• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny, because I remember not too long ago being in the "none of this stuff is coming to the West" world. Now we're in the "wait, they're bringing over X and passing up Y?!" world.

That way of thinking has been around for a while, even though it's not always that way. Sometimes people assume that some releases get passed over in favor of the cheaper ones or something. I mean, if one title can't make it, for whatever reason, should this other game not come out at all?

(Apparemtly lots of people here hate Touhou, I guess).

Cover art

C5SOR-SW8AEkuuq.jpg:large

Shizuka

And no Vita title. I'm a bit disappointed if you ask me, that from three announcements, all three are PS4 exclusives, not even multiplatform releases with the Vita. I hope this isn't a trend moving forward.

joe2187

Banned
And no Vita title. I'm a bit disappointed if you ask me, that from three announcements, all three are PS4 exclusives, not even multiplatform releases with the Vita. I hope this isn't a trend moving forward.

These are all Playism published titles, So I'm not concerned.

Though if LRG would to release a Vita title in the Playism cataologue it would be Croluxier Sigma and Torquel.

hawk2025

I mean...

Like it or not, it is a trend going forward just by necessity. They seem to be trying to bring out as much on Vita as possible, but it doesn't have nearly has much low-hanging fruit as the PS4 does.

And Sony probably isn't helping as they phase out the Vita.

I mean, is this it for announcements? I assumed from this:

3 PS4 games, 1 Vita. That's all I can say about the 4 teasers, hopefully they'll be good surprises.

There's still at least 1 more coming. Vita exclusive too, seeing as we've already had 3 PS4 games.

mollipen

That way of thinking has been around for a while, even though it's not always that way. Sometimes people assume that some releases get passed over in favor of the cheaper ones or something. I mean, if one title can't make it, for whatever reason, should this other game not come out at all?

No, and I never suggested as much. I'm simply saying that, as someone who has tracked Japanese games making it to the West for a long time now, I feel like things are a little unpredictable now in a weird way. I mean, I remember podcast discussions I took part in where games like Danganronpa, Criminal Girls, Steins;Gate, Conception, Oreshika, and plenty of other games were "they'll never make it here"—because really, that era wasn't all that long ago.

Now, I just think when making the "these are certain" and "these would be surprises" lists, I feel like we're seeing more of a mix of those two lists than I'd gotten used to seeing. (Not to say history hasn't been paved with games where their lack of Western localization wasn't shocking.)

Dwayne

Love the original arcade Pang, recently played Pang Adventures - it's a letdown, for me at least. It ditches the 'pure' ball bouncing very quickly and heavily relies on gimmicks. I wouldn't pin this directly on the new developers as the series did start to run off course like this in the original later sequels, but it was a shame for sure.

It's funny, because I remember not too long ago being in the "none of this stuff is coming to the West" world. Now we're in the "wait, they're bringing over X and passing up Y?!" world.

Yeah, I suppose it takes a post like this to show me I am acting entitled. At the end of day I am happy a lot of stuff that's coming across is happening, and it's nice that much of it is on Vita. It's just disappointing when you play something like Sorcery Saga or Mind=0 that looks fine but is actually pretty crappy, and you lament what could have been.

Maybe NISA's Touhou games will be better than I'm imagining, but the roguelike looks... not my kinda thing, and the new one looks very clunky.

I mean, when it's the localization company's parent company game that are getting skipped, it's a safe assumption that something else is being prioritized.

Shizuka

These are all Playism published titles, So I'm not concerned.

Though if LRG would to release a Vita title in the Playism cataologue it would be Croluxier Sigma and Torquel.

Pang Adventures is DotEmu, so it wasn't just Playism today.

I mean, is this it for announcements? I assumed from this:

There's still at least 1 more coming. Vita exclusive too, seeing as we've already had 3 PS4 games.

That fourth one is Bit Trip, but there isn't one exclusive to the Vita, is there?

That fourth one is Bit Trip, but there isn't one exclusive to the Vita, is there?

Maybe it's not Bit.Trip? Otherwise that guy's teaser doesn't make much sense :p

Still, at least there's a Vita game coming (if it gets announced). There aren't a whole lot of Vita exclusives to get, really, so I'm not surprised.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, when it's the localization company's parent company game that are getting skipped, it's a safe assumption that something else is being prioritized.

Not necessarily. I mean, we are never given info for why titles get skipped, so we will never know why games were skipped over. But I have a hard time seeing companies pass over their own games, only to prioritize on an indie, is what I was getting at.

any release date for these announcement yet? i'm be out of the country for vacation, so i wanna make sure i'll be somewhere with wifi when it drops

This thread has just made me sad remembering that Drive Drive Drive was supposed to come out for Vita and now it's getting a physical release on PS4 and will probably never happen for the handheld.

I'd be sooooo all over it if it came out for Vita. But it ain't happening, is it? :(

Clive

Astebreed was near the top of my wish list while the others were truth be told below Flying Hamster. Not bad games though. Overall, I am satisfied.

Clov

Oh, oh, OH! If there is one, just ONE japanese game Limited Run Games could bring to the West, it's that one!

I'd buy that right away! The translation is already done, so it wouldn't be too hard. It's a really amazing game, so I hope this happens.

Shizuka

According to Choice Provisions Twitter:

- Runner2 (PS4/Vita): March 17th, 3500 copies per platform (another 1000 per platform for the limited edition).

emb

Excited to get to play Runner 2! Enjoyed the first game a ton. Won't get this edition of Bit.Trip collection, since I already have those on Wii. Astebreed sounds familiar (iirc it's a shmup) so that'll probably be cool. Everything else I have no idea, but looking and sounding good.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
And it's still too early to yell & scream & beg for the Vita version of The House in Fata Morgana.

I still need to play it since I've heard amazing things. I would play immediately if on Vita by LRG... (I don't get nearly enouh time to play on PC.)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I should try sending info to Doug and Josh on Twitter about that game.

Make sure to show the Steam ratings, and mention how much it sucks that it is undersold. I may not have played it yet, but I am anticipating it as a title I'll love. So, I would want it promoted and not overlooked :x

So many announcements and all of them coming out within a short period of time. It's time to become selective. Want Astebreed for sure, probably some of the Vita games. That will be a tough decision. :-/

I hope some of the games that I really want release on the same day. ;-)

So, in conclusion, these are all the newly announced games, correct?

Pang Adventures (PS4)
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae (PS4)
Astebreed (PS4)
Drive! Drive! Drive (PS4)
Tharsis Limited Edition (PS4)

The Bit.Trip Limited Edition (PS4/PSVita)
Bit.Trip Presents: Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien Limited Edition (PS4/PSVita) (2 cover variants)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom