• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Welp, went to bed around 7:30 because the site wasn't working and now it's out of stock. Kinda angry about this whole thing, but it is making me question if I should even get it anyway. $800 is a lot of money... For two thirds the price of the Falcon I could get both the Bucket Wheel Excavator and Assembly Square, sets I've been wanting for a while now. I dunno, it's just I've always wanted the original UCS Falcon...

Koren

Being backordered means I have time to wait for someone to design a good stand for the Falcon
I really, really hope someone can design one, since an horizontal Falcon need to be lower and have a really large footprint. I fully expect the custom stand to cost as much as a decent set, though.

Throw in a couple adjustments and a lighting kit and I'm sure I'll be over 1000€ :( Well...

Awesome. They cancelled my order. Same shit happened with the Snowspeeder.
:(

UK scalpers getting £850-900 on ebay. Not much room after ebay and paypal fees??
That's still quick cash for not much work... I doubt people think now it'll be limited enough to pay crazy prices.

Will be interesting to see if they literally have none in stock for the non VIP launch on the 1st.
Pretty sure it'll be the case (it was first backordered till october 1st, then mid-october, then out of stock, so I can't really see stock before november unless they really increase the production rate) and I really think it's ackward.

Ponn

Banned
Decided at last minute not to do it. I felt really guilty spending that much right now with a surgery planned and everything going on with my sister and not knowing the extent of the damage of her house. I know I would have felt really bad after my hype died down. I hope most everyone got one that wanted one, sorry for those that didn't but it will be back in stock at some point. Just buy other stuff for now and build up those VIP points for it.

Forgot Winter Train station came out today too. I think i'm going to save that to get the VIP freebie with double VIP in October. I need to figure out something to get that free Lloyd fig in between as well. Waiting for the Nov. calendar to make any more buying decisions and figure out timing of freebies. If Wayne Manor releases then, oh boy. Otherwise it will be Destinys Bounty. Saving up my VIP for either Ninjago City or Wayne Manor.

Awesome. They cancelled my order. Same shit happened with the Snowspeeder.

Oh man, i'm sorry Phon. I hope they straighten it out for you after waiting this long.

On hold now. I am so pissed off right now. This happened with Snowspeeder that the billing address didn't match or some shit. Not an issue with any other orders before that and this one. Carousel and Ninjago City went through completely fine with all the same info.

Annoying thing is I don't have the money to order again since there is a hold on the card already from the first charge which wiped me out.

I am so angry right now.

EDIT: Still holding. Will see how this goes before I decide to punch a hole in the wall.

Roody

Neo Member
My Falcon order has also changed to "waiting for new stock." Does that just mean I'm not in the first wave or so of shipments? Or is it basically the same as being on backorder?

I don't mind waiting either way, as long as my order is fine.

Good luck for those still trying to get a MF on day zero.

For a billion dollar company with 30% profit margins, LEGO could spend a little more money on their website infrastructure.

TrojanAg

My order status says "In Warehouse"....so does that mean I'm in the clear? I didn't get my order in until a few minutes before it changed into 'Backorder'. It took me almost an hour and a half of dealing with their website.

Zerojul

While I don't think mine is backordered, I won't mind that being the case, this MF is meant to blow my 8 years old socks off in Christmas, so I am actually planning to keep mine boxed in my office dormant until Christmas day. This is going to be a "It's Nintendo 64!" levels of holy shit for my son

You're a good man, Omega.

For me this MF is gonna cost a lot more than €800 because it dragged me back into Lego after a few years of hiatus and since I've learned of its release I've bought BB8 and Saturn V and I know I will have to get Snowspeeder and I don't think I can possibly not buy OFS and... In short, this damned thing made me catch the Lego bug again.

I hope I can get one before the end of the year, bloody site kept bugging for hours and Paris stores sold out in an hour :/

DonShula

UCS Falcon Effect: when you tell your wife you want to spend $200 on Lego and she says that's too much and you respond with "at least it's not the $800 set" and she relents.

You're a good man, Omega.

For me this MF is gonna cost a lot more than €800 because it dragged me back into Lego after a few years of hiatus and since I've learned of its release I've bought BB8 and Saturn V and I know I will have to get Snowspeeder and I don't think I can possibly not buy OFS and... In short, this damned thing made me catch the Lego bug again.

I hope I can get one before the end of the year, bloody site kept bugging for hours and Paris stores sold out in an hour :/

Merci Zero, good to hear from you, they might still be re-stocks throughout the year in stores, try to pass by the stores every now and then. If I happen to know something I'll let you know.

Salut mon ami

TrojanAg

Wow, they must be getting hammered by a lot of pissed off people. Pretty shitty to hear about that, but maybe they can at least put on backorder I hope.

32 minutes on hold...calmer now at least. Doesn't mean I am not angry. Just a more controlled angry.

I talked to them this morning, since somehow my confirmation order came with a shipping address I haven't used in years and was definitely not the one I used this morning, my theory is that they went in all the orders to waive the shipping charges and that somehow changed my shipping address.
The CR guy was really nice and changed/edit my address, hopefully it works, they guy said they are already shipping these things out.

Good luck!

The girl I just talked to has to talk to another department to figure out why they cancelled it, then will call me back. She says everything looks fine on her end, but has to go through them to get it sorted out.

So God knows when she will call me back today. Was able to transfer some money from our joint account over just in case they charge me a second time. But I am still angry about this. It is ridiculous.

TrojanAg

Looking through my account I see 2 orders, one that is In warehouse and another that says waiting for stock, which is from my first attempt that was stalled due to a credit fraud check when I was trying to make the purchase. I'll have to cancel the waiting in stock one since I don't want that money floating around until who knows when, plus someone else can get one sooner.

The girl I just talked to has to talk to another department to figure out why they cancelled it, then will call me back. She says everything looks fine on her end, but has to go through them to get it sorted out.

So God knows when she will call me back today. Was able to transfer some money from our joint account over just in case they charge me a second time. But I am still angry about this. It is ridiculous.

I hope things land favorably for you. If there's anyone in this thread who deserves VIP treatment from LEGO, it's you.

Once my order was placed I got a text from my bank asking if the charge was good. They let it through. It was after that that I got the confirmation email.

Then three hours after that I get the cancellation email. So maybe it was the bank putting a hold on for no reason. Just changed the settings so it will let a charge from CT through so there shouldn't be an issue, but still. This shouldn't happen.

EDIT: More annoyed now since I have to wait around all day for her to contact me back, and who knows when that will be.

shiba5

What the hell does "waiting for new stock" mean? Is that backordered?
After all that BS, if it's backordered I'm going to be pissed.

Edit: I hope you get one Phon. Whole thing has been a cluster....

Sounds like the whole thing is a bit of a mess. I'm happy that I have no interest in it at all, so I can just watch the chaos unfold.

On another note; where does the Wayne manor rumor come from? I've seen some of you guys write about it but I cannot find anything substantial when I google it. The only thing that shows up is a rejected Lego Ideas set.

ghostmind

Star Wars stuff for today:

93PNzsQr.jpg

ghostmind

LEGO store manager said that they would be getting regular stock refills for the Falcon, and he expects 12 more sets in the next shipment.

Also they changed the return policy. For sets $599 and up, no returns for opened product, and 10% restocking fee for unopened returns (again for sets $599 and up).

Ryuuroden

Was down at Disney World, and went to the Lego Store in Disney Springs and saw a piece in the pick a brick wall I don't recall ever seeing.

XxTiqAR.jpg

Never saw this in that sand green color before.

I have around 3000 of those, they were part of the NYC statue of liberty pick a build on the wall. The store in Chicago got all the pieces for that when I was at brickworld in 2016 so I bought a ton of various sand green plates tiles and those.

The pick a brick was only NYC store.

Koren

Also they changed the return policy. For sets $599 and up, no returns for opened product, and 10% restocking fee for unopened returns (again for sets $599 and up).
Those little details are one of the reasons online orders can be better...

I have around 3000 of those, they were part of the NYC statue of liberty pick a build on the wall. The store in Chicago got all the pieces for that when I was at brickworld in 2016 so I bought a ton of various sand green plates tiles and those.
I wish I could buy sand green in french walls :(

LEGO store manager said that they would be getting regular stock refills for the Falcon, and he expects 12 more sets in the next shipment.

I would expect plenty of stories about how stock is super limited and it'll only be around for a few months and all that stuff, but this'll just be shit generated by scalpers who are looking to artificially increase the value of these sets while they try and shift them.

There's no way this is going to be hard to buy for the next two or three years at least though, after the initial demand is out of the way.

Yeah, if this shit doesn't get sorted out today I will be calling the Nashville store next week and see if they will hold one then.

Now debating about calling LEGO back or waiting impatiently for the rep to return my call. Why is my gut saying she won't call back? Of course, my gut this morning said they would cancel the order just like the snow speeder, and it was right.

TrojanAg

For now, at least, scalpers will definitely have their way I think.

On a side note, I'm freaking exhausted. Ordering this thing on the west coast was rough.

Fuck them. Normally I think that, but my mood today just amplifies it.

And my apologies to everyone on here. This is my venting ground right now. Took the whole day off to go to the store and buy, but decided to do it online and then maybe just build a MOC today. Now just waiting by the computer and phone for whenever they call or don't call me back. It is messing with my head and my ability to focus on anything.

DBT85

On a side note, I'm freaking exhausted. Ordering this thing on the west coast was rough.
Always the way, I still can't fathom why we were even allowed to buy 3 if we wanted to in the UK. I could easily have done it this morning when I got on early.

Called LEGO back. Got through immediately. The new rep said the first one did resubmit the order, and it will take 1-2 business days to get it reinstated if it goes through. And when it does, it should look like I ordered it this morning when it was available.

So...still annoyed, but much less so now. Now to wait again.

EDIT: Ghostmind, saw your post in the other thread. So the special VIP card is still given out after today? That's good.

ghostmind

Called LEGO back. Got through immediately. The new rep said the first one did resubmit the order, and it will take 1-2 business days to get it reinstated if it goes through. And when it does, it should look like I ordered it this morning when it was available.

So...still annoyed, but much less so now. Now to wait again.

EDIT: Ghostmind, saw your post in the other thread. So the special VIP card is still given out after today? That's good.

From what I was told, it will be given out until the end of 2017, only to VIPs who purchase the UCS Falcon.

It will be shipped out sperately though, as each special VIP card will be printed with your name on it, so it can't be resold.

I don't know how accurate this is, but my friend said the LEGO store told her it would be the first 20,000 people who buy it. LEGO even states it's until the end of the year or while supplies last, so it's that last caveat that throws a wrench into it. No idea how accurate the 20k is, but I would think it's not safe to think you have until the end of the year either.

Koren

I don't know how accurate this is, but my friend said the LEGO store told her it would be the first 20,000 people who buy it. LEGO even states it's until the end of the year or while supplies last, so it's that last caveat that throws a wrench into it. No idea how accurate the 20k is, but I would think it's not safe to think you have until the end of the year either.
I've heard the end of the year, too... but well, if you really want it, better not wait end of december.

The 20k is interesting, though. The target for the set is really that high?

Ryuuroden

My order literally finally went through at the same time the site started saying backordered. My order says in warehouse so perhaps I got one of the last in stock ones. I can't believe I told my business partner it would be ok to reschedule a job to today. Totally dumb on my part as website sucked plus having to order it in the mountains of Pennsylvania. This is the first time I've had to deal with the website on a release day as I usually go to the store and now it will be the last time if I can help it. I don't understand how with a'll the money the have, it doesn't work better.

DonShula

So UCS MF and... [footage not found?]

Second time I called customer service today I told them how bad it makes them look to always have their site crawl on a release day, and that nearly every other retailer site never has that issue. Hoping they get enough complaints about it to do something.

The pick a brick was only NYC store.

I just noticed I had one of those pieces from the Statue of Liberty minifig magnet the NYC Lego Store has an exclusive.

Top Bottom