• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF Custom Model Contest #6- Propelling to victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

octobot

I always love these competitions so thought it was time i participate! Picked up the set today and will start working on a creation later tonight.

Bought the set. Here's my contribution to the prize pool. (Can ship within US).

wsMTTVX.jpg

MisterNoisy

Just picked up the set - hopefully I'll have some time to get started on my entry tonight.

My contribution to the prize pool:

Ypj1wxS.jpg

76061 - Mighty Micros: Batman vs Catwoman
76066 - Mighty Micros: Hulk vs. Ultron

I had no intentions of joining this because of other distractions, but the set was sitting there on the shelf at Meijer today and it seemed like fate. I am in.

And I will contribute a prize to the pool, non LEGO related. I have a $25 gift card to Applebee's I can throw into the prize pool. Shitty food for the winner, but it will be free shitty food!

MisterNoisy

I had no intentions of joining this because of other distractions, but the set was sitting there on the shelf at Meijer today and it seemed like fate. I am in.

And I will contribute a prize to the pool, non LEGO related. I have a $25 gift card to Applebee's I can throw into the prize pool. Shitty food for the winner, but it will be free shitty food!

Plastic food for the plastic god!

Cerity

Set ordered.

Just started to get into Lego so this'll be fun. I actually picked up the fast car set on the weekend lol.

Osahi

Not that I'm ever going to win (but I'm tempted to join in just to have a reason to buy this set over the weekend), but I assume prices are a bit difficult to get as an European?

Not that I'm ever going to win (but I'm tempted to join in just to have a reason to buy this set over the weekend), but I assume prices are a bit difficult to get as an European?

I know in a few older contests, some EU GAF'ers offered prizes too.

Jimbro72

Seeing as I have the set in my backlog, I'm going to give this a try and see if I can come up with anything worth showing even though I haven't done anything remotely considered a MOC in damn near 30 yrs, so this shall be interesting to say the least.

Seeing as I have the set in my backlog, I'm going to give this a try and see if I can come up with anything worth showing even though I haven't done anything remotely considered a MOC in damn near 30 yrs, so this shall be interesting to say the least.

YAY! The more the merrier!

And I need to open my set I just got for this. I had no plans to MOC because I seriously need to clean up the plethora of random LEGO crap all over my home, but I can't turn down a MOC contest like these. They are too fun.

Blizzard

Banned
I both like and hate looking at this thread because I'm afraid I'll get inspiration subconsciously. :p

Llyrwenne, great angles.

ninge, brilliant use of the white pieces for a stand.

I both like and hate looking at this thread because I'm afraid I'll get inspiration subconsciously. :p

Llyrwenne, great angles.

ninge, brilliant use of the white pieces for a stand.

Yeah, I am trying not to look at entries. And will try not to post an entry until right near the deadline myself.

elfinke

Just saw that this set is only $28 at my local box retailer, so bugger it, I might pick up a box to play with this weekend and take part.

Gotta warm up those Lego fingers while I await the release of the Porsche anyway!

Mdk7

What a nice idea.
I won't be able to participate, but I'll happily take a look at your creations.
Loving what I'm seeing, Llyrwenne contribution is particularly hot.

mrkgoo

That bird is awesome.

I have a list of things I want to try and just for fun will work down it.

But yeah just because someone else has posted an idea doesn't mean you can't attempt it yourself! I think people put too much regard on just being original and different, but well that's just me I guess. There's always room for modifications and different takes on the same idea.

But on that topic, what is the general ruling on posting alternate builds or work in progress? The opening post mentions after comp, but I know a lot of people love to get feedback as they noodle around. The main Lego thread? The original post and clearly marked as non-entry?

edit: I'm going to post a noodling around at small size then. I can always delete later.

https://flic.kr/p/H12ThR
Scout-class Light Mech

https://flic.kr/p/H7kMQa
Fast craft

ninge

Loving that walker! Really like the delicate legs, that's super cool - reminds me of the old Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds style tripod designs or the Striders from Haf life. Sexy :) Those ankle connections are definitely gonna get borrowed for... something!

mrkgoo

Loving that walker! Really like the delicate legs, that's super cool - reminds me of the old Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds style tripod designs or the Striders from Haf life. Sexy :) Those ankle connections are definitely gonna get borrowed for... something!

Thanks! It's inspired by some of the mechs from Battletech which I used to dabble in back in the day.

I keep marvelling at the bird. The head is so well-sculpted.

iosefe

i have a build that can be characterized in a few different ways. when i post it, i'll tell you, just pick the one you prefer

Went to the Lego store. Got the set. And then walked out with $200 set. Damn you op I blame you >=[

(Not really but it's hard not to spend all the money in that store)

Fishlake

I'll be getting this tomorrow when I'm out.

I doubt I'll be any better then what is in here already.

I really like that mech mrkgoo.

I still haven't found the set locally (if I don't end up finding it I'm still offering the prize) but I am absolutely loving all of the entries so far.

Like Phon said however, I'm going to take a break from the thread. I want to stay clean when and if I compile an entry!

mrkgoo

Thanks for the comments!

I've been toying with a few builds and I'm trying to decide what I like best.

Yeah... The locust is the kind of mech I had in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom