• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

ghostmind

So everyone was able to just link the WW pics and suddenly they are directly posted.
:(

Sorry, but it's not going to work if we have to start censoring every upcoming licensed set.

LEGO tends to reveal things about upcoming movies with their sets, and if they publicly reveal a set, it's not going to just be shown here - it's everywhere.

Thinking to buy the architecture London skyline set for a tiny Big Ben to go with my modded architecture Big Ben and maybe the big one too. What else is available in three scales in Lego?
At least for Architecture, I know the Sydney Opera House is too. The gigantic one, the small Architecture one, and the tiny Sydney skyline one. Basically the same format as Big Ben.

The Milano is about to have 3 different sizes with the original, the slightly smaller new one, and the tiny micro one that you can get in May. Antman is technically in 3 sizes too (brick built Giant Man, regular minifig, and Micro-fig (or whatever those are called).

And if you count Star Wars I'm sure there are a ton of multiple sized sets, the Millennium Falcon probably having the most.

Markus

Saw this pop up on my FB feed, thought it was a really neat idea.

https://www.simplemost.com/check-impressive-super-mario-themed-lego-aquarium/?utm_campaign=shrd&utm_medium=partner&utm_source=facebook&partner=shrd

261-750x500.png

Ponn

Banned
Kinda hoping someone does some moc's combining Speed Champions with some of those Car's features.

I was looking at S@H thinking about an order to get that VW polybag and the Friends set. I'm just not hot on anything right now and there hasn't been any new interesting sets. Think I may skip that freebie. A couple Star Wars sets I need but saving them for the May 4th promo and might need to do another for the free mini milano.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I gave in and bought the unspeakable brand...

Amazon and Best Buy have it on sale for $100.

Can already tell the bricks are cheaper, however....

Printed bricks. Just saying....

Well, I'm done. I have built the Mega Bloks way...

The Mega Bloks way SUCKS.

I like the final product. It's HUGE. You can see my Doctor Who minifig up on the saucer for a minifig scale.

sXPeAuU.jpg

The build was so boring. For all the things they copy from LEGO, one thing they don't copy is technic pieces. Where a Star Wars UCS build has a technic structure inside, this build is nothing but normal bricks inside. There's no creativity to the build, and for the panel pieces on the nacelles, and Secondary Hull, having all the studs showing on the primary hull is just a bit of a visual off.

Can only dream of the creativity the LEGO team would have put into this that would have been much more fun to build.

Worth it for the $100 sale price, and for a display piece. But there was little fun to be had in the build.

Well, I'm done. I have built the Mega Bloks way...

The Mega Bloks way SUCKS.

I like the final product. It's HUGE. You can see my Doctor Who minifig up on the saucer for a minifig scale.

sXPeAuU.jpg

The build was so boring. For all the things they copy from LEGO, one thing they don't copy is technic pieces. Where a Star Wars UCS build has a technic structure inside, this build is nothing but normal bricks inside. There's no creativity to the build, and for the panel pieces on the nacelles, and Secondary Hull, having all the studs showing on the primary hull is just a bit of a visual off.

Can only dream of the creativity the LEGO team would have put into this that would have been much more fun to build.

Worth it for the $100 sale price, and for a display piece. But there was little fun to be had in the build.
Looks good. And thanks for saving me $100. I was tempted a bit.

I finally pulled the trigger on the UCS Star Destroyer.
The offer i got was just too good to pass.
Now it's time to sell some other sets to make room and some money.

I finally pulled the trigger on the UCS Star Destroyer.
The offer i got was just too good to pass.
Now it's time to sell some other sets to make room and some money.

You can list them here and in the BST thread. There's also a lego marketplace thread that could use a bump.

ghostmind

Series 17 available May 1st

P0Ki5ck.jpg

Battle Dwarf, the Veterinarian, the Circus Strong Man, the Corn Cob Guy, the Elf Girl, the Hot Dog Man, the Gourmet Chef, "Mystery Minifigure", the Connoisseur, the Rocket Boy, the Retro Spaceman, the Roman Gladiator, the Professional Surfer, the Dance Instructor, the Butterfly Girl and the Yuppie

GGhBwJh.jpg

I don't know what the big deal is regarding the Mystery Figure. General consensus is that it is a Highwayman.

xqzuYb0.jpg

Osahi

I was hoping the fact that they made a video to celebrate also meant they'd release something. "Look at all this cool stuff... you can buy for $500 on eBay."

Yeah, would've loved an anouncement like 'we will rerelease every modular that went oop in your dark ages, Osahi", but nada.

Ponn

Banned
Ugh, they need to do better job of spacing out new sets and releases instead of doing mass dumpings in single months. If new Creator sets or these CMF's would have been available this month I would have made an order. Now there's a shit load of stuff coming on May 1st.

Hopefully this means the Batman figs start getting reduced to clear all over the place soon. I've been waiting for them to drop below £3 for ages because £60 for a set of minifigs is way beyond what I'm prepared to pay!

Does that Enterprise actually have lightbricks that STAY on?

Also: looking slick there for Series 17, especially love Baguette french guy and Tony Montana...

Ponn

Banned
Hopefully this means the Batman figs start getting reduced to clear all over the place soon. I've been waiting for them to drop below £3 for ages because £60 for a set of minifigs is way beyond what I'm prepared to pay!

That's a dangerous game you're playing. As long as you don't mind not getting them at all its ok I guess but ducky float Batman makes that really hard.

Does that Enterprise actually have lightbricks that STAY on?

I've seen videos of it. It does have light bricks in both that you tap and they come on for a short period then automatically turn off.

Is the mystery figure some sort of Revolutionary War Dueler?

Looks like Lego is trying to cash in on Hamilton making a figure that would resemble a duelist from that era.

Unless that shadow is a random placeholder.

Is the mystery figure some sort of Revolutionary War Dueler?

Looks like Lego is trying to cash in on Hamilton making a figure that would resemble a duelist from that era.

Unless that shadow is a random placeholder.

wow that would be really hype. i'd assume they'd be yellow though, so i'd have to dig me up a couple minifig heads for leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I thought they were £2.50?

Im worried now because if they've been £3 all along ive definitely spent a lot more money than what I meant to!

My second push to get you guys to play Lego Worlds:

It has sets and figures from years ago like the original Agents and the second run of Adventurers. It has alot of the older set animals like the elephant n ostrich too.

Still finding more... Mostly Minifigures Series characters but finding all sorts.

It has sets and figures from years ago like the original Agents and the second run of Adventurers. It has alot of the older set animals like the elephant n ostrich too.

Still finding more... Mostly Minifigures Series characters but finding all sorts.

That video showing modulars in Lego World made me a bit interested, but the game is so ugly. Recent Lego games have had much better lighting.

Osahi

I have a copy, but I don't have the time to play at the moment :(

wetwired

I bought it when it came out via early access, played an hour or so. Haven't touched it since, got real lego to make

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Heads up, Target seems to be doing a 20% off all Super Hero, Batman, and Minecraft (I think) sale right now. I just picked up like 6 Superhero sets that I didn't have yet.

Koren

Ahhh why is Assembly Square more expensive than the other modulars :(
Well, at least, It's great on its own. I think DO, BB and PS are better when you mod them using two sets (having an inside and wanting two buildings in one), which is more expensive than a single AS.

Prototype Green Grocer and Market Street is love.
Indeed...

So it really IS as small as i feared it was...
I'm late, but I still thing it's too large. It's a tiny ship, so that means you can't put near any other unless you don't mind vastly different scales...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Tiny VW Beetle is v.cute. Not a fan of the big one but tempted to get it just to have the pair of them

Have they ever done a mini mini?

Top Bottom