• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

LEGO and Star Wars have a proud history BUT....

What iconic OT Star Wars scenes have not been made into LEGO sets?

-- I am Your Father (link to the excellent IDEAS project)
-- Luke vs Himself in the Dagobah Cave
-- Obi-Wan Rescuing Luke (although aside from the Landspeeder I'm not sure what they can add).
-- Millennium Falcon hiding in the Exogorth's belly (not sure how this can be achieved tbh)
-- Darth Vader's Death scene
-- Celebration on Endor (with Force Ghost minifigs!)

Am I missing any?

Correct me if I am wrong there's set where Luke confronts Vader on Endor

LOL. Statement on BrickHeadz.

Batman and Hulk are my favorites.

33299153771_5d5d98fff6_b.jpg
REJECTZ by Iain Heath, on Flickr

Weevilone

Always wanted Slave One. Ordered it before the double points expired. I had picked up the Red Five X-Wing before it went away, and will eventually grab the Tie.

I have the original X-Wing and Tie UCS sets from many years ago, but missed everything in between. :-(

I'm not sure it's ever been discussed, but Ebates offers 2.5% cash back for the Lego store. They have a handy browser add-on that flagged it for me.

Always wanted Slave One. Ordered it before the double points expired. I had picked up the Red Five X-Wing before it went away, and will eventually grab the Tie.

I have the original X-Wing and Tie UCS sets from many years ago, but missed everything in between. :-(

I'm not sure it's ever been discussed, but Ebates offers 2.5% cash back for the Lego store. They have a handy browser add-on that flagged it for me.

While Slave 1 is a more varied and interesting build than the UCS TIE, my heart will always belong to the TIE. I absolutely love that ship, and all its variations. The UCS version was a long time coming, and I absolutely love it. So massive and intimidating.

And now to keep refreshing LEGO S@H for Silent Mary and pray it screws up and lets me double dip with that and double VIP.

Ponn

Banned
F$*#*@ update you stupid S@H!! gimme gimme gimme

edit: HAHA, they were able to update turning off double VIP but are taking their time on Silent Mary. Well played Lego, well played.

Weevilone

While Slave 1 is a more varied and interesting build than the UCS TIE, my heart will always belong to the TIE. I absolutely love that ship, and all its variations. The UCS version was a long time coming, and I absolutely love it. So massive and intimidating.

And now to keep refreshing LEGO S@H for Silent Mary and pray it screws up and lets me double dip with that and double VIP.

It looks like double VIP has already ended for me.

lol, the main page has updated to say the set is available, but the product page doesn't let you buy it yet.

BAH! Same for me. Tried clearing my cookies and switching browsers too.

EDIT: BAH! Update it, LEGO. I need to order this then relax for the rest of the night. Trying to sneak this stuff in.

EDIT 2: DOUBLE BAH! Almost 45 minutes later and still nothing. LAME! It is like this every single time they put a set up for early VIP. Their online game is so weak.

EDIT 3: TRIPLE BAH! Been over an hour, and still not able to order the set. Seriously, get on your game, LEGO.

EDIT 4: Seriously, LEGO. Get your crap together. The home page says I can order it, but the product page says I cannot.

Alright, making this a double post.

WTF, LEGO. Been nearly 2 hours since the set shoulda gone live and still nothing.

Yes, the only reason I am up so late trying to order is to try and sneak in the double VIP with the early access, aka banking on your screwing up. But really. I will take being able to order on time over this wait and see crap.

EDIT: Alright, been over 2 hours. I am going to bed. LAME!

Will probably just wake up in the morn and order it with regular VIP. Maybe cash in my points. No double dipping shenanigans for Phoney Bone!

God,+I+pity+Me..jpg

wetwired

Alright, making this a double post.

WTF, LEGO. Been nearly 2 hours since the set shoulda gone live and still nothing.

Yes, the only reason I am up so late trying to order is to try and sneak in the double VIP with the early access, aka banking on your screwing up. But really. I will take being able to order on time over this wait and see crap.

EDIT: Alright, been over 2 hours. I am going to bed. LAME!

Will probably just wake up in the morn and order it with regular VIP. Maybe cash in my points. No double dipping shenanigans for Phoney Bone!

God,+I+pity+Me..jpg

Our double VIP just finished, I ordered the Assembly Square at the last minute after much deliberation

wetwired

I have only the final bags to go in that set. There should be zero deliberation. It is so damn good.
Dem garage door windows!

I was gonna get it regardless, just wasn't in a huge hurry, I have displays to make and a 2nd firehouse sitting in it's box waiting to be turned into one larger one

Osahi

LEGO and Star Wars have a proud history BUT....

What iconic OT Star Wars scenes have not been made into LEGO sets?

-- Darth Vader's Death scene

Am I missing any?

Shouldn't Death Star Final Duel count for this one? Or do you mean the funeral scene on Endor? I don't think putting a minifig on a pyre is something Lego wold allow :p

_Rob_

Lego Racers was one of the first games I remember actually beating, and so I figured I'd combine that nostalgia with my rediscovered love of Lego to create these MOC's! (Bricklink is amazing!)

kuTAkhq.jpg

Still got a fair few to go, but the main course champions are all her along with 11 of the other opponents (I believe I'm missing 5).

wetwired

With my mosaic out of the way (I'll get some decent pics tomorrow hopefully) I can now properly start on my display this year. I was initially going to go with a LEGO Batman Movie batcave until I realized that's insane and impossible. So instead I'm just making my own batcave, with a carousel full of batvehicles like the batman movie but more inspired by the burton movie with protruding rock platforms going in a vertical manner. It's likely too ambitous and I'll need to scale back a bit but I'll give it a shot anyway.

The main feature which will likely be on the bottom will be the carousel, I did attempt to motorize it with lego but the sheer weight of it all was too much for my little lego motor, so I bought a motorized lazy susan, which has the added benefit of a light in the middle so I think I'll open up the middle and make a cool feature out of the light...somehow.

Anyway here's a gif of the size of the carousel, ideally most of it will be in inside a wall with only one vehicle really visible at a time.

ConcreteDirtyAztecant-size_restricted.gif

HD HTML3 link of the gif

Looks amazing Wetwired can't wait to see it.

Turns out I got Lego worlds for free, they reduced the price slightly this morning so I contacted Amazon and said as my copy hasn't arrived yet could they refund the difference. Was told they don't do that anymore but I could reorder and return the other one for free. Decided it wasn't worth it for £1.50 so left it then had an email to say I had a full refund.

Confused I rang up and the lady said not to worry and to keep the refund and the game.

Amazon are the best!

ghostmind

I forgot to mention this earlier, but the expensive Freemaker Adventures set releasing this summer - The Arrowhead - has an exclusive Star Wars Rebels minifig. Quarrie, the developer of the B-Wing, named after the iconic Star Wars concept artist.

RMLT9lp.jpg

0iMJtiV.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Lego Racers was one of the first games I remember actually beating, and so I figured I'd combine that nostalgia with my rediscovered love of Lego to create these MOC's! (Bricklink is amazing!)

kuTAkhq.jpg

Still got a fair few to go, but the main course champions are all her along with 11 of the other opponents (I believe I'm missing 5).

Hey I remember that game. Nice job on that, looked like it probably took awhile.

With my mosaic out of the way (I'll get some decent pics tomorrow hopefully) I can now properly start on my display this year. I was initially going to go with a LEGO Batman Movie batcave until I realized that's insane and impossible. So instead I'm just making my own batcave, with a carousel full of batvehicles like the batman movie but more inspired by the burton movie with protruding rock platforms going in a vertical manner. It's likely too ambitous and I'll need to scale back a bit but I'll give it a shot anyway.

The main feature which will likely be on the bottom will be the carousel, I did attempt to motorize it with lego but the sheer weight of it all was too much for my little lego motor, so I bought a motorized lazy susan, which has the added benefit of a light in the middle so I think I'll open up the middle and make a cool feature out of the light...somehow.

Anyway here's a gif of the size of the carousel, ideally most of it will be in inside a wall with only one vehicle really visible at a time.

ConcreteDirtyAztecant-size_restricted.gif

HD HTML3 link of the gif

So do you have an actual room designated the batcave yet?

wetwired

Amazing as always Wet.

An update on the spacemen colorway pack?

The 2 colour packs are ready to go off to the printer but I wanted to send them all together with the chromed ones to save on costs. The parts to be chromed however seem to be lost on it's way to the chroming place...in russia. So if they don't show up there by next week I'll just send what I've got to the printer

So do you have an actual room designated the batcave yet?

It just gets referred to as the "lego room" though the "lego cave" seems more appropriate

wetwired

So that's why you wanted the LEGO Batman Movie batmobile dimensions.

Maybe you could put a single second level on it in the middle, with large enough dimensions.

I'm already hitting limit on the parts I have for this, still short an 8x8 modified plate with grill and the 8x8 wedges in dark tan. I need to order a ton of parts to build the railings on either side of the platforms too :(

There's plenty more I need to build anyway, this image is my inspiration but not a 1:1 reference of what I'll be doing. So picture the carousel of vehicles at the bottom, protruding platforms above.

ReturnsCave.jpg

The batwing will either be mounted vertically up high so you can see it's silhouette or on one of the platforms, if for some miraculous reason I have enough space/parts I could buy the lego movie batmobile and put it on a protruding platform by itself, I much prefer the look of the ultimate batmobile though, when is it due out?

Hey, peeps. Got around $50 to buy a nice technical set.
Due to space, it has to be like a ship or vehicle.
Are there any Batmobiles or ships that you would recommend?

My son and I are midway through building the sith infiltrator and I really like it. There are some cool techniques used to give it a rounded shape and it has nice minifigs. I think you can find it on sale in the US for around $60.

[
Bossk and 4-LOM looking great! Dengar looks like the same one as last summer?
What set are these guys from?

Shouldn't Death Star Final Duel count for this one? Or do you mean the funeral scene on Endor? I don't think putting a minifig on a pyre is something Lego wold allow :p

I forgot about Death Star Final Duel (such an underrated set). I associate Darth Vader's death with the hanger bay on the Death Star......but I guess you can recreate that scene on UCS Death Star or with either Shuttle.

Working on the final bags of Assembly Square. Dat red part. Intentionally not saying what it is, because the discovery of what the hell I was making and how it worked was so great.
I thought it would be one thing based on the arm parts used, but didn't call that. Love it.

Ponn

Banned

I'm sure a lot of LegoGAF would recommend Republic Troop Transport for what you are asking. As far as Batman at that price range I would actually suggest the Joker Low Rider set. It uses alot of neat building techniques, actually looks pretty neat on display and the figs included are great two of which are unique.

Working on the final bags of Assembly Square. Dat red part. Intentionally not saying what it is, because the discovery of what the hell I was making and how it worked was so great.
I thought it would be one thing based on the arm parts used, but didn't call that. Love it.

That sounds awesome. I have a confession to make. It's been really rough for me to build larger sets and i've been afraid to start any that will take multiple days for awhile now. I haven't even built Parisian Restaurant yet with all the ones after that all stacked in a corner in their boxes right now. I'm gonna build Silent Mary as soon as its delivered though and if things go smoother i'm going to get around to building my modulars and getting them up on their shelf I made for them.

If you are able to find deals on The Scuttler, that is a fantastic set. Above your price range, but might be able to find on sale close to what you want.

Or other, older sets close to that after sales are Blue Power Jet or Vacation Getaways.

I will second the Joker's Lowrider recommendation. While it did not exactly live up to my personal expectations, it is still an extremely solid set.

And Ponn, the great thing about modulars is it is easy to space the time out. Just go a floor at a time. That is what is so nice.

EDIT: Oh, and the praise of The Red Part of the end of Assembly Square is nowhere near the water tower part of Detective's Office. That is something that would have been mind blowing going in cold. It is still mind blowing looking at how it worked, but I was spoiled as to how it worked before building the set.

wetwired

I will second the Joker's Lowrider recommendation.

I love my lowrider, your post made me think I should do a batman version for the carosuel as I'm a few batmobiles short, hence the camo tumbler and knight rider stand-ins, I'm also thinking the Batpod is way too small and should be replaced with something else

I love my lowrider, your post made me think I should do a batman version for the carosuel as I'm a few batmobiles short, hence the camo tumbler and knight rider stand-ins, I'm also thinking the Batpod is way too small and should be replaced with something else

You know what to do...

batboat.jpg

ghostmind

I forgot about Death Star Final Duel (such an underrated set). I associate Darth Vader's death with the hanger bay on the Death Star......but I guess you can recreate that scene on UCS Death Star or with either Shuttle.

Bossk, Dengar, 4-LOM, and IG-88 are all in one battle-pack, set 75167, releasing in June.

Osahi

Underrated is the right word. I was cold on this set (bought it to have Vader and Palpatine), until I built it. Captures the setting so well and awesome to pose figs.

Top Bottom