• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Rolsen

Neo Member
Just checked my status on MF order, and its sitting at "waiting for new stock". That's frustrating considering the order went in only 30 min after it went live on the site. Oh well...

Just checked my status on MF order, and its sitting at "waiting for new stock". That's frustrating considering the order went in only 30 min after it went live on the site. Oh well...

That's weird. My friend did it an hour after it went up and her's already shipped.

I know it's for the best that mine is delayed so I can finish my presentation for class next week, but damn is it annoying to see "waiting for new stock."

I just tell myself that since they didn't use the VIP points I will have almost enough for a free modular in January in the end.

Plum

All this worrying about the Falcon and I'm just here waiting for when I can order BB-8 and that Creator Dino set. In the end I just couldn't justify the Falcon; whilst I have the money I don't have the space and I don't want to spend £650 on something that I can't display with pride.

I’m kind glad I’m waiting for new stock. For the first time ever I have a LEGO backlog. Just finished the Ninjago City and have the Fishing Store, BB-8, and Winter Train Station waiting for me next.

Haines

Banned
Encounter on Jakku is $38 on Amazon. Is that an okay price?

Been on sale forever and ever here.

Bc its a filler set

I dont mind my falcon taking its sweet ass time bc it will just be in its box for a long ass time anyways.

My nxt purchase will probably be the vw bus.

Got my Brinklink order and this K-2SO minifig looks a lot nicer in person than it did on bricklink. A lot more sturdy and well put together than other droids with similar skeletons.

Also printing on the "shoulder" pegs isn't something I've ever seen.

Two pieces missing, which somehow I don't have spares of.
Today felt like a long day!
5JoFg99.jpg

Man, i know exactly how this feels. Taking apart the set and doing piece count takes up so much time. But it's just something you gotta do if you're selling the set.

How do you guys do it? Any shortcuts? Or most efficient ways you guys do it? Do share.

Osahi

So Ryanair is cancelling 50 flights a day over the next six weeks and I fly with them in 9 days. If they cancel me and my wife would be due 400 euros compensation by EU law.

Am I evil for immidiatly thinking: we could buy the Falcon with that money?

still hope it doesn't get cancelled though. Want to avoid the hassle of rebooking/filing for compensation. And I am looking forward too much to go to Portugal again

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Man, i know exactly how this feels. Taking apart the set and doing piece count takes up so much time. But it's just something you gotta do if you're selling the set.

How do you guys do it? Any shortcuts? Or most efficient ways you guys do it? Do share.

I hate it too. I have switched to using a pdf of the instructions (or take a photo of the parts pages) on my iPad, then as I tear it down, I make a note of the number of each piece next to it on the photo - crossing it out when completely done. Dosages a little bit of time as I can break it down without sorting into piles.

DBT85

Despite having about 10,000 bricks worth of sets here to build, today I'm going to start sorting my old LEGO, retrieved from my parents loft. Somehow it got mixed with some knex and it also a bit dirty. Also other random shit in here. This is about 1/4 of the bag I think. I'm sure there must be more but we'll see!

tIZMsb2.jpg

My Old Fishing Store has been super shoddy with included pieces. Got a wrong color 1x2 brick, and the some of the wooden boards came in the wrong length. I thought I was going nuts but the wrong pieces gave me the right overall count. It looks fine, just surprised.

Ryuuroden

My Old Fishing Store has been super shoddy with included pieces. Got a wrong color 1x2 brick, and the some of the wooden boards came in the wrong length. I thought I was going nuts but the wrong pieces gave me the right overall count. It looks fine, just surprised.

Your being sarcastic right? Cause there were supposed to be different length boards and one of the 1x2 was supposed to be a different color.

Haines

Banned
So if we ordered a millenium falcon online, do we get a balc vip card? Or is that lego stores only?

I havent seen anything actually tell me i would get one. I never got a card from signing up online.

Your being sarcastic right? Cause there were supposed to be different length boards and one of the 1x2 was supposed to be a different color.

I’m not. I know the board lengths are supposed to be different but I had two long boards when I was supposed to have two short boards. The count was definitely off. The 1x2 was in the early bags building up the store so maybe I was wrong with that one. Dunno.

Ryuuroden

I’m not. I know the board lengths are supposed to be different but I had two long boards when I was supposed to have two short boards. The count was definitely off. The 1x2 was in the early bags building up the store so maybe I was wrong with that one. Dunno.

Was it 1x3 boards and 1x4 cause there was a stage where some of the 1x4's looked like 1x3s or vice versa and I almost made a build mistake with them. That would of given the correct number but the wrong items at least seemingly.

DBT85

As suspected, much of my Lego is missing. This bag only has classic/city/pirate/castle stuff and about 9 pieces of technic. Hopefully the rest is still at mums somewhere! Lots of technic missing!

So if we ordered a millenium falcon online, do we get a balc vip card? Or is that lego stores only?

I havent seen anything actually tell me i would get one. I never got a card from signing up online.
Anyone who buys one gets one until they run out or till the end of the year.

Koren

I don't know if I should be mad at Leog or at my bank, but the whole mess thursday morning indeed managed to get my credit card blocked online. And of course, it's basically impossible to do anything with my bank from saturday noon till tuesday >8'(

I'm really pissed. It seems that the payment that passed was my try with Paypal, but I wouldn't be surprised that when they try to collect the money, Paypal will have issues to get it from my bank.

Can I hope it won't be an automatic cancel from Lego if there's an issue with payment?

It's also online, and you shouldn't have to do anything, it'll arrive by mail (assuming you're in a region that has this offer, but I guess it's worldwide?).

I never got a card from signing up online.
I don't think that's normal... I guess the address is correct in your account. Maybe you should contact them?

99.9% of the time I went with the strong piece ina step it is because I messed up a step earlier.

OFS actually scales decently with the Imperial Flagship

I'm not a ship guy, but I got both Black Pearl and Queen Anne's Revenge heavily discounted. They look great. LEGO needs to do a largest ship (non-space) ever. Last Pirates of Caribbean ghost ship thingy didn't do it for me.

Edit: forgot about the Ninjago ship which I like and plan to get. I still want a large Imperial Flagship type ship.

DonShula

Quadjumper for $25 is one I haven't seen. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: cheapest here is $35 so I'll keep waiting. Multiple stores have double-digit quantities. I don't think it has sold very well...

Jimbro72

My Falcon was just delivered. This has to be the fastest I've ever received a LEGO order before, just 2 days to get it. It usually takes 5+ days. The size of the box is hilariously huge for a single set, too.

F34R

Edit: cheapest here is $35 so I'll keep waiting. Multiple stores have double-digit quantities. I don't think it has sold very well...

My wal mart puts things on decent sales at times. They have the Rathar Escape for $50. I was a little low on funds so I had to leave it be. :(

DBT85

My Falcon was just delivered. This has to be the fastest I've ever received a LEGO order before, just 2 days to get it. It usually takes 5+ days. The size of the box is hilariously huge for a single set, too.
Man mine is still saying in warehouse. I must have been one of the first in the UK to order online too!

Boo this!

This is an actual "what the hell were they thinking" set. It's literally on screen for ten seconds, three of which it blows up. Blowing up is a freaking feature of the set. There's already tons of competition - do you want the cool hero ship, or the cool hero ship in another colour, or several different badguy ships, or the actual Millennium Falcon, or maybe something from Rogue One? No, I want the dorky ship that blows up.

They should have packed Old Luke in there just to make collectors squirm.

Crispy75

Been having fun with Stud.io

Here's a Narrow Boat, as can be seen on Britain's inland waterways. These boats are unique to Britain, built to navigate the pre-rail industrial canal network. They're only 7ft wide, but are up to 60ft long. This one's 56x6 studs so about right in terms of minifig scale.

i9zAu4j.png

p4IxeE0.png

Over-engineered detail to hold a window pane

GWTS7hc.png

Hatch opens, tiller turns, engine compartment opens, solar panels tilt side to side.

Would cost about $60 to bricklink.....

Ryuuroden

Don't know if anyone else has started the falcon but I just started bag 1. Bag 1 has what seems like 600 to 1000 pieces just by itself, lol

Seems like even after the release of Millenium Falcon, it will dominate this thread for awhile.

P.S. I've never seen Phonciplebone so upset. If I had a LEGO brick for every profane upset post he posted about his Falcon order I could build a modular. :) LEGO please get the man his MF Millenium Falcon so he can be back to his usual self.

Koren

P.S. I've never seen Phonciplebone so upset.
Indeed... I seriously fear I'm in a similar situation, my credit card seems locked, apparently my bank tried to call me (problem, my cellphone is dead). Seriously, if something go wrong, I'll probably join him.

Seems like even after the release of Millenium Falcon, it will dominate this thread for awhile.

P.S. I've never seen Phonciplebone so upset. If I had a LEGO brick for every profane upset post he posted about his Falcon order I could build a modular. :) LEGO please get the man his MF Millenium Falcon so he can be back to his usual self.
Sorry for my anger. i did apologize before I began the rants I think. Lol.
But really, I wouldn't be so upset if I could just reorder it like when it happened with the Snowspeeder. Now I am stuck in a holding pattern and no clue when the thing will happen. And for a set I have waited ten years for.
It would be one thing if I were late ordering and that is why I am on back order. That would be a case of bad timing or me being late. That would just be an inconvenience that was my fault.
I am just annoyed that my info, that hasn't changed in 3 years, suddenly doesn't pass their billing standards on this order, but had zero issues with other massive orders.

But, as said before, it let me MOC and has given me time to work on school stuff. It is for the better, even if it annoys me. And my anger has subsided from Thursday. Sorry it has put a weird black cloud over this.

Indeed... I seriously fear I'm in a similar situation, my credit card seems locked, apparently my bank tried to call me (problem, my cellphone is dead). Seriously, if something go wrong, I'll probably join him.
Sounds similar, but my money went back sometime yesterday afternoon. Sorry you are going through bullshit too.

Ryuuroden

On part 3 of 17 on the falcon. Part 1 was the base structure that provides the sturdyness. It has given me lots of new ideas on how to build a sturdy technic base for the long term airship. Mainly stuff for reinforcement.

On part 3 of 17 on the falcon. Part 1 was the base structure that provides the sturdyness. It has given me lots of new ideas on how to build a sturdy technic base for the long term airship. Mainly stuff for reinforcement.
Used similar techniques to the regular Falcon to make the inner support for my sacrifice hill. It's handy for many things.

Top Bottom