• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes |OT| Cosmic Brick Your Console

JRW

Do we know if this game is 60fps on PS4?

I sure hope so.. I built my current PC in March of 2010 and it runs Lego Marvel @ solid 60fps / 1080p with all in-game graphics & effects settings enabled / maxed.

(PC i7 920 @ 3.6ghz / 12gb / EVGA GTX 480 1.5GB / Win 7).

Ubiquitar

Neo Member
Friday can't come soon enough!

h5bm.jpg

feli

Any news on the delay of the Xbox One version? I would like to know if it's gonna take like forever to come on Microsoft's next-gen console.

Gamestop.it is already saying march 28. :(

TriGen

I got this on PS4 as 1 of my 3 games from Amazon -- and it says it has shipped and will be here on the 15th. Can't wait.

woromatt

Neo Member
Trying to play this on my PC using my Dualshock 4 and x360ce. For some reason it forces me into co-op, has this been happening to anyone else?

Played this on 360, man there are a lot of 'character got stuck' bugs in this that were missed. I got stuck so many times and had to start over a lot. Very, very buggy. There was even this one time one of the enemy bosses
Venom
got stuck in the middle of his scripted animation that the game itself didn't proceed.

It's a real shame. The cutscenes are really good.

Bionic

Trying to play this on my PC using my Dualshock 4 and x360ce. For some reason it forces me into co-op, has this been happening to anyone else?
Yes, it's a bug that several people have encountered and can't find a workaround for. It's strange because a real 360 controller works fine for single player, but you just can't get around it yet for certain other types of controllers. It won't let the non-existent second player drop out, so you're stuck in co-op.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Played this on 360, man there are a lot of 'character got stuck' bugs in this that were missed. I got stuck so many times and had to start over a lot. Very, very buggy. There was even this one time one of the enemy bosses
Venom
got stuck in the middle of his scripted animation that the game itself didn't proceed.

It's a real shame. The cutscenes are really good.

Most of the times characters got stuck I was able to free them eventually by switching between characters from far away.
The worst was having characters not get on the elevator in Doom's castle. You're stuck on the elevator with no control at all, even over the camera until they do. Sometimes they never do.

I hate the flying controls. It feels like out of nowhere the character speeds up and I can't do a race. Either way, just got 20ish more gold bricks to get before I 100% the game.

Can anyone tell me if blade is good in this
What do you mean "good?" He doesn't seem to have any special abilities outside of just his sword.

Malmorian

Such a great game, I couldn't put it down. Great pacing, and the music was fantastic. My only wish is that they would make a Lego Aliens trilogy.

Malmorian

I kinda wish they did the free roam a bit better.

Like having to save people and beat up random groups of enemies.

Or fight other super villians that are causing havoc in the free roam world.

Maybe even get some other heroes to attack you if cause too much trouble etc....

Wow, please give this man a medal. And a job, that would have kept me playing for hours and hours. The Sentinel moments are some of my favs and wish we had more.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I kinda wish they did the free roam a bit better.

Like having to save people and beat up random groups of enemies.

Or fight other super villians that are causing havoc in the free roam world.

Maybe even get some other heroes to attack you if cause too much trouble etc....
This describes I would say more than half of all of the free roam missions.

Messi

I hate the flying controls. It feels like out of nowhere the character speeds up and I can't do a race. Either way, just got 20ish more gold bricks to get before I 100% the game.

What do you mean "good?" He doesn't seem to have any special abilities outside of just his sword.

I guess I mean fun to play as, but sounds like he is nothing special :(

I have never played a game that requires me to look up "solutions" as often as this one does. I'm a grown-ass-man and I'm amazed at how obfuscated some of the steps are.

I beat goddamn Temple of Apshai on the Commodore 64 dammit, why is this LEGO game vexing me so?

feli

Yes.

Apparently it is no longer delayed on Xbox One.

Source

Oh god, yes. :D

I also received an italian press release announcement, if we needed another confirmation:

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes sarà disponibile al lancio per PlayStation 4 e in seguito anche per Xbox One. Il titolo è schedulato per essere negli store d’Europa per entrambe le console next-gen il prossimo 29 Novembre".

for non-italian gaffers: it basically says what IGN US says: 29 november on both the next-gen consoles.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
looking forward to PS4 impressions. I don't expect anything more or less than the PC version at 1080p with it's standard build in not very good AA. But that'll be enough for me.

feli

looking forward to PS4 impressions. I don't expect anything more or less than the PC version at 1080p with it's standard build in not very good AA. But that'll be enough for me.

Same here. I can't wait to see this in action :D

Fox1304

Come on GAF, you're slipping.
No stream, pics, videos on PS4 ? It's been nearly a whole 10 hours, I'm not that patient :D

Groof

I'm excited to see how the PS4 version fares as well, but personally, my PC version just unlocked and I'm super excited for that too.

JoeM86

Got my Wii U one yesterday. Enjoying it a lot, though I hit a glitch in the Asgard level that required me to restart.

harrytang

this game chugs on my pc in free roam at all visuals settings. the lag is so bad it's difficult to drive the cars.

i would consider getting on ps4 if this bs is ironed out on console.

Mecca

Got my Wii U one yesterday. Enjoying it a lot, though I hit a glitch in the Asgard level that required me to restart.

I have it on PS3 and I had to do a hard restart about 4 times through the course of my play through because the game would freeze. I think this game overall is just really glitchy.

JoeM86

I have it on PS3 and I had to do a hard restart about 4 times through the course of my play through because the game would freeze. I think this game overall is just really glitchy.

Unfortunately, that's very common with Lego games.

I got glitched out of 100% on Lego Star Wars 3. Lego City gave me a load of freezes. Lego Lord of the Rings froze on me a couple of times and so on. Lego Batman 2 had a similar glitch to the Asgard one on one level too (had to turn on subtitles to get it to work)

They're great games, and I love the freeroam aspect that has come, but the glitches do taint the experience somewhat. Now I always make sure to save at each checkpoint.

Lily

I want to know if switching characters is any quicker in the PC/next gen versions...or load times in general.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Out of curiosity, for those who have played this and Lego City Undercover-

What are the differences, other than theme? They both seem to be open world Lego games... what does LC:U do that this game doesn't?

(Considering picking up LC:U when I get my Wii U in a few weeks, trying to see if it's too similar to this game)

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
This looks great on the PS4, great port. Lovely 1080p and smooth. My kids are playing co-op now.

Mecca

Unfortunately, that's very common with Lego games.

I got glitched out of 100% on Lego Star Wars 3. Lego City gave me a load of freezes. Lego Lord of the Rings froze on me a couple of times and so on. Lego Batman 2 had a similar glitch to the Asgard one on one level too (had to turn on subtitles to get it to work)

They're great games, and I love the freeroam aspect that has come, but the glitches do taint the experience somewhat. Now I always make sure to save at each checkpoint.

And yet we still buy them. :( They know we will so things like this will never be fixed.

Out of curiosity, for those who have played this and Lego City Undercover-

What are the differences, other than theme? They both seem to be open world Lego games... what does LC:U do that this game doesn't?

(Considering picking up LC:U when I get my Wii U in a few weeks, trying to see if it's too similar to this game)

All Lego games are pretty similar. Each have fetch quests, puzzles to solve and studs to find. Lego City is more of the same, but that doesn't make it bad. There is definitely fun to be had. For me it was refreshing to see a new environment that wasn't based around an existing property. People were calling it Lego Grand Theft Auto before it came out. I think that description is pretty accurate except a more family friendly version where you are hunting down the bad guys instead of being one.

The integration of the gamepad is fantastic with being able to locate things on your map. The only real downside is Lego City has a ton of load times. Like pretty much after every cut scene.

fionel

bought this on PC and the game just crashes upon launching and this happens on all 3 of my PCs. Apparently others are having the same problem according to the steam forum. Really pissed off about this!

Zing

Banned
Lego City gave me a load of freezes.
I'm 10 hours into Lego City and haven't had a single glitch of any sort.

I was initially hesitant of this game, but after playing Lego City, I'd be a fool to pass this up. I'll grab it used later.

Neverfade

How far in do you get access to the whole city? I'm 3 missions in and I just get the "Continue Story" option after each. Literally no other option.

So...does anyone know how to unlock Custom character M? I am at 99.9% completion with everything else unlocked/collected except that. I can't seem to find ANY information regarding this.

Top Bottom