• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

beril

So in an attempt to stalk my gym crush I infiltrated the student pub tonight (not really infiltrated as I can go there anytime as an alumni and it's close to my apartment anyway). And as luck would have it he was there, but apparently tonight's theme was "gender bender" and seeing him in full drag pretty much cured me of my crush for now. Still, I got to talk to him a little bit, and a bit more with his friend. I tried approaching the subject sexuality but didn't really get a clear satisfactory answer but maybe approaching them in the gym will be a bit less awkward now. Or maybe more awkward depending on how I feel about it when I sober up...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357054

giphy.gif.

I keep shaking my head when I hear someone say "the younger generations are much more progressive and open minded, they'll bring in change" and I heard this at my job and I just shook my head thinking... "yeah nah, I don't think so"

Especially with the toxic internet culture kids of today, I just can't see the younger generation as more progressive. Kids today are absolutely heartless and evil, (some of them, many of them), imo.
There's a lot of other studies that directly debunk this. It's not good to place all your faith into a singular study at all

Tbh I feel like there's a massive conservative wave sweeping the world right now, but especially America.
Also a push back to it.

Look Who's Back is a great satire that is relevant to that. There is a book but I only saw the movie. It is about Hitler waking up in modern Germany and being mistaken for a comedian impersonator, and what he does with the attention he is given. It combines scripted segments with actual public interaction. It might be on Netflix in various regions since it is in Australia. But it is important to stick around to the end since it isn't just the offensive shock comedy it might seem to be.

Tbh I feel like there's a massive conservative wave sweeping the world right now, but especially America.
Meh.

There's always conservative rhetoric to contrast progressive ones. This happens all the time no matter the period. To insinuate we're leading to some sort of Cultural Revolution like China during Mao Zedong is fear-mongering

_Isaac

So in an attempt to stalk my gym crush I infiltrated the student pub tonight (not really infiltrated as I can go there anytime as an alumni and it's close to my apartment anyway). And as luck would have it he was there, but apparently tonight's theme was "gender bender" and seeing him in full drag pretty much cured me of my crush for now. Still, I got to talk to him a little bit, and a bit more with his friend. I tried approaching the subject sexuality but didn't really get a clear satisfactory answer but maybe approaching them in the gym will be a bit less awkward now. Or maybe more awkward depending on how I feel about it when I sober up...

Wow that's a bit of a small world I guess that you'd run into him.

Thread sure is dead tonight. Hasn't been a post all day. Is everyone just getting their weekend on is that it?

Watching The Neverending Story. Beautiful movie.

Rayis

Watching gay movies and/or series with extremely hot actors makes me irrationally angry for some reason, it's just, portraying queer life as this happy utopia surrounded by muscle-bound irresistible hunks is so not representative of a large part of the gay male experience.

inb4 you mad cuz you ugly and not heteronormative, this might be true =D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In fairness movies push the utopian vision of muscle-bound irresistible hunks and slim busty blonde bombshells as well. It hurts everywhere!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I bought the first two seasons for this reason but haven't found time to watch it beyond the first 15 minutes.

Have you seen Torchwood?

Season 1 is rocky, to say the least. Season 2 is very good though, and every season after that is better than the last.

No. I've heard very mixed things about it though.

Kard8p3

I made a topic about this situation, but I feel like it deserves to be posted in here as well, because quite frankly this fuckery should not be happening.

Chechen authorities are arresting and killing gay men

Here's a quote from the Chechen leader's spokesman, so you can see just how much they care about this..

A spokesman for Chechnya’s leader, Ramzan Kadyrov, denied the report in a statement to Interfax on Saturday, calling the article “absolute lies and disinformation.”

“You cannot arrest or repress people who just don’t exist in the republic,” the spokesman, Alvi Karimov, told the news agency.

“If such people existed in Chechnya, law enforcement would not have to worry about them, as their own relatives would have sent them to where they could never return,” Mr. Karimov said.

lenovox1

Watching gay movies and/or series with extremely hot actors makes me irrationally angry for some reason, it's just, portraying queer life as this happy utopia surrounded by muscle-bound irresistible hunks is so not representative of a large part of the gay male experience.

inb4 you mad cuz you ugly and not heteronormative, this might be true =D

In fairness movies push the utopian vision of muscle-bound irresistible hunks and slim busty blonde bombshells as well. It hurts everywhere!

Agreed. Other than BS cheap romantic comedies, most of the gay media I watch isn't led by guys that look like me (trim, muscular, young
black
). There are lots and lots of body types represented in well regarded gay stuff to me.

Kevyt

I made a topic about this situation, but I feel like it deserves to be posted in here as well, because quite frankly this fuckery should not be happening.

Chechen authorities are arresting and killing gay men

Here's a quote from the Chechen leader's spokesman, so you can see just how much they care about this..

That's awful but kinda reminiscent about the mayor from Sochi who said back in the 2014 winter olympic games that there are no gay people in his city. It seems to be a reoccurring theme among Russian politicians to claim lgbt people do not exist in their respective jurisdictions.

berzeli

Banned
That's awful but kinda reminiscent about the mayor from Sochi who said back in the 2014 winter olympic games that there are no gay people in his city. It seems to be a reoccurring theme among Russian politicians to claim lgbt people do not exist in their respective jurisdictions.

It's not just Russian politicians. The Chechnya situation and response is eerily similar to what former Iranian Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in response when questioned about the treatment of gays in Iran:

"In Iran, we dont have homosexuals like in your country. We don’t have that in our country. In Iran, we do not have this phenomenon. I don’t know who’s told you we have it."

It's making gay people unpersons essentially.

(yeah, I know I should know better than making a shallow 1984 reference rather than talking about otherisation but it's late over here and I'm lazy)

No. I've heard very mixed things about it though.
Season 1 of Torchwood isn't good but season 2 onwards is excellent.

It's not just Russian politicians.
Australian politician Bob Katter is one. He's 'softened' on the issue a bit and admits there are 'some'. In chronological order:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-17/newburrie---katter2c-there-are-gays-in-your-electorate/2843110
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/...blasts-bob-katter-over-comments-homosexuality (Video of Josh Thomas of Please Like Me talking with him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wce7-cnaxE)
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/progr...interview-when-asked-about-gay-people/7514230

Season 1 of Torchwood isn't good but season 2 onwards is excellent.

Australian politician Bob Katter is one. He's 'softened' on the issue a bit and admits there are 'some'. In chronological order:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-17/newburrie---katter2c-there-are-gays-in-your-electorate/2843110
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/...blasts-bob-katter-over-comments-homosexuality (Video of Josh Thomas of Please Like Me talking with him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wce7-cnaxE)
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/progr...interview-when-asked-about-gay-people/7514230

Difference being is that guy is just one lone politician trying to deny us not an entire government.

(yeah, I know I should know better than making a shallow 1984 reference rather than talking about otherisation but it's late over here and I'm lazy)

Yeah but a lot of good movies came out in 1984 :)

Kevyt

GAF seems to have many people who are quite... sensitive about their buttholes

It's post like this that make me chuckle and anger me a bit, but then I chuckle some more:
Yo. Why do we seem to periodically get these threads? Strange as fuck to be honest. If you're gay, cool...more power to you but not everyone is going to want to try what you're suggesting. Y'all need to let it go.
--------
--------
The only comments that really ever make me laugh in these kinds of threads are the "but you don't mind putting your penis in a vagina and those are gross too" comments.

Uh yeah, how about biology and basic f*cking human instinct since the beginning of our existence?

I mean hey... I think they have a point. Can't really argue against nature and we shouldn't actively try to make everyone gay... I suppose.

dawgparty

Any recommendations for podcasts with LGBT cast members? Or even just a feminist member, honestly. Doesn't have to be video game-related but that'd be great.

driggonny

Banned
It's post like this that make me chuckle and anger me a bit, but then I chuckle some more:

--------
--------

I mean hey... I think they have a point. Can't really argue against nature and we shouldn't actively try to make everyone gay... I suppose.
Oral sex ain't natural either if you think about it like that. :p

The only one that actually bothered me was the suggestion that prostate stimulation isn't real... that it's all in a persons head. Like, I can't even <.<

Any recommendations for podcasts with LGBT cast members? Or even just a feminist member, honestly. Doesn't have to be video game-related but that'd be great.

I listen to The Read but that's not everyone's cup of tea. It's a black gay guy and a black lesbian who discuss LGBT topics as well as pop culture.

Kevyt

What a stressful day and it's only just Monday...

Oral sex ain't natural either if you think about it like that. :p

The only one that actually bothered me was the suggestion that prostate stimulation isn't real... that it's all in a persons head. Like, I can't even <.<

Yeah, I am more surprised no one was banned.

Vazduh

Which tier of adult am I if I had to Google "what to say to someone going through a break up"?

You're a good friend.

Honestly, there's never the right phrase for that, except maybe "I'm here for you". The person going through a break up won't care about advice, they'll probably want for someone to just listen to them.

So I've posted here about ED issues in the past. I don't think I have ED issues anymore. I do think I have some psychological thing where I can't get off with another person. Maybe because I can't get comfortable enough? I dunno.

Anyone dealt with this sort of thing?

Poppy

i never really got erections with my boyfriend and would frequently lose them halfway through sex with my girlfriend so i guess i can relate yes

but unfortunately i sort of hate sex so i am probably not going to be a good resource on advice. plus i havent had sex in like five years so

Top Bottom