• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
This looks really bad IMO. Was hoping for a more interesting battle system but just looks like more of the same? I'm sure there are some differences and I liked 13-2's battle system a lot but meh.

Also I really despise Lightning's voice.

Boring looking setting, same old enemies, rehashed battle theme. ZzzZZZZzz

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
That outfit is so ridiculously atrocious.

_woLf

Surprisingly disappointed. Graphics look REALLY rough after all the beautiful environments in XIII and XIII-2. It's like there's practically no lighting at all :(

Gameplay itself looks fine, but those graphics...need a lot of work.

Alucrid

Banned
1) why is she like batman at the start
2) why does this game have better public transportation than the US
3) why are there paintings and couches outside
4) why does she look so out of place
5) why so drab
6) why do the sunglasses make it look like a bad sci fi 90s movie
7) why

Mikeside

Ugh, no thanks. Wake me up when SE does ANYTHING with Final Fantasy on an HD console that isn't mo'fuggin 13 based.

Seda

really?

nwBna.png

Ricker

Mmmm the background/environment,graphic/textures looked awful but maybe its the awful GT player or compression...at least I hope so.The battle engine kinda looks the same but now its going to be with only Lightning all the time? I was hoping for a change in that...still early I guess...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Well... uh..... Hmmmm.... Not sure what to think.

Environments look kind of drab. Looks like a classic jRPG "evil religion" plot.... and the XIII-style pretensious monologues are in full swing. :p

I saw a Miqote in there. Chocolina looks odd in that dull town. Lightning's outfit from the rear reminds me of Assassin's Creed. Lightning with sunglasses is radical.

Aeana

I'm not convinced the combat is really going to be any fun. It looks like the FF13 combat system, just with actions mapped directly to the face buttons. And while I like the FF13 combat system, it was never any fun with just one character.

UrbanRats

I like all that cloth physics, yup, don't even mind that outfit that much.
Can't say i'm even remotaly interested in this though, since i haven't played a FF since X.

Wait this has real time, action combat? I couldn't tell from the trailer.

Akainu

It's so weird. The first woman Light walks past isn't dressed like a fool.

Get it guys? 13 days FF 13 so clever. Coming in 2013 *brain explodes.*

Toki767

I'm not convinced the combat is really going to be any fun. It looks like the FF13 combat system, just with actions mapped directly to the face buttons. And while I like the FF13 combat system, it was never any fun with just one character.

At least it'll make more sense when you get a game over when your character dies.

teiresias

Square Enix Presents . . . Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII

Join Lightning on her quest to get her money back from the evil fal'Cie known as Gamestop when she realizes her latest videogame purchase is the epitome of subpar JRPG design. You'll fight twisted former l'Cie turned into monsters when their minds are twisted upon realizing they were duped into accepting ridiculously low trade-in values on games and accessories, and finally delve into a dungeon looking for the long lost Tome of Origini amongst a myriad lookalikes that have been pre-emptively removed from the cases and pawned off as the original.

Still buying this day 1 but that trailer was... not good...

The first XIII-2 teaser had me way more hyped.

I'm worried about this game. I want it to be good.

I loved XIII and XIII-2

Please, I want to love this game, too

Sera O

Banned
"Lightning's final journey"

D-do you promise?

Well I guess someone must really love her. As for the trailer, I like the look of the city, but not her new outfit. XIII-2 wasn't to my tastes so I can't see myself picking this up.

I thought it would be closer to KH with free movement and all...but looks like a reharsed XIII system combat....

Negator

This game looks like absolute shit.

The framerate is atrocious, Lightining's outfit is awful, and the combat looks boring.

Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom