• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
aka "Pomping World" to the Japanese LRG fans out there.

Limited Run Games ‏@LimitedRunGames 1 min
Extremely excited to announce that we're teaming up with @DotEmu to bring you a disc of the latest entry in the legendary Pang series!

Limited Run Games ‏@LimitedRunGames 2 min.
If you're from the US, you might know the Pang series better as "Buster Bros."

Limited Run Games @LimitedRunGames 1 min.
Next game reveal in an hour!

C5SJAqnWEAAl7Uz.jpg:large

Neat about the buster bros news. Does Capcom have anything to do with this release?

But if this being greenlit, what are the chances of - let's say - Double Dragon IV making it to physical?

Neat about the buster bros news. Does Capcom have anything to do with this release?

But if this being greenlit, what are the chances of - let's say - Double Dragon IV making it to physical?

From what I understand Capcom doesn't have anything to do with this release of BB. That was mainly for Buster Bros, Super BB and Mighty Pang - its The Mitchell Corporation that makes the games, but Capcom published them for a time (plus a couple of the earlier arcade games ran on Capcom hardware, if I understand things correctly).

Hope so!

Also hope Soulstorm gets a Vita version so we can have the whole series there.

I'm hoping Soulstorm makes it to Vita too, even if it's just a pity-port late in the game. The guys at Oddworld Inhabitants have been so good to the console, it'd be nice to have the full set (at least for the time being, since I'm sure the franchise will keep going from strength to strength.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
LRG is the new fun I have investigating. I used to do that with localization companies back when they were more predictable.

That game is harder to play, now. Unexpecting things are getting localized all the time now (and more recently, by unexpecting companies). The most niche stuff seems to pop up out of nowhere now.

Takao

Banned
That game is harder to play, now. Unexpecting things are getting localized all the time now (and more recently, by unexpecting companies). The most niche stuff seems to pop up out of nowhere now.

Tohou shovelware is the new NISA blank bingo space

hawk2025

Don't we want to wait to see how dotemu's stuff turns out before being excited/hopeful for it? Don't they have an iffy track record?

There was a mistake in your post, so I fixed it.

?

Pang is already out, and it was made by Pasta Games. It's a great version of it!

Don't we want to wait to see how dotemu's stuff turns out before being excited/hopeful for it? Don't they have an iffy track record?

There was a mistake in your post, so I fixed it.

That "edit" is why i will never vote for mercy after each overwatch game. I go out of my way to not buy plain text spine games even if it means spending extra and importing.

mollipen

?

Pang is already out, and it was made by Pasta Games. It's a great version of it!

I'm talking about the other dotemu stuff being brought up.

That "edit" is why i will never vote for mercy after each overwatch game. I go out of my way to not buy plain text spine games even if it means spending extra and importing.

First, how dare you.

Second, plain spines look so much better. Plus, given this is a heavily Japanese game (looking at it on Youtube), it just feels right to give it a "proper" Japanese-style spine.

Pang may have been the last one, but basically the bottom right corner turned upside down.

Yeah, that's the one it makes the most sense for, but the corners of the box aren't in the same place lol.

LRG is the new fun I have investigating. I used to do that with localization companies back when they were more predictable.

I'm not sure if I like or hate the unpredictability. It's fun to see all the betrayaltons and when companies grab weird stuff, but equally it leads to NISA skipping Hero Must Die for Touhou nonsense #5. Sigh.

mollipen

I'm not sure if I like or hate the unpredictability. It's fun to see all the betrayaltons and when companies grab weird stuff, but equally it leads to NISA skipping Hero Must Die for Touhou nonsense #5. Sigh.

It's funny, because I remember not too long ago being in the "none of this stuff is coming to the West" world. Now we're in the "wait, they're bringing over X and passing up Y?!" world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom