• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Underrated is the right word. I was cold on this set (bought it to have Vader and Palpatine), until I built it. Captures the setting so well and awesome to pose figs.

I think if it had a collapsable catwalk (to capture the scene where Luke is hiding and Vader says "Sister") it would have push it into one of the best SW sets ever. (IMO, anyway)

Going back to my original post, I am truly shocked TLG have not made an "I am your, Father" set. The IDEAS project won't be approved, of course, but I'm sure an official set depicting the scene will pop-up within the next two years.

Osahi

I think if it had a collapsable catwalk (to capture the scene where Luke is hiding and Vader says "Sister") it would have push it into one of the best SW sets ever. (IMO, anyway)

Going back to my original post, I am truly shocked TLG have not made an "I am your, Father" set. The IDEAS project won't be approved, of course, but I'm sure an official set depicting the scene will pop-up within the next two years.

It does have a collapsing sidewalk of sorts. (not the best picture, but you can knock out the suport beam of one of the platforms)

dsc00119-cropped-and-colour-balanced.jpg

Eh sidewalk or not, imo Death Star final duel is just a rehash of the Death star throne room vignette already included there, so if you have the DS there's not much need for this i guess... Not sure about the figs though

That mosaic is fantastic! How many baseplates does it take for a convincing picture? I'm assuming that a single 48x48 makes the pictures too low-res?

It does have a collapsing sidewalk of sorts. (not the best picture, but you can knock out the suport beam of one of the platforms)
I can't beIieve I missed that!
Eh sidewalk or not, imo Death Star final duel is just a rehash of the Death star throne room vignette already included there, so if you have the DS there's not much need for this i guess... Not sure about the figs though
The DS throne room is on a much smaller scale. Truth be told, the representation of the throne room in the Death Star set lacks many details.

Koren

Our double VIP just finished, I ordered the Assembly Square at the last minute after much deliberation
Assembly Square is nothing short of great. I think it replaced the Parisian Restaurant for me as top modular (not the same surprise, and a couple blander parts, but it's full of nice things, especially microbuilds).

I bought a GBHQ for 2xVIP, even if I've already spent too much this month (mostly three Nintendo consoles, a Switch, a NES mini I finally found, and... a spare Wii U, the prices don't go down, and I probably won't find a better deal than 260€ new)

But it's annoying, I think that's you that made me consider buying a second one for parts... and I can't get rid of this idea :/

Weevilone

Anyone else collecting the Lego Batman minifigs?

My family is trying to piece together a set but we're into duplicate and triplicates pretty quickly.

My family is trying to piece together a set but we're into duplicate and triplicates pretty quickly.

It's a time versus money thing. If you want to avoid duplicates you have two options. Learn to feel the bags to figure out what's in them or buy them online via Bricklink. Sometimes the price on Bricklink is slightly cheaper that MSRP for the less popular minifigs. The other option is just try random luck at the store, but that will get pretty expensive very fast. There are a lot of gropers out there that will feel the bags and get the more desirable minifigs. If you're lucky, you don't end up with a box full of "leftovers".
I'm guessing some of the triplicates are Joker, Commisioner Gordon, or Barbara Gordon.

wetwired

Assembly Square is nothing short of great. I think it replaced the Parisian Restaurant for me as top modular (not the same surprise, and a couple blander parts, but it's full of nice things, especially microbuilds).

I bought a GBHQ for 2xVIP, even if I've already spent too much this month (mostly three Nintendo consoles, a Switch, a NES mini I finally found, and... a spare Wii U, the prices don't go down, and I probably won't find a better deal than 260€ new)

But it's annoying, I think that's you that made me consider buying a second one for parts... and I can't get rid of this idea :/

gotta make it bigger to fit the ectomobile :)

Weevilone

It's a time versus money thing. If you want to avoid duplicates you have two options. Learn to feel the bags to figure out what's in them or buy them online via Bricklink. Sometimes the price on Bricklink is slightly cheaper that MSRP for the less popular minifigs. The other option is just try random luck at the store, but that will get pretty expensive very fast. There are a lot of gropers out there that will feel the bags and get the more desirable minifigs. If you're lucky, you don't end up with a box full of "leftovers".
I'm guessing some of the triplicates are Joker, Commisioner Gordon, or Barbara Gordon.

Actually I don't have any of those.. I'll list them tomorrow.. the kids were playing with them today.. making a stand or something.

I know I have 3 caveman Batman. We just ordered a bunch of packs from the Lego store so no feeling them up or getting ones picked over.

I was in deep with the Collectible Minifigs and needed to stop. I think I have a full set of the first 13 or 14 lines barring the Olympic ones. After being "clean" for a while the Batman line pulled me right back in.

If you have a minute or two, try feeling the bags like Bentbricks said. Ignore the plate, legs, head & torso. If there is a giant piece it's pretty easy to compare it to the images on the side of the box; same thing goes for small pieces. You never know, you may pick it up quickly.

Edit: Just saw your response - if you're ordering them online then you take what you get and live with all those club pieces & brown cowls!

wetwired

I was in deep with the Collectible Minifigs and needed to stop. I think I have a full set of the first 13 or 14 lines barring the Olympic ones. After being "clean" for a while the Batman line pulled me right back in.

If you have a minute or two, try feeling the bags like Bentbricks said. Ignore the plate, legs, head & torso. If there is a giant piece it's pretty easy to compare it to the images on the side of the box; same thing goes for small pieces. You never know, you may pick it up quickly.

Edit: Just saw your response - if you're ordering them online then you take what you get and live with all those club pieces & brown cowls!

I got into them with series 1 when they came out, I skipped the german soccer team and sold off my olympics set. Tempted to stick with the main series from now on, though simpsons, disney, TLM and TLBM have all been great, it's getting a bit out of hand now, I'm literally running out of wall space to hang them

Koren

Yeah it's all good. I thought maybe some ppl might want to trade but y'all are cheaters!
At 4€ the blind pack, I wouldn't call feeling the bag cheating...

gotta make it bigger to fit the ectomobile :)
You know, you're partly responsible for all this. IIRC, Artoo and the Ectomobile are two of the sets that brought me back into Lego :/

I'm fine if the Ecto don't exactly fit, though, a larger HQ wouldn't fit at all with modulars, it's already pretty large for that.

wetwired

At 4€ the blind pack, I wouldn't call feeling the bag cheating...

You know, you're partly responsible for all this. IIRC, Artoo and the Ectomobile are two of the sets that brought me back into Lego :/

I'm fine if the Ecto don't exactly fit, though, a larger HQ wouldn't fit at all with modulars, it's already pretty large for that.

Yeah it would, the foot print I will be using (which is what my original one was) is the same as the official set. 32 wide. It just doesn't have footpaths on either side. (and it's 2x 32 deep)

Koren

Yeah it would, the foot print I will be using (which is what my original one was) is the same as the official set. 32 wide. It just doesn't have footpaths on either side. (and it's 2x 32 deep)
It's only a matter of length, though?

I wouldn't like to widen it or making it taller, because it would dwarf other modulars (granted, modular scale is off, unless you buy four of each to improve them... and still, I've yet to see a really convincing bigger PR, for example)

But after checking, the real building seems indeed longer than Lego's (with respect to width/height), so I can see myself adding 16 studs in length (it's 32x48, no?). I guess it should be sufficient for the Ecto?

(And, well, the Ecto is really really nice, but I don't think it's at the modular scale... that's kinda part of the problem. I wouldn't want it different, though)

Edit: Hey, I wanted arguments AGAINST buying two... not convincing arguments FOR...

Koren

Wanting arguments against buying more? You came to the wrong place. :)
Yes, I know... But you can always hope...

If only I never found this thread on the Eurobricks forum... (I was on GAF for more than 10 years I think before finding LegoGAF).

Well, who am I kidding, I love this thread and people here :/ I just wish I had more money.

Ponn

Banned
Yes, I know... But you can always hope...

If only I never found this thread on the Eurobricks forum... (I was on GAF for more than 10 years I think before finding LegoGAF).

Well, who am I kidding, I love this thread and people here :/ I just wish I had more money.

Shifting of priorities. Do you need to eat? Can't you build a cozy shack out of all your Lego boxes? Do you need two kidney's?

just in case it wasn't obvious don't sell your kidney

Norfair

Shifting of priorities. Do you need to eat? Can't you build a cozy shack out of all your Lego boxes? Do you need two kidney's?

just in case it wasn't obvious don't sell your kidney

Also don't move into a shack made of lego boxes. That would totally ruin their resale value.

wetwired

It's only a matter of length, though?

I wouldn't like to widen it or making it taller, because it would dwarf other modulars (granted, modular scale is off, unless you buy four of each to improve them... and still, I've yet to see a really convincing bigger PR, for example)

But after checking, the real building seems indeed longer than Lego's (with respect to width/height), so I can see myself adding 16 studs in length (it's 32x48, no?). I guess it should be sufficient for the Ecto?

(And, well, the Ecto is really really nice, but I don't think it's at the modular scale... that's kinda part of the problem. I wouldn't want it different, though)

Edit: Hey, I wanted arguments AGAINST buying two... not convincing arguments FOR...

Tell me about it, I already have two 66 batcaves and they're currently $100 off at my local target...how big of a cave could I make with 3...

Ponn

Banned
Lego, don't ever release a VIP set on a Friday again. I have to sit here all weekend long watching the damn status In Warehouse till next week.

Vyer

we've got a few, but there's only a couple i really want that i haven't got yet. blind bag feelin hasn't gone well lol

still on the lookout for glam bats, vacation bats and red hood. we have caveman bats, catman, fairy bats, gordon, tut and whale dude. only have multiples of caveman and catman so far.

We have like 2/3rds of a box of Batman CMF at work again, so if any US folks want me to hunt some stuff down, I can feel out bags for you to trade. Just let me know on here what you want and I will try and snag them tomorrow.

kaiju

That IDEAS one is pretty neat. Speaking of Vader, looking forward to the DV transformation set coming out soon:

Vyer

how much is that transformation set retail for?

We have like 2/3rds of a box of Batman CMF at work again, so if any US folks want me to hunt some stuff down, I can feel out bags for you to trade. Just let me know on here what you want and I will try and snag them tomorrow.

don't know what i have to trade, but if you happen to find those three i listed (glam, vacation, red hood) let me know what you'd need we'd love to pick them up

how much is that transformation set retail for?

don't know what i have to trade, but if you happen to find those three i listed (glam, vacation, red hood) let me know what you'd need we'd love to pick them up

I will look. Know we have several Red Hood and Glam Metal. Vacation Batman is the rubber duckie one right? Should have a few left. Been helping kids find the figures they want and have a decent idea of what is there.

wetwired

While on the topic of Australia, my local Event cinemas has Cinebuzz screenings of the lego batman movie this weekend, one on Sat and one on Sun. I can't make it Saturday but I've booked in for 11am Sunday! hooray! 2 months after the rest of the world :(

$24.99

Looks like it has a similar mechanic to the Carbon Freezing Chamber set. Anakin on one side, Vader on the other.

Bricktoynews pics:

Oh, dat two piece Vader helmet! Can make a good recreation of his death with that.

While on the topic of Australia, my local Event cinemas has Cinebuzz screenings of the lego batman movie this weekend, one on Sat and one on Sun. I can't make it Saturday but I've booked in for 11am Sunday! hooray! 2 months after the rest of the world :(

I...still need to see it. Just haven't had a chance to. I have vacation this weekend. Might hit a matinee while my wife is working.

Top Bottom