• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Taisaijin

IMG_8449.thumb.PNG.2e48c8889b5cf8e4443f11cc97534a86.PNG

This doesn't look good for the plebs who expect Oct 1 inventory.

Koren

No, but that's hardly surprising. Still not very good press.

It's still impressive that they can sell far more $800 sets than they were expecting to (especially when a lot of VIP haven't even been able to place an order)

I'm more and more pissed off at Lego that I wrecked my sleep by waking up at 7 to buy this and not even being able to because of their shitty site and now it sounds like who the hell knows when I'll get another chance.

I could get Assembly Square, Bucket Wheel Excavator, and even Ninjago City for just like $60 more than the Falcon and that's three sets with over 5000 more total pieces... Or I could just save my money, put it towards a VR headset, I dunno. If this sways me from getting an $800 Lego set maybe it's a good thing.

Sold out forever D:

In other news, I missed out on Simpsons house for $50 on offer up, Welp

Yeesh, eBay resell value is skyrocketing
I am tempted to sell those dumb porgs, might do both for $150 or something 😈
Also that flying bat shit

I'd only sell the falcon if it goes to $3000 tbh

Apparently my mecha townhouse wasn't up to Lego's 'quality standards' in the photography department. I thought those photos were pretty decent.

Edit: Oh it was cause they weren't 4:3, guess I'll have to photoshop them to be 4:3

IMG_8449.thumb.PNG.2e48c8889b5cf8e4443f11cc97534a86.PNG

This doesn't look good for the plebs who expect Oct 1 inventory.

Any scalpers that got their hands on MF are probably ecstatic at that news. Geesh, look at those eBay prices already. Low inventory before holidays also means they will be in line a few hours before stores open AND ordering online when new inventory comes in. Not using a VIP card on big purchase items is usually a big flag person may be a reseller. Of course there are a lot of legit reasons someone doesn't have VIP card (tourists, non-LEGO Star Wars fan, etc).

I *am* getting the Falcon 100%, but I'm in no rush to get it now/before the holidays. This thing is expected to be in production for a while right? So I could conceivably check sometime next year and get one hassle free?

leng jai

MF is a shitshow as expected, luckily I have no interest in it. Nice warm up to what we can expect for the iPhone X perhaps?

Finished the first 3 bags of OFS, very straight forward build so far. Hopefully I can get it done by tonight.

I *am* getting the Falcon 100%, but I'm in no rush to get it now/before the holidays. This thing is expected to be in production for a while right? So I could conceivably check sometime next year and get one hassle free?

Ya. The only real reason to rush to get it now is the special VIP card and perks that come with it. It's the only reason I jumped on now.

I see some bid on ones over 1200 dollars now and signed ones at 1500. No idea if any buy it nows have sold but those are posted at 2000 to 3000

Ebay has tools to see the sold itens, including average minimum and maximum prices. The cheapest one sold at $920. The average is still around $1,200 but there were a lot sold by way more, I can see one over $2,400 (bid war) and several buy it now listings that sold for 1,800 to 2,200. Crazy.

While I impatiently wait to see if LEGO can unfuck the situation with the Falcon for me, I finished off the next addition to my Halloween MOC today.

For the final touch to our brew tonight... a pristine virgin in a gown of white. Evil bringeth here our plea, she's as pure as she can be! White and clean as driven snow, from Orange County, here we go!

Torches blazed and sacred chants were praised
As they start to cry hands held to the sky
In the night the fires burning bright
The ritual has begun Satan's work is done
Six six six the number of the beast
Sacrifice is going on tonight

This can't go on I must inform the law
Can this still be real or some crazy dream
But I feel drawn towards the chanting hordes
They seem to mesmerize me can't avoid their eyes?
Six six six the number of the Beast
Six six six the one for you and me

Crappy overhead view of most of it. You can't see the details from high up, but shows how big it is so far. The series of blue plates in the bottom are the next phase.
I plan on having the small waterfall or spring from the sacrifice area go into a small pond or something on the blue plate. Might build a monster to go in it. Or have a dismembered body floating in bloody water.

^^^

Phon, the praying supplicants look fantastic in context. This is great!

Good luck for those still trying to get a MF on day zero.

For a billion dollar company with 30% profit margins, LEGO could spend a little more money on their website infrastructure.

Yeah, their website has been dog farts for years. I stopped trying to buy "early VIP" sets four or five years ago. Their infrastructure literally can't handle more than a handful of people hitting "Order" at the same time.

For everybody stressing about the Falcon, Train Station, Saturn V etc. etc., it'll be ok. They'll be re-stocked for many months.

Ponn

Banned
While I impatiently wait to see if LEGO can unfuck the situation with the Falcon for me, I finished off the next addition to my Halloween MOC today.

For the final touch to our brew tonight... a pristine virgin in a gown of white. Evil bringeth here our plea, she's as pure as she can be! White and clean as driven snow, from Orange County, here we go!

Torches blazed and sacred chants were praised
As they start to cry hands held to the sky
In the night the fires burning bright
The ritual has begun Satan's work is done
Six six six the number of the beast
Sacrifice is going on tonight

This can't go on I must inform the law
Can this still be real or some crazy dream
But I feel drawn towards the chanting hordes
They seem to mesmerize me can't avoid their eyes?
Six six six the number of the Beast
Six six six the one for you and me

Crappy overhead view of most of it. You can't see the details from high up, but shows how big it is so far. The series of blue plates in the bottom are the next phase.
I plan on having the small waterfall or spring from the sacrifice area go into a small pond or something on the blue plate. Might build a monster to go in it. Or have a dismembered body floating in bloody water.

Looks really cool man. If you are still working on it yea it would be interesting if you do it in increments as we get closer to halloween. We want to see what they are summoning! are they sacrificing for a giant taco?

In depressing news I made a really good choice this morning not going for the UCS MF. My laptop went kaput so now I need to get a new one. And then late afternoon i finally was able to talk to my sister after only getting a brief check in with her from tuesday. It looks like she really did lose everything. So i'm going to make a trip down there this weekend to help her out and see what more I can do for her.

The cult leader is my favorite part. Sacrifice virgin (never connected) minifig to the plastic gods so that the Millenium Falcon may land at your doorstep in the near future.

I love all the Lego pictures but I let others comment bc I don't have anything interesting to add.

Aww don't feel like that, always feel free to comment. You can always point out he didn't align the logos.

Or that not all the plates are fully pressed down.

EDIT: There was that whole thing about leg/thigh gap. Maybe we should start the reverse. LEGO gap shaming. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame. ...

giphy.gif

EDIT: This looks like it could be shaved down on top a bit to match the nun/priestess head gear.

BJjsfjKb.jpg

or this with a Ninjago scarf face mask

sw501.png

3N16MA

Banned
I can't bring myself to drop $1000 on the Falcon. As great as it is it just breaks the barrier on what I'm willing to spend on a set. Not with the Perfect Grade Falcon out there.

That being said to those who got an order in or plan on buying it I hope you thoroughly enjoy the set. Looks pretty amazing.

Dismembered body has to be Selfie Guy.

Weevilone

I can't bring myself to drop $1000 on the Falcon. As great as it is it just breaks the barrier on what I'm willing to spend on a set. Not with the Perfect Grade Falcon out there.

That being said to those who got an order in or plan on buying it I hope you thoroughly enjoy the set. Looks pretty amazing.

You are not alone. It looks great and all, but I also don't have the space for it. I'd have to build it, then tear it back down. But it looks like even the box is too big for me to store currently, though I have not seen it personally.

leng jai

Just finished OFS. Has to be the most rustic set Lego has ever released. The footprint is smaller than you expect, but it is compensated by the sheer detail and density of everything else. Only downside is that one of the rear ends of the base plate which is basically empty.

Beautiful set, best thing they've released since Parisian Cafe.

I think the best route to pay for the falcon is selling old lego sets you don't want anymore
To get $100 for arkham asylum, $200 for this sub kit , $100 for minecraft the mine, etc made the pill easier to swallow

Again, you've got plenty of time, at least before January to get that VIP card and at least a year/ two before it goes RIP

Just_one

Quick question about the Old Fishing Store Set.

Does it fit well with others modulars? i kinda like it but im afraid it wont fit very well with the current "street" of modulars...

i currently have : Pet Shop , Palace Cinema , Parisian Restaurant , Detective´s Office , Brink Bank and Assembly Square

Quick question about the Old Fishing Store Set.

Does it fit well with others modulars? i kinda like it but im afraid it wont fit very well with the current "street" of modulars...

i currently have : Pet Shop , Palace Cinema , Parisian Restaurant , Detective´s Office , Brink Bank and Assembly Square

It's not a modular.I think for it to fit in smoothly, you'd have to build something to transition from the row of connected buildings to a harbor-side area. It's definitely as detailed as them, so ifyou can make the transition from main street to water work out, it'll look great.

shiba5

I'm cancelling mine. I'm so pissed about being put on the "backorder list" after that whole shitshow yesterday. If it's going to be around for 2 years, I'll get it later.

Ryuuroden

Columbus Ohio Lego Store has 1 Millennium Falcon in stock, they had some come in today. I called them and put on a hold and then called Lego to check my online order. Seems my Online order is good so I just took my hold off. If your in the Columbus area and want to get one, call them now. Thought about buying this one too just so I can start it today but I don't want to keep someone else from getting one.

Columbus Ohio Lego Store has 1 Millennium Falcon in stock, they had some come in today. I called them and put on a hold and then called Lego to check my online order. Seems my Online order is good so I just took my hold off. If your in the Columbus area and want to get one, call them now. Thought about buying this one too just so I can start it today but I don't want to keep someone else from getting one.
Made me call the Nashville store. Nothing there. Urg. Still waiting for .com to fix their screw up on mine.

Edit: Now says "waiting for new stock"
It's better than nothing, but still mad I am on back order because of their ass backwards ordering system when I originally got in on time for first shipment.
Now watch them try and charge my card again and cancel it a second time.

Got the email from LEGO saying they made a big exception to put my order through, and to avoid this in the future have the proper billing info in the system.
But I did. I never changed it. It's the same information I used for years with only one issue. Obviously it is their screw up, but it's worded like I messed up.

Got the email from LEGO saying they made a big exception to put my order through, and to avoid this in the future have the proper billing info in the system.
But I did. I never changed it. It's the same information I used for years with only one issue. Obviously it is their screw up, but it's worded like I messed up.
I wouldn't take it personally, it's almost certainly template language.

willp2003

Last year I modded my 7965 Falcon to make it look better. Today I decided to break it down for sale or bits, and to create some room. I had to rebuild the bits I'd changed thinking that would be quick, only to discover a piece missing. I then broke it completely down, and then sorted it all, and counted it up according to the piece count in the manual. It was also pretty dusty so washed all the top exposed bits. Two pieces missing, which somehow I don't have spares of.
Today felt like a long day!
5JoFg99.jpg

Last year I modded my 7965 Falcon to make it look better. Today I decided to break it down for sale or bits, and to create some room. I had to rebuild the bits I'd changed thinking that would be quick, only to discover a piece missing. I then broke it completely down, and then sorted it all, and counted it up according to the piece count in the manual. It was also pretty dusty so washed all the top exposed bits. Two pieces missing, which somehow I don't have spares of.
Today felt like a long day!
5JoFg99.jpg

A lot of work indeed. I very recently manually checked all parts of a second hand 75054 AT-AT I purchased. I grouped them together by type and ticked off every part on a printed list. Eventually a few pieces were missing. So I bricklinked those, should arrive tomorrow. Then I can finally build!

lmc6WC2.jpg

Crispy75

I *wish* I had the space in my house to get my lego out from under my bed and get it all sorted into drawers etc.

It's mostly in takeaway food tubs for now, but there's loads of dust in the ones without lids, and still bags full unsorted. (I took on several discarded collections of families and friends).

Turns out I somehow managed to get 2 full sets of monrail tracks from 6990. I had no idea it was worth so much!

Top Bottom