• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Have LRG said anything else regarding Deemo other than they're looking into it? Debating whether I should import it, but if LRG does do it, I'd much rather have that.

It is in no way a contradiction to want to preserve obscure games, but not crap or novelty-joke games.

How do you define crap though? I seriously could have lived without physical copies of Shadow Complex or Firewatch but do appreciate some of the lesser known indie games that get a low print run. My bigger concern is oversaturation. Looking at the March/April release schedule, it's just too many games. There's a new console hardware and other great games coming out in March as well, so unfortunately there's no way to buy them all.

cj_iwakura

Despite my irritation over the PS4 version of TSC having new content and the delay debacle, I have to admit, I think LRG has the nicer packaging:

SilverCase-PC-1_grande.png

VS

silvercase_box_1.jpg

The focus is on Uehara, not Saian.

we're getting a physical release of a Buster Bros game and all y'all motherfuckers can do is complain

Seriously though, everyone one of the newly announced games looks really cool. I'm pretty stoked about D!D!D!.

Weevilone

How do you define crap though? I seriously could have lived without physical copies of Shadow Complex or Firewatch but do appreciate some of the lesser known indie games that get a low print run. My bigger concern is oversaturation. Looking at the March/April release schedule, it's just too many games. There's a new console hardware and other great games coming out in March as well, so unfortunately there's no way to buy them all.

I agree with this. The number of LRG releases bunched together collectively makes them less desirable in my opinion. When the quantity peaks like this it's time to forget the collecting thing and just get selective. It's too bad, the collecting was fun.

mollipen

we're getting a physical release of a Buster Bros game and all y'all motherfuckers can do is complain.

I can't stand the art style—it looks to cheap-smartphone-knockoff-shovelware to me.

Really, none of the new batch of announcements does it for me other than Mitsurugi, because that looks like total "Simple Series" schlock and those kinds of games give me a weird thrill. I'm not upset or anything, because I know that there will be plenty of times when the kinds of games that I want aren't the ones that we're getting. But, it is a tad disappointing when so many games are announced and my reaction is "meh".

It doesn't help, of course, that a huge chunk of this week was PS4 titles, when outside or rare exceptions, I'm really only here for the Vita love.

I can't stand the art style—it looks to cheap-smartphone-knockoff-shovelware to me.

image.php

Kidding aside, I agree that the graphics look a little Newgroundsy to me but the Buster Bros. series has never been about graphics, just gameplay and that looks top notch.

EDIT: I keep forgetting to post that I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the blue LRG boxes that games have been shipping in recently. Looks great and keeps all of the extra games/swag in one place. LRG has been killing it lately.

I really hope this isn't an error

Considering they're letting people preorder it already, I would say it's most likely real. It's also only $30, which is likely how much LRG would have charged for it if they had gotten it.

Keep in mind PlayAsia also has free shipping during this week on current releases and preorders and a $5 off coupon code (BLUECODE) as well.

hawk2025

That's why I don't define it -- they should release as much as possible IMO :)

Considering they're letting people preorder it already, I would say it's most likely real. It's also only $30, which is likely how much LRG would have charged for it if they had gotten it.

Keep in mind PlayAsia also has free shipping during this week on current releases and preorders and a $5 off coupon code (BLUECODE) as well.

Mother fucker. Just put in an order and didn't look up coupon codes first.

I didn't know about that code, thanks for the heads up!

Is the code one per account or can we place multiple orders?

mr lurtle

I really hope the holding service will be back or all the recently announced releases will be released together on as few days as possible. Otherwise 15-22$ shipping each every week for 4 weeks straight like the last schedule suggests is just to much for me to handle.

Shizuka

I really hope the holding service will be back or all the recently announced releases will be released together on as few days as possible. Otherwise 15-22$ shipping each every week for 4 weeks straight like the last schedule suggests is just to much for me to handle.

It's too much for anyone to handle, I might seriously start skipping some of these if the new solution doesn't come up by then.

Megauap

Just received my copy of Oxenfree. Luckily I checked the inside of the package before throwing it away otherwise I would have missed the little piece of paper containing the code for my loyalty ticket.
Have I been the only one?

Desmond

Hey everyone, first time posting in the thread. I assume when these titles are gone, theyre gone, right? I regret not picking up the oddworld titles.

Hey everyone, first time posting in the thread. I assume when these titles are gone, theyre gone, right? I regret not picking up the oddworld titles.

Yep, gone is gone. Most Friday's at exactly 10AM and 6PM EST they put items up for sale so bookmark what you want beforehand and you shouldn't have much issue?

Yeah once they're gone, they're gone. The Oddworld stuff is a flippers paradise unfortunately but the other LRG titles are generally not too expensive to pick up after their initial LRG release if you missed anything.

Varth

Here's a little more info on why Axiom Verge won't be a thing from LRG.

Never read that. Oh, well. For people demanding respect with such strenght they're kinda prone to talk shit about their (missed) business partners and competitors.

Anyway, Im not info this for being a fan of this publisher or the other. Im info this for physical editions of QUALITY games, and AV, unlike the whole last batch of LRG announcements, is a great game worth collecting. Will buy on Vita.

Just a heads-up: In case you want your game as close to the original as possible you might want to skip this release. Apparently the guys who ported the game to PS4 and Vita took the blood splatters, that appear on the ground when hitting an enemy, out of the game. I know most of you wont care about that but for me its a nitpick.

Dotemu isn't really known for great ports, but Ys Origin on Vita is still a must buy for me no matter what.

Ventara

Asked this in another thread, but I might have better luck here. How do I preorder from Play-Asia? I add Ys Origin to my cart and try to checkout, but when I select my address, it sends me back to my cart with this:

"Your cart contains at least one pre order. Orders will only be sent once all items are available."

Jimm

Asked this in another thread, but I might have better luck here. How do I preorder from Play-Asia? I add Ys Origin to my cart and try to checkout, but when I select my address, it sends me back to my cart with this:

"Your cart contains at least one pre order. Orders will only be sent once all items are available."

That message seems obvious, but with me and pre orders usually it allows me to proceed with payment and complete checkout :/

Ventara

That message seems obvious, but with me and pre orders usually it allows me to proceed with payment and complete checkout :/

I see. It just keeps kicking me back to checkout.

Can anyone try to make a preorder of Ys Origin and see if you can get past shipping without getting kicked back to your cart? Wondering if this is a new problem that just popped up with Play-Asia or if it's on my end.

Edit: Everything went fine on Chrome. Must've been a cache problem as I had the browser with Play-Asia opened for a while, before Ys Origin went up.

Is anyone else not seeing the field to enter coupon codes?
It should appear as a text input field on the right side of the final confirmation page underneath the shipping cart list and cost breakdown. Pretty easy tidbit to overlook when you're trying to rush out the doorway with securing your purchase!

cj_iwakura

The news of the new scenarios for TSC PC being DLC has redeemed my faith in the LRG purchase.

I wonder if we'll get keys to that also...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I hope the DLC is free, especially for us since we bought fancy special editions; it's not like we got plain digital versions on a Steam sale.

The thing that sucks, though, is that the DLC won't be physically preserved on our copies, it'll just exist as digital files on our hard drives. And physically preserving games is the original point to Limited Run Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom