• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's cut the ******** What's your Top 3 choices for Next-Gen now?

Aryuken

Banned
PRe e3

-Xbox 360 / Ps3
-Wii

Now

- Xbox 360
- Wii
- Ps3

Ps3 does nothing for me, the only game that pushes me is MGS4, but that alone won't cut it. Wii just looks fun.

luxsol

pre-E3 i had made up my mind that I'd buy both PS3 and Wii at launch. I was waiting on Shadowrun for Xbox 360 to decide whether to get it or not.

Now it's...
1. Wii - even more now

2. Xbox 360 - after a price drop or two (for Gears of War)

3. PS3 - five years from now when it's at a reasonable price level =(

Triumph

Banned
Pre-conference:

1. Enjoying Oblivion on my 360
2. Planning on getting a PS3 close to launch
3. Not planning on getting a Wii at all

Post-conference

1. Excited about the quality software coming for my 360
2. Not getting a PS3 until the non-tard pack hits the $300-400 area
3. Still not ever getting a Wii

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Next gen sux0rs.

I'm getting a DSLite and Mario. I'm going to play all the last gen shit I didn't give enough time to. I have a stack of games that were real cheap.

xbox360 - I already own you. Glad you didn't make asses of yourselves. You have a lot of decent games, I want to play, even the ugly Shadow Run. But somewhere, deep down, I kind of feel like what was really good on Xbox won't be here. I can't put my finger on it. Also, I hate the backwards compatability issue. Sorry.

Wii - I'm sort of riding high on Nintendo games right now but your conference did nothing to show innovation or any real reason to believe that you will capture non-gamers. Mostly I'm ok with that if I can play Nintendo games and you are cheap. Being the value machine could be a real virtue. Just be what the GC so clearly wasn't. But the Revmote looks totally predictable and superfulous so far. I'm kind of shocked by that.

PS3 - You are sort of running and screaming into the worst dimension of new gaming. Too expensive with useless features and boring looking games. Heavenly Sword looks like boring shit. Stop showing so many CG movies. You have the worst fans so it's sort of funny to see you fail on GAF, but on the other hand I was pretty sure just owning this would be enough next gen. Looks sort of pathetic now. In a couple years, this will probably be worth buying. The PS2 was shit for a while too.

PSP - What the fuck happened here? PS - Get some decent rpg's already.

I've never bought a console at launch (almost the 360) and I kind of see why that was wise lately. Stupid gaming forums :(

edit: I just watched the ShadowRun video. :(

pre E3:

PS3
Wii

post E3:

PS3
PC
Wii

Wii became less appealing now that PS3 has a tilt sensor. And I dont like the Wii games where you have to stand up.
360 became less appealing since almost all of the games are on the PC. One console FTW!

Yamauchi

Banned
I'm a Nintendo fan, but I would never rely on their consoles to provide for all my gaming needs. However, this was a good E3 despite what people say. Mario, Zelda, original Sonic, etc. So, I'm saying:

Wii
PS3

And don't get me wrong. The PS3 is awesome, but I'm also poor.

Triumph said:
Pre-conference:

1. Enjoying Oblivion on my 360
2. Planning on getting a PS3 close to launch
3. Not planning on getting a Wii at all

Post-conference

1. Excited about the quality software coming for my 360
2. Not getting a PS3 until the non-tard pack hits the $300-400 area
3. Still not ever getting a Wii

Mirrors me almost exactly except I was willing to wait until GTA:IV for PS3 since I assumed it was a time exclusive. Now w/ the price so stupidly high and GTA being on 360 on day 1, it's going to be a long wait for PS3 (definitely $300 or below for non-gimp pack).

AniHawk

Wii will probably get the most support from me for a while (kinda like the Dreamcast/Gamecube combo did for about 1 year and a half. Boy did I bet on the wrong horses). There's a lot of cool shit coming out that I'm genuinely looking forward to playing that I think looks fun (Sonic Wii, Mario, Monkey Ball, Trauma Center, and so on). I do have to agree with the sentiments that it is a bit disappointing they never showed off any new "nongame" stuff. Maybe it'll all be a sleeper hit like Brain Age or something.

360 will definitely get my money now, but $400 is way too fucking expensive for a video game console, and $60 for games is still fucking retarded. However, I will prolly pick it up if MS gets aggressive and drops the price to $300. I'd love to play Mass Effect, Oblivion, and a couple others (KOTOR 3?)

PS3 will not get my money for a longass time. Sony shot themselves in the foot. I don't care how pretty FFXIII or MGS4 are (and damn are they pretty), there's no way I'm paying $600 (or even $500!) for a video game console. What the FUCK.

And on the handheld front, it looks like I'll need a DS Lite soon. So many awesome games in the next year. Yoshi's Island 2 baby!

Somewhat moot ranking them, as I'll ultimately end up with all in the gaming long run, but anyway.

Revolution
PS3

I had expected more of a fight from PS3 for my interest over 360, but instead Nintendo has bounced up there. 360 of its own accord has my most interest, while the Revolution and especially PS3 are getting extra bonus points for presumed excellent backwards compatibility.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Pre E3 Conf.:

- curious about Wii but would NEVER buy it
- PS3 @ launch

Post E3 Conf.

- just might buy a Wii at laucnh instead
- PS3 next holiday

Probably do what I did the last 2 gens. Get the Nintendo system first and wait 2-3 years to get the Sony one. Microsoft could've had me with the lower price, but E3 didn't reveal any must have games (1st or 3rd party) and I'm not paying $50 a year to play online.

Krowley

Before E3

1.Nintendo
2.sony
3.microsoft

I knew i was gonna want one of the more expensive consoles. Microsoft and sony were very close, but i was figuring ps3 would have slightly better graphics and better overall support. I was expecting some real megaton software announcements from sony. Nintendo was a no brainer due to improved FPS control, and nintendo franchises that I love.

After the conferences

1. Nintendo.
2. Microsoft
3. Sony

sony's price just killed any interest in the system for me, despite the FF announcement, and most of the software was unnapealing. Microsoft was Excellent, and they surprised me with the gears of war footage. I was never interested in that game before, but now it's a must purchase. I also liked the looks of the rare game they demoed. That's a very unique little game. Nintendo totally lived up to my expectations, and showed all my favorite franchises, which is the main key. Plus red steel and a few other third party games looked great.

Beowolf

Banned
1. PS3
2. Wii
3. 360

The price of the PS3 never surprise me. People are just being bitches about the price. And now it is popular to hate the PS3. Nothing shown for the 360 impressed me. I love Heavenly Sword, MGS4 and tons of Wii stuff.

X360 and DS.

Perhaps a Wii for party games or gaming with gf, but it depends on the price. Virtual console is intresting too, but too few details are out.

reaver18

1. 360 - Own one and am excited about the games
2. DS Lite - Want it badly
3. Wii - Might pick one up if it's cheap enough
4. PS3 - I really don't want it at all anymore

mashoutposse

Ante Up
1) PS3
2) 360
3) Wii

PS3 has the games and tech I'm looking for out of next gen. As far as price is concerned, I am most worried about its larger effect on the platform -- will it retain its huge 3rd party support like its predecessors?

360 is coming into its own, with some nice 2nd generation content on the way.

Wii had a nice showing, but it's third by default. The graphics are terrible; it's going to be harder to live with current gen visuals than expected.

genjiZERO

before e3
1. PS3 (JP, EU, NA)
2. Wii (JP), 360 (EU, US)
3. Wii (EU, US), 360 (JP)

now.....
same thing. For everyone who bitches about PS3 being arse-expensive. It still has Final Fantasy, MGS and VF. Need I say more?

Jiggy

Pre-conference:
1) DS/DS Lite
2) Wii
3) PS3
4) PSP
5) X-Box 360

Post-conference:
1) DS/DS Lite
2) Wii
3) X-Box 360
4) PS2
5) GBA SP
6) GBA Micro
7) GBA original
8) PSP
9) PS3

Don't get me wrong, just because the X-Box 360 moved up to third place doesn't mean I'd ever buy one. $400 system, $60 games = no-go. But by default it's better than Sony and their price-gouging selves.
Hence why DS owns all. System + 15.66 utterly awesome games for the price of a PS3 alone. :eek:

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Pre-E3:

1. Wii
-
-
2. PS3
-
3. X360 (already got one in our flat)
-
-
-
4. DSL

Post conference

1. DSL
-
-
-
2. X360
3. Wii

PS3 is a no go.

Odysseus

Banned
My pre- and mid-E3 picks for market dominance haven't changed.

1) PS3
2) Xbox 360
3) Wii

I'll believe the fall of the Sony empire when I see it.

1. PSP
2. PC
3. 360

The DS is starting to get a few games I care about, sadly, and the touchscreen inanity seems to have been relegated to the fringe development status crappy gimmicks deserve. As long as the 2D content keeps coming, I suppose I can deal.

The PS3 has some content I'm interested in, but I don't buy $600 consoles on principle. Adding gyros to it was insult to injury.

I refuse to believe that any sane gamer who appreciates the hobby will buy a "Wii".

Insertia

1.PS3
2.Xbox 360
. Wii

I'll probablypick up a 360 before PS3 due to the price, but if E3 is anything to go by, PS3 has the best looking games and most exciting system out of the bunch.

Overseer

1. Wii
2. Xbox 360
3. PS3

Nintendo's conference relieved alot of the worries I had about the Wii. And Xbox 360 has oblivion and halo 3. PS3 price just plain out sucks ass. Sony, get back to me in 3-4 years, please.

Stink

1) PS3
2) Xbox 360
3) Wii

Although until 2008ish 360 will probably be the only one in the house.

Wii looked even less convincing in reality (controller issues, unimaginative games, how the hell do you turn in fps?) than I first thought it would be.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Pre TGS 2005:
PS3
Wii

Pre E3 06:
Wii
PS3

Post E3 06, after press conferences and playing the systems:
Wii
PS3

Wii's controller still needs a bit of work with the sensitivity and all, I am not entirely convinced, though the graphics in some games were much less disappointing than I was expecting (Sonic, Zelda and Mario looked rather nice). Brawl is my most wanted game right now, even more than Silmeria. I wanna make sweet love to the classic controller. I'm really upset about the price of the PS3, but it's gonna have FF13, MGS4 and other games. X360's lineup is unfortunately too Western oriented for me... I can't fault MS for giving it their best shot, but without securing good exclusive Japanese games they won't win me over.

I don't get what Bebpo's talking about with the "doom and gloom for the Japanese games industry" if the Wii wins and PS3 fails. Although a future dominated by Western titles is a frightening prospect...

Sony has some franchise that I don't want to miss.

But these franchise are not Heavenly Swords or Motorsport that may look "nice" because Sony showed us few thing to choose in between.

So I'll go 360 and Wii 'till Sony won't give me MGS4, FF13, KILLZONE2, etc...
...and, for that day, probably I will buy a PS3 cheaper.

Top Bottom