• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semoreh

I read that as "LRG will continue to overcharge Vita owners where possible and make exceptions for PS4 versions where possible since it'd be impossible to sell at high price"

If they can make exception for PS4 ver then I see no reason why can't this be an exception too. But they know this will quickly at whatever price and it's a good business for them with absolute no risk.

You read what you want ;)
$60 was the highest ever price point for the PS4 version, that's why an exception was made. Nothing indicates it was part of an anti Vita plot.

I just started the PS+ Curses n' Chaos. So far, it's meh... I probably won't open my LRG box. Someone here liked it ?
Edit : played it a lot this afternoon. It's okish but it really lacks purpose. It controls well, at least, and there's a challenge. I'll probably part with my LRG box though, I don't see a need to immortalize the game in my collection.

so saving the vita LEs for the Atelier stuff? :)

The DotEmu stuff will be where our next collector's editions occur. Ys and Wonder Boy!

I read that as "LRG will continue to overcharge Vita owners where possible and make exceptions for PS4 versions where possible since it'd be impossible to sell at high price"

If they can make exception for PS4 ver then I see no reason why can't this be an exception too. But they know this will quickly at whatever price and it's a good business for them with absolute no risk.

$59.99 is the most we'll ever charge for a standard edition of a game. Our typical pricing model is the digital price + $10 to cover the cost of goods and ensure that our partner makes as much per unit as they would through selling a digital unit. Since the PS4 version of DBCS was already $59.99 digitally, we weren't going to tack on $10 since it would exceed our maximum price. Not only that but each PS4 DARIUSBURST disc cost 1/3 the amount that each Vita cartridge will cost to manufacture. Vita cartridges are stupidly expensive to produce which is why I don't get the "handheld releases should be cheaper" mindset. In reality, the console releases should be cheaper since the margins are so much higher. In the end, you're still paying $10 less for the same game - what's there to complain about?

PSFan

Is Night Trap still Spring 2017? There's only a little over a month left in spring. Also looking forward to Rabi-Ribi at the end of the year.

The DotEmu stuff will be where our next collector's editions occur. Ys and Wonder Boy!

$59.99 is the most we'll ever charge for a standard edition of a game. Our typical pricing model is the digital price + $10 to cover the cost of goods and ensure that our partner makes as much per unit as they would through selling a digital unit. Since the PS4 version of DBCS was already $59.99 digitally, we weren't going to tack on $10 since it would exceed our maximum price. Not only that but each PS4 DARIUSBURST disc cost 1/3 the amount that each Vita cartridge will cost to manufacture. Vita cartridges are stupidly expensive to produce which is why I don't get the "handheld releases should be cheaper" mindset. In reality, the console releases should be cheaper since the margins are so much higher. In the end, you're still paying $10 less for the same game - what's there to complain about?

gamers dont care about how much it costs to produce... if a game is on a home console has better graphics and framerate and overall better quality, it should cost more than a handheld counterpart that is 544p and cant keep 30fps. If vita games were the same price as ps4 games, i would buy much less of them.

hawk2025

Ray Gigant now sits next to Stranger of Sword City, Operation Abyss, Demon Gaze, and the just-arrived Operation Babel.

LRG did GOOD getting this :)

Not sure if I should play Ray or Babel first.

test_account

XP-39C²
gamers dont care about how much it costs to produce... if a game is on a home console has better graphics and framerate and overall better quality, it should cost more than a handheld counterpart that is 544p and cant keep 30fps. If vita games were the same price as ps4 games, i would buy much less of them.
If people complain or wonder about the price, it would informative to know the reason why things are priced the way they are though. The Vita version in this case with Darius is still $10 cheaper than the PS4 version was, and since the Vita version is more expensive to produce the PS4 version, it makes sense why it was easier to not add another $10 to the PS4 version. This is an expection though, the PS4 and Vita games from LRG have also pretty much always been the same price, $24.99.

Sondar

Incoming vinyl.

DACb0ihV0AA7v8y.jpg:large

hawk2025

Incoming vinyl.

YESSS

Didn't the guys from Skullgirls 2nd Encore struggle with the Vita manual because of page restrictions? (Where is that game anyway, lol?)

GAIJINWORKS‏ @gaijinworks 24 min.
Getting past 56 page limit to put a 72 page physical manual in a PSVita case was formerly impossible.Formerly. Summon Night 6 will have one.

https://twitter.com/gaijinworks/status/864897722800721920

I regret not supporting this game during the pre-order period for the special edition :(

Didn't the guys from Skullgirls 2nd Encore struggle with the Vita manual because of page restrictions? (Where is that game anyway, lol?)

GAIJINWORKS‏ @gaijinworks 24 min.
Getting past 56 page limit to put a 72 page physical manual in a PSVita case was formerly impossible.Formerly. Summon Night 6 will have one.

https://twitter.com/gaijinworks/status/864897722800721920

I wonder if this means the case will be thicker than usual Vita cases. I remember some JP Saturn games were like that for games with big manuals.

Sondar

Via Twitter...

Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire for #PS4 and Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion for #PSVita arrive on July 25 in the Americas and Europe!

Saoshyant

Now that reviews are out, I regret not having bought Flinthook when I had the chance. On the other hand, I regret quite a bit buying Strafe.

Limited releases of games that are not yet out is kind of a crapshot as bad as Kickstarter. Not my idea of fun.

Cross-posting with another thread, but it's probably worth noting here given the Special Reserve partnership. According to Flying Wild Hog's community manager in the PS Blog comment section, Shadow Warrior 2 will receive a limited physical pressing on the PS4 through Devolver Digital's Special Reserve Games store and, consequently, it will not be available in major retailers. Since LRG partnered with the company to distribute their upcoming PS4 and Vita titles as well, I'm guessing we might see another cover variant difference between the two stores or a small portion of their batch sold on LRG's website down the line. A follow-up comment from the CM expressed that "there should be enough [copies] for all interested" and they'd print more if needed.

Shizuka

Cross-posting with another thread, but it's probably worth noting here given the Special Reserve partnership. According to Flying Wild Hog's community manager in the PS Blog comment section, Shadow Warrior 2 will receive a limited physical pressing on the PS4 through Devolver Digital's Special Reserve Games store and, consequently, it will not be available in major retailers. Since LRG partnered with the company to distribute their upcoming PS4 and Vita titles as well, I'm guessing we might see another cover variant difference between the two stores or a small portion of their batch sold on LRG's website down the line. A follow-up comment from the CM expressed that "there should be enough [copies] for all interested" and they'd print more if needed.

I just need Hatoful Boyfriend for the Vita from them and I'm good.

Jimm

So keen on Shadow Warrior 2. Loved the first one on PS4 and was upset when the pre order listing got pulled from retailers.

Decider

Double pack for PS4 would be ideal.

Indeed. So much cool stuff being released on a format that was superceded by CD for very, very good reasons. It's really frustrating.

Double pack wont happen. same reason it didnt for mutant mudds. also hatoful might be through devolver's own label now like strafe. I would prefer LRG for hatoful though.

Just saw that LRG will be selling the ROR vinyl as well. FUCK YES. Thank you. Gonna try and now snag 2 x vita, 1 x ps4, 2 x vinyl lmao rip wallet.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Have we any idea when the Vita build for Cosmic Star Heroine is happening, by the by? I suppose they'll both release simultaneously.

Edit: PS4 and Vita packages, I mean.

UCBooties

Have we any idea when the Vita build for Cosmic Star Heroine is happening, by the by? I suppose they'll both release simultaneously.

Edit: PS4 and Vita packages, I mean.

No word yet. This is why I'm not getting too excited about Ys Origins or Fallen Legion. The LRG release will probably be months after the actual game release on PSN.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
No word yet. This is why I'm not getting too excited about Ys Origins or Fallen Legion. The LRG release will probably be months after the actual game release on PSN.

Hmmm. Perhaps. Being a JP-regioner I have no other way to play it, so I'm content to wait, I suppose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom