• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grakl

I don't actually believe that gay people are always thirsty, but I do believe that they are more so than straight people, especially because there are less gays floating around

Yall just always seem thirsty lul

He has a nice beard, a strong jawline, he's in shape, very muscled, he's bald, he has light brown eyes. In other words he's hot and I know plenty more lol, don't ask how, it's not sexual in any manner.
i see

gifs_19.gif

edit: wow at that generalization grakl

do you ever see me thirsting? i don't think so

berzeli

Banned

HHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!

Google says Aidan Turner.

Whoa, he played Kili (the beardless Dwarf) in The Hobbit. Also, supposedly he's 32, which means gay death must be a filthy lie.

It is indeed Aidan Turner, that gif is from the show Poldark and the reactions that scene caused were hilarious. He also "played" a vampire on the original version of Being Human, he hasn't visibly aged since really...

Monocle

It is indeed Aidan Turner, that gif is from the show Poldark and the reactions that scene caused were hilarious. He also "played" a vampire on the original version of Being Human, he hasn't visibly aged since really...
He needs to be shirtless in every episode. I want nothing less than Teen Wolf's level of male fanservice.

Akara

Banned
Awesome! Yeah, I've been meaning to check Bloodborne out ever since I played it at a friend's house. It's really addictive. Just gotta wait until I'm not broke.

Whats Dragon Quest Heroes about? And why are you bored with it?

Yup, I'm a huge movie person. I see movies pretty much all the time. So the movie theater is the perfect fit I guess lol.

Do you mind adding me on FB? I find it easier to communicate via messenger there and I don't want to clutter up the thread lol.
If not, we can always just PM each other. :D
I don't use facebook unfortunately :( but ADD MEH ON HUR :D

i see

gifs_19.gif

edit: wow at that generalization grakl

do you ever see me thirsting? i don't think so

rofl your gif game is on point.

And wow grakl that's a silly generalization. If you clumped the general gay population together, they really aren't as thirsty as you think

Akara

Banned
Duh

Ur silly, gays have to be more thirsty because there are so few

OBJECTION YOUR HONOR,

There is nothing wrong with being thirsty, but the stereotyping of the gay community as being more "thirsty" is absurd and INCORRECT! We are just as thirsty as everyone else, straight men, straight women, lesbians, ETC. I've met more thirsty straight guys then gay men. And gay men are everywhere ;), you just have to not look too hard. Thank you.

-steps off soap box-

berzeli

Banned
Regarding the entire debate around thirst;

I think "all gay men are thirsty" is a largely incorrect stereotype, the origins of which are incredibly easy to understand. Surprisingly much of the (male) gay liberation movement has been about breaking the stigma of male-male sex, so since the publicly visible movement deals with the topic of sex, sex becomes a thing associated with being gay (and male).

I also don't think this thread is thirstier than any other as such, just take a look at threads whenever a reasonably attractive woman pops up during a football game, or since we're on gaf, look at the reaction in the crowd when Jade Raymond walked out on stage. The larger (male) gay community is not worse horndogs than others, sex and gayness is just in the public consciousness in a more explicit way.

Akara

Banned

I think "all gay men are thirsty" is a largely incorrect stereotype, the origins of which are incredibly easy to understand. Surprisingly much of the (male) gay liberation movement has been about breaking the stigma of male-male sex, so since the publicly visible movement deals with the topic of sex, sex becomes a thing associated with being gay (and male).

I also don't think this thread is thirstier than any other as such, just take a look at threads whenever a reasonably attractive woman pops up during a football game, or since we're on gaf, look at the reaction in the crowd when Jade Raymond walked out on stage. The larger (male) gay community is not worse horndogs than others, sex and gayness is just in the public consciousness in a more explicit way.

You, I like you.

Yup, I agree here.
Plus everyone's sexuality and personality is different so I don't think it's accurate to paint such a wide brush, IMO.

Kevyt

I'm always thirsty! o/

Also, running late for date and I'm wearing cargo pants. Have I already ruined anything, potentially?

I feel sorry for the guy as he has been waiting for me on a Starbucks for the past 30+ minutes.

We're supposed to go to this bar that he doesn't know how to get there.

I'm terrible.

Yikes.

RIP.

;_;

Sweet baby Jesus...

Lawd...

Akara

Banned
I'm always thirsty! o/

Also, running late for date and I'm wearing cargo pants. Have I already ruined anything, potentially?

I feel sorry for the guy as he has been waiting for me on a Starbucks for the past 30+ minutes.

We're supposed to go to this bar that he doesn't know how to get there.

I'm terrible.

Yikes.

RIP.

;_;

Sweet baby Jesus...

Lawd...

giphy.gif

Kater

Banned
97926ce79a.gif

Just made it for this response lol

I don't do anything special really. I shower 2-3 times a day, I sleep like 3-5 hours daily, my eating habits are not good and rarely work out. Doubt my 2-3 cups of coffee do any miracles for the beauty and I don't use any special creams or soaps so I got no clue.

I do try to stay out of stress as much as I can and I do keep myself clean as possible. I don't get much sun so that might also have to do with part of things but I dont think I do anything special.
Maybe you should buy some glasses cause I ain't all that.
I can see just fine without glasses haha. You look great!

Keeping yourself clean and avoiding stress is a huge part of how to lead a good life. Makes you feel good and in turn it will show on the outside.

And guys please, Cargo pants are not the worst pants. That award already goes to Skinny Jeans.

Monocle

Pretty much nailed it IMO. Gay thirst just stands out more in modern society.

daripad

I don't really like cargo pants, seems that I have good taste.

But seriously, I have 0 fashion sense. I'm bad at buying clothes and everything related to them :/

Akara

Banned
it's not that hard or any more expensive to buy chino shorts so do yourself and people that have to see you a favor

I'm sure those people will be fine. I think they're more repulsed when they see me walking in booty shorts. (or happy, it differs depending on area)

Akara

Banned
Haha, this is me. I wear nothing but t shirts and graphic tees. Is that too basic lol?

no, some people are fashionable, some don't care, some are not. I've seen some guys with great fashion utilize cargo shorts. Ya'll be either high class fashionistas or just shading to shade our cargo gays </3

Usually if a person says they want to set you up with somebody, that doesn't simply mean "here's his name, go search for him on Facebook, oh and we didn't bother telling him about you at all", right?

3phemeral

Usually if a person says they want to set you up with somebody, that doesn't simply mean "here's his name, go search for him on Facebook, oh and we didn't bother telling him about you at all", right?

I imagine it'd be more like "I've already done the back-end work, just give me a date that you're free," or "Hey, I have someone I want you to meet. Meet us here for some drink/food."

Banned
Thanks for the welcomes guys, I was worried about being the youngest member here but I'm glad there's at least one other person my age.

My fashion sense is pretty bad, I wear pretty basic stuff. It doesn't help that really good looking clothes are so expensive to buy.

Bladenic

no, some people are fashionable, some don't care, some are not. I've seen some guys with great fashion utilize cargo shorts. Ya'll be either high class fashionistas or just shading to shade our cargo gays </3

Sis trust me I look like trash most of the time BUT cargo shorts are just awful. Switch to chino shorts trust. Cargo shorts should be round up and torched. Again unless you're wearing them for stuff like fishing or whatever work

Akara

Banned
Thanks for the welcomes guys, I was worried about being the youngest member here but I'm glad there's at least one other person my age.

My fashion sense is pretty bad, I wear pretty basic stuff. It doesn't help that really good looking clothes are so expensive to buy.
You can get really cheap clothes that look amazing from thrift stores. They have crazy designs there, you just gotta look. I found some weird designer denim flannel for $10 bucks there and people think it costs $100 lol.

Sis trust me I look like trash most of the time BUT cargo shorts are just awful. Switch to chino shorts trust. Cargo shorts should be round up and torched. Again unless you're wearing them for stuff like fishing or whatever work

Meh if I see someone wearing it I won't dock points ;_;

You can get really cheap clothes that look amazing from thrift stores. They have crazy designs there, you just gotta look. I found some weird designer denim flannel for $10 bucks there and people think it costs $100 lol.
Yeah you can sometimes find really good stuff. I love going to thrift stores, you can find so many great things.

Yeah, I was the same way I didn't know if there was anyone else around my age.

So my ex had a Drs appointed today that didn't end the greatest, she has to get kinda serious surgery in January. So I'm heading out there in a couple weeks to see her (No Akara I'm not going to try to get back with her for the reasons you said as much as I wish I could heh).

I just find it weird that we both are kinda sick in almost the same way at the same time. I have the worst luck with health and people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom