STILL CAN'T HELP BUT HOPE FOR CHANGE

perched for this mess. can't believe how terrible season 2 was. true blood, korra and big brother will be my hate-watch trinity this season.

THREE EPISODE PREMIERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom