• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Celebrate Resident Evil 6s 5th Anniversary & talk about the future of Action RE

Would much rather Resident Evil aas a survival horror game. Thats where it all started. I like 5 but only as a coop game to play with friends. Thank goodness we got RE7. A fantastic game.

Jawmuncher

Would much rather Resident Evil aas a survival horror game. Thats where it all started. I like 5 but only as a coop game to play with friends. Thank goodness we got RE7. A fantastic game.

Now I know that this won't work here since i'll be blasted with "Well X RE game is shit".
But for me personally I don't really think series legacy to a point is that important if the game is good and if it fits the lore of the series. It's also why I didn't mind stuff like a lot of the western Silent Hill titles or the upcoming Metal Gear Survive. I think being so committed to the genre a series has can be a problem.

Though I understand the reasoning. Especially when said series pretends the original genre doesn't even exist. Since there should be more of a sort of back and forth to cater to the old guard sometimes.

levyjl1988

Banned
Man I loved Resident Evil 6 despite what the criticisms say.
Could not get into RE7. Played the demo on PS VR and felt nauseas looking for stuff. Didn't even buy RE7.

My dream for the RE franchise would be slow-paced single player horror games, and then standalone multiplayer action games with Mercenaries and Raid modes.
Why they haven’t further pursued this route is anyone’s guess oh wait it’s fucking Capcom.

Hell, single player Action RE with bots would be better than the shite hybrids they keep releasing.

KyleCross

RE6 being hated and RE7 being loved will probably always be on the top of my "I don't understand why people are wrong" list.

Raonak

Banned
Played RE4 and RE5 and realised I by far prefer the style the PSX games and Code Veronica were going for.

RE7 feels a lot like the PS1 games. So I hope they continue this direction.

They should just spin off the action games into it's own branch.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I hope for more Resident Evil third person shooters, but not ones that use RE6 as a starting point.

Bishop89

b2b7a408371489030941508586e81c272afbe120_hq.gif

Ada was a treat.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
man, this topic made me realize that it's been awhile since I've felt completely satisfied by a RE game.
Since...RE4, actually.
After that only the boat segments of Revelations scratched my RE hitch properly so far

mao2

man, this topic made me realize that it's been awhile since I've felt completely satisfied by a RE game.
Since...RE4, actually.
After that only the boat segments of Revelations scratched my RE hitch properly so far
Go play RE5 co-op with a friend. It's awesome.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Go play RE5 co-op with a friend. It's awesome.

that's not my RE
I've bought and played every game, and I've actually played 5 with a friend.
good coop experience, fun and entertaining, but not my "cup of tea", when I approach a game called RE.
I'm not saying that RE5, 6 or 7 are bad games, just that they weren't "my" RE experience.

Top Bottom