• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
You can now pre-order LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded, which will release May 5 2015. I'm pre-ordering now due to Amazon's pre-order price guarantee. It should come with a minifig, though we won't know what it is for months.
http://amzn.com/1465435506/

There is also:
DK Adventures: LEGO Star Wars: Into Battle. It's a hardcover... minifig included or no?
http://amzn.com/1465436219/

LEGO Star Wars in 100 Scenes (hardcover), probably no minifig with this one but who knows?
http://amzn.com/1465434372/

Look in the "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" section below the listings for a bunch more Star Wars books to pre-order. 2015 is definitely going to see SW return in a big way.

Bought the girlfriend the Palace Cinema set for her birthday. It's our first serious Lego purchase. And so it begins......
I hope she likes it. Could be the start of a very beautiful bricklationship.

Also: Yay, page 5!

Ryuuroden

Congrats on getting one though!

The only time I buy more than one of a set is if there is an expandability feature by using more than one set (like the Black Gate).

I also tend to buy 2 of each polybag. Not to sell one - no I have this weird quirk with polybags where I buy one to open and one to keep (for what I dunno). If I end up getting more than 2 (often happens with promo sets) then I find opportunities to give them away to friends and family, or for GAF building contests.

I buy multiple modulars, but I do so to make bigger modulars :D

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Second Christmas set revealed
40107-1.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned

I've been waiting for this! Very cool, thanks. Placing an order Nov 1st to secure one.

I prefer Set 1... but this does have really cool stuff, I like all the ice tiles

I'm not really sure... is she playing... ice hockey?

Because if yes, why didn't they include two hockey sticks. There is a mold for them already.

Oh wait, maybe it's curling? (not that i've played it before)

I've been waiting for this! Very cool, thanks. Placing an order Nov 1st to secure one.

I prefer Set 1... but this does have really cool stuff, I like all the ice tiles

I'm not really sure... is she playing... ice hockey?

Because if yes, why didn't they include two hockey sticks. There is a mold for them already.

Oh wait, maybe it's curling? (not that i've played it before)

I really like this...feels somewhat fresh.

I think it is Nov 28, not Nov 1 when it will be available.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Oh. Well drat.

*edit*
Yeah the calendar says nov 28 - Dec 1... why such a ridiculously short range? :/ Set 1 gets an entire month
I think its for Thanksgiving weekend. I dont know what that means elsewhere in the world but I imagine itll still be limited to orders just that weekend.

I quite like it. I prefer the first but as a freebie it looks pretty neat.

Rootbeer

Banned
I get it, but they are marketing the freebies almost as a pair with all the "set 1 of 2" "set 2 of 2" business. In truth the two sets don't compliment each-other much apart from both being winter sets, so if someone were to get only one and not both it's not much of a loss.

It won't effect me since I know i'll be placing an order that weekend.

R-User!

So I'm thinking about gift ideas for some family members and I know exactly what will work for a friend of mine's kids

LEGO Minecraft of course!

And i'd be remiss if I didn't buy a set for myself too, not going to miss out on some of the cool new elements they are adding to these.

Found this video which shows off the sets nicely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XWITYt8g1c

JANG is going to be all over these.

But do we actually have a release date? Is it Nov 1st or is it later in Nov?

Sometime in November is what I heard.

This set looks cute. But I don't see any link to Set 1of2; looks like it would pair up somewhat well with the ice skating section of WV Bakery (or was it Cottage or Post Office).

Either way I could see people passing on this freebie; better value = buy all your holiday needs NOW in October and stock up on elves for your Santa's Workshop! The month is almost over, and most stores usually sell through on their promos by mid month (from what I've heard from the multiple LEGO stores I frequent), so get your double points and however many promos you can.

Get'em while you caaan!

Ryuuroden

How cute :D

.....and just put in another 100 dollars worth of bricklink orders lol. I am providing some sellers with a lot of business. Still, it was about 100 dollars less than I thought it might be and it should carry me through a bunch more of the Orthanc build. The biggest purchase was 360ish 1x1 black plates for just under a total of 20 dollars (I had completely burned through my entire supply of them, used over 100 just on the Palantir level.) Only some of it was stuff I ran out of, others was just to restock my supply that was getting low. The great thing about Orthanc is that minus the plates and a few other parts, I really do not use black at all (especially when it comes to regular bricks) so at least I do not have to worry about having much left after I finish it for other things. It means I can leave this up for a long time which is what I want to do. Anyways, travel was postponed till tomorrow so I may have enough time to mostly finish the Palantir level for pictures before I leave. (minus bits and pieces that I am waiting for in my orders I just placed.) I will say this, I think it's the best floor I've done yet and could probably be a standalone piece.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sometime in November is what I heard.

This set looks cute. But I don't see any link to Set 1of2; looks like it would pair up somewhat well with the ice skating section of WV Bakery (or was it Cottage or Post Office).

Either way I could see people passing on this freebie; better value = buy all your holiday needs NOW in October and stock up on elves for your Santa's Workshop! The month is almost over, and most stores usually sell through on their promos by mid month (from what I've heard from the multiple LEGO stores I frequent), so get your double points and however many promos you can.

Get'em while you caaan!
I've made three orders in Oct so far, so in addition to Santa's Workshop I have 3x Holiday Set (1 of 2), that's a pretty good set of Elves. I guess one more couldn't hurt... if Minecraft isn't hitting till mid-to-late Nov then i'd rather get in on some more double VIP while it lasts... hmmm

Andrin

That second holiday set looks really cute. I'll sadly only get a single holiday set #1 as it's limited to one per household here in Europe :(

And I'm really looking forward to the finished model Ryuuroden. The pictures you've shown us so far look great!

R-User!

I've made three orders in Oct so far, so in addition to Santa's Workshop I have 3x Holiday Set (1 of 2), that's a pretty good set of Elves. I guess one more couldn't hurt... if Minecraft isn't hitting till mid-to-late Nov then i'd rather get in on some more double VIP while it lasts... hmmm

Earn more rewards!

ghostmind

Ehhhhh... not feeling this one as much, as it doesn't tie in thematically with either this year's WV set, nor the other Holiday promo. And it does look like they are trying to play hockey, but the execution is weak.

Still, it is free.

Ehhhhh... not feeling this one as much, as it doesn't tie in thematically with either this year's WV set, nor the other Holiday promo. And it does look like they are trying to play hockey, but the execution is weak.

Still, it is free.

it's free AND you get quite a few trans pieces, those are always welcome (for me at least)

Walmart had two Ghosts. Was going to get one. Customer service was going to match. Two supervisors were going to. Then store manager came in saying he just got an email about the issue and won't honor it. Dammit. 20 minutes of my life gone.

Oh well.

I'm all about the Venom bigfig!

pDNLrda.jpg

Venom has always been my fave Marvel character. I do wish there was an official bigfig Venom. His transformation in the Lego Marvel game was awesome.

Still hoping a Carnage gets made even if I don't care as much about him.

I wish Lego also did more variants of Spider-Man like the batman sets :-/ I wonder if marvel has a rule on lego about this.

Bought the girlfriend the Palace Cinema set for her birthday. It's our first serious Lego purchase. And so it begins......

Perfect timing. Check out Pet Shop modular before it becomes unavailable at MSRP prices. Town Hall may be too late already.

Nice. Nothing too special especially the minifigs. Someone with a very large collection could build that or someone could bricklink the parts for it (skates are a nice part). I like the lamp post. I believe they had one in white or maybe same black color in a previous xmas giveaway set.

Sorry, missed that!

New(ish) bootlegs...

Fantasic Four.

15392472967_17c0913c68.jpg

15575824271_4c11f6bbae.jpg

And yes there is even a decent ZEA Batman

15575823671_7b80746d50.jpg

Also check out these wolverine variants

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Baby...ing-blocks-Minifigures-Bricks/1924953095.html

Nice Human Torch.

I'm holding out for Decool to do ZEA Batman. That pearl silver Silver Surfer doesn't look too bad. I'm trying to stay with Decool, but at those super cheap (see what i did there?) prices I may dabble more with other brands.

Not feeling it with the Wolverine variants, except for hairy chest Wolverine.

I'm all about the Venom bigfig!

pDNLrda.jpg

Sigh. Yet another one I want.

Krilekk

Banned
BrickFan is also reporting that the UCS TIE will indeed be the classic TIE Fighter.

I don't get it. But I didn't get the SeX-Wing either. The minifigure scale models 9492 and 9493 already make great display pieces. And have a pretty decent size. A UCS TIE is just gonna be three to four times the size I'd very much prefer a new UCS Falcon with interior. Or a C-3PO to go along my R2.

R-User!

I don't get it. But I didn't get the SeX-Wing either. The minifigure scale models 9492 and 9493 already make great display pieces. And have a pretty decent size. A UCS TIE is just gonna be three to four times the size I'd very much prefer a new UCS Falcon with interior. Or a C-3PO to go along my R2.

Wouldn't that have to be a 3-4000 piece 3P0 to be in scale with R2?!

0_o

They do that and I'll be shocked! It'd have to cost $250 minimum. I'd love to see it though!

Wouldn't that have to be a 3-4000 piece 3P0 to be in scale with R2?!

0_o

They do that and I'll be shocked! It'd have to cost $250 minimum. I'd love to see it though!

To keep it in scale I think you are vastly underestimating the piece count.

Ryuuroden is probably in a better position than I am to talk about massive sets though!

BrickFan is also reporting that the UCS TIE will indeed be the classic TIE Fighter.

Hmmm...I'd better buy the Red-5 X-Wing UCS to pair with the UCS Tie.

I'm all for UCS Falcon. I think it will be done. Maybe when the new movies are released? They are running out of OT stuff to rehash before they start the cycle again.

Rootbeer

Banned
The BrickFan is reporting a rumor that 2015 will see a Simpsons Kwik-E-Mart set.

I'll buy it but it will be reluctantly unless it has new minifigs. I don't just want reprints. I'm cool with 2 or so reprints (Homer and Apu, most likely.) -- but sweeten the pot with some new ones too!

Still irritating that The Simpsons House had no exclusive minifig heads. They all appeared in Simpsons CMF. I don't want a repeat of that.

R-User!

To keep it in scale I think you are vastly underestimating the piece count.

Ryuuroden is probably in a better position than I am to talk about massive sets though!

Oh, I knew I thought I was.
Just lowballing for the sake of thinking optimistically. Realistically, I could see him being double R2's piece count (~4,300) up to ~1,000 more (5,300)...

...yeah, that's a pipedream...

Ha

I just finished adding 2500+ pieces to my rebrickable from my last wave of bricklink purchases.

What would you estimate a 3P0's piece count would be Ryuuroden?

Bought Captain America vs Hydra tank for $15 on Amazon yesterday, apparently its already waiting for me at home to build. Happy Birthday to me I suppose!

Ryuuroden

Oh, I knew I thought I was.
Just lowballing for the sake of thinking optimistically. Realistically, I could see him being double R2's piece count (~4,300) up to ~1,000 more (5,300)...

...yeah, that's a pipedream...

What would you estimate a 3P0's piece count would be Ryuuroden?

I honestly am not sure as I have no idea what you would need to make a bipedal mech solid and fullly articulated. I would say the low range is 5000-7500 because of all the curves and angles. I would expect to see something with a technic interior skeleton. 3P0 would have to be built a lot more solid. I don't think the piece count is the issue as much as all the chrome gold is. Lego only puts in a certain amount of new colors in each set and the amount of chrome gold pieces and the variety needed is ridiculous. There would be no use for the majority of the pieces in any other set they ever did in that color.

Picked up Palpatine's (or should I call him Sheev) arrest with the police jetski polybag to get week 3 mini modular at TRU. 9526 finally dropped to $69.

Rootbeer

Banned
Picked up Palpatine's (or should I call him Sheev) arrest with the police jetski polybag to get week 3 mini modular at TRU. 9526 finally dropped to $69.

Huh! nice deal. I paid more than that a few months ago T__T Not much, thankfully.

And yes, I should have just bought it when S@H was doing the clearance on it. I end up kicking myself all the time as it turns out. :)

Rootbeer

Banned
Just think of them as the limited edition, really, really stoned variants.

I still don't get what they were going for with the sleepy look. It's not like they go around that way in the show frequently. It's better than them being identical though.

I guess I can try to imagine that Marge is doing her trademark scowl... but I just don't see it.

Same. I would much prefer a TIE Interceptor.

The first thing that came to my head when I read your post was a scene from Dumb and Dumber where Jim Carrey grabs Jeff Daniels' head and says "Do you realize what you you've done?" haha

It's always nice to have a significant other or gf who's into Lego too. My wife only likes the cute CMF's, but that's good enough for me.

Not a big fan of this set but I'll be getting one anyway. I like the first one way better.

MOCing modulars sure is addictive! I just finished one (can't show it just yet), and I'm already planning a second one. Although it will be a lot smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom