• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's discuss the Super Mario Odyssey main theme!

klier

The Mario trailer is on par with that last epic BOTW trailer, which means 10/10

Music was extremely good too. 9/10.

Piers

I think that's specifically what Paulina sings when you find her musicians. The main theme is still the first trailer.

megalowho

I don't think the singing is growing on me for the trailer music but every other theme I've heard from the game has been fantastic.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was great, very light-hearted and fun. Thanks for posting the lyrics!

Can't watch the video right now, is this a longer version than the one in the trailer? I seem to remember the song ending a bit after the "odyssey" part.

Pauline is supposed to be singing this at Peach and Mario's wedding?

Mario made his ex sing at his wedding?

The absolute madman.

Love the song though.

TheJoRu

Steam Gardens is the most non-Mario sounding track I've ever heard in a Mario game, and it's absolutely phenomenal.

The vocal main theme is also great, it's exactly the crazy and unexpected stuff I want from Nintendo.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I love it. Nintendo's composers have been on a roll since the Wii U!

But since it's cooler and edgier to say it sucks, I'm gonna say it's the worst thing ever. How could they do this to me?

But some people have laptops

Think of it as the Gotham City in Batman: The Animated Series. Art Deco mixed with 1930's blimps but late 20th Century technology. NDC is a mish-mash of themes, though it can't be placed in a particular time period.

Razmos

Someone asked about Donkey Kong during the Treehouse gameplay and Ninty wouldn't say anything. Maybe dude's orchestrating the whole thing?
I can see Donkey Kong being controlled by Bowser. You can free him from his control and then use the hat possession power to take control of Donkey Kong

Zetta

Pauline is best girl now right?.....I'm so excited to play this, this is the title for me that is the system seller.

I'm really surprised by the amount of love for it. I absolutely hate it. Man, 100% cringe all the way through. I'm really hoping it's not the main theme.

The game looks hotter than ever though, I hope I can actually find a switch by October.

Kureransu

It's nice, it's interesting to see Nintendo stick with the Big Band/Swing them for mario. I was nice call back to mario 64 when I heard the music in 3d world. I think Big band/Swing really works with mario.

There are overlays of Mario 64 and 3d world tracks to hear just how similar they are. Let me see if i can find one..

Found one!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zigT-tNBXw

EDIT:

It actually has a very varied sound track, I really like it the intro gives a galaxy vibe to it as well. This is going to be soo good.

Razmos

If the game ends with a shock ending with Mario saying "I-a Do!" Just as Bowser is about to seal the deal and causing Mario and Peach to be married I will literally scream

Pachael

Reminds me of the Katamari Damacy soundtrack, jazzy, self-referential, joyous' and spot-fucking-on tone for the game.

This is exactly what I was thinking when the music started, Katamari on the Swing specifically

La-la,lalalala-la Katamari Damacy~

The Boat

Love, love, love it. It's so rare to hear a good videogame track with vocals, when she started singing I was expecting the worst. Phenomenal track, gives me the goosebumps together with trailer honestly.

Top Bottom