• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited signups for Class of Heroes 2 [PSP] physical release [goal reached]

Jarnet87

Vic was on an episodes of Retronauts talking about the series. He said 2 was a better jumping off point for people new to the series.

frequency

I just hope it's USPS to Canada.

Last time I mailed a game (DS), Canada Post charged me just under $11. So $10 isn't too impossible I think. But I mailed it in a small appropriately sized box (instead of an envelope) because I wanted the person to get it safely.

Wasn't this about a UMD version of the first game after the digital version was released? It definitely wasn't about the second one because I have that on UMD.
Ah, my bad. I could have sworn I read somewhere that they didn't manage 1000 pre-orders, but I must be wrong if they ended up publishing the UMD.

vireland

So they're also doing a straight PSN release, too, right? Have they said if it will be Vita compatible at release?

We're shooting for Vita compatability. We'll do what we have to so it works, but there's nothing crazy in the code and it's using straight Sony libs, so it should be the Vita clearance along with the PSP Q/A completion.

vireland

Signed up, but honestly 2500 copies seems like a high bar for this game. I'm not very optimistic here.

Making a progress bar now so people can keep tabs. Should be up soon. (EDIT: It's up now - complete with Success meme at the top) The info has been up for a bit over 10 hours with very limited awareness so far and we have just over 500. Pretty encouraging.

But if it doesn't make it, the game's still coming, so it's not the apocalypse. It's just a last-ditch effort to make a physical version available for the fans that like that sort of thing (myself included).

cj_iwakura

Making a progress bar now so people can keep tabs. Should be up soon. The info has been up for a bit over 10 hours with very limited awareness so far and we have just over 500. Pretty encouraging.

But if it doesn't make it, the game's still coming, so it's not the apocalypse. It's just a last-ditch effort to make a physical version available for the fans that like that sort of thing (myself included).

That's good to know. Honestly if nothing else I wish we'd gotten that John Truitt voiceover. :( I'd fund that three times over more than a physical release.

Has he even done any work in the industry lately? The whole Liam O'Brian/Yuri Lowenthal/Nolan North/etc. monopoly's kind of getting old. At least WD used fresh talent.

vireland

That's good to know. Honestly if nothing else I wish we'd gotten that John Truitt voiceover. :( I'd fund that three times over more than a physical release.

Has he even done any work in the industry lately? The whole Liam O'Brian/Yuri Lowenthal/Nolan North/etc. monopoly's kind of getting old. At least WD used fresh talent.

He still does theatre and some TV commercials locally, but that's about it. I'll definitely be calling on him in the future for more games, though.

cj_iwakura

He still does theatre and some TV commercials locally, but that's about it. I'll definitely be calling on him in the future for more games, though.

When do we get an indication of what's coming? I recall a promise of more J-PSN goodies...

vireland

Any word on the site's forums coming on line?

It's on the to-do list, but it will definitely be after CoH2 is through Q/A. There's just too much going on (with this title and others) and we're too small to get to it all.

I originally was going to import the WD message board with user names and everything intact, but I may have to just set up a new forum like we did for Sunsoft just to get it up.

Darrcyphfeid

Neo Member
Loved the Working Designs stuff back in the day, but sadly couldn't justify getting on board with the Kickstarter. Got so much stuff I don't know what to do with as it is.

Definitely in for a copy if/when this goes through, though.

Ken

I wish I liked these kinds of games to sign it but oh well. Hope they are successful though!

vireland

Hopefully everything works out just fine for Vita compatibility.

We're not super-concerned about it. If an issue comes up in Q/A, we can adjust around it since we have full source code here. Vita compatibility is a must for this in my view, so we'll make sure it happens.

Wereroku

All in on this just to have it on the shelf with MKR and Albert Odyssey. Vic any chance of seeing Saturn rereleases?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
We're not super-concerned about it. If an issue comes up in Q/A, we can adjust around it since we have full source code here. Vita compatibility is a must for this in my view, so we'll make sure it happens.

It's more about making sure SCEA doesn't do something stupid like only allow it to be transferred from PS3 rather than DL straight from Vita.
Too many games come out and we have to reach out to the publishers via Twitter and they had no idea.
It then takes a few days for them to get SCEA to 'flip the switch'.

vireland

All in on this just to have it on the shelf with MKR and Albert Odyssey. Vic any chance of seeing Saturn rereleases?

Thanks for the support!

There's no manufacturing line for the original discs, cases, etc, but we still have source archived for the ones we did, so emulated on a new platform is technically possible (but not on the horizon at the moment).

Teknoman

Thanks for the support!

There's no manufacturing line for the original discs, cases, etc, but we still have source archived for the ones we did, so emulated on a new platform is technically possible (but not on the horizon at the moment).

Off topic I know...but you guys wouldnt happen to be able to sell replacement materials for the Saturn games you published? Manuals and stuff I mean. Been looking for a Dragon Force manual forever.

vireland

Off topic I know...but you guys wouldnt happen to be able to sell replacement materials for the Saturn games you published? Manuals and stuff I mean. Been looking for a Dragon Force manual forever.

Most of that is long gone. I have some Popful Mail backliners, some DF memory card stickers, and some other odds and ends, but that's about it. At one time I had a few hundred of each warehoused, but when we went to one E3, my partner at WD (who was not a gamer) threw a ton of it away (including super rare even then Exile 2 foil stamped covers) to "clean up" the warehouse. I'm still ticked about it.

vireland

Signed on.

Will double up if you toss a Clinton reference in just to annoy translation purists.

Oh, no. I've learned that lesson. No political jokes, period. That said, there are references to pop culture woven into the game. Most of it is pretty subtle, but it's all there. :)

Teknoman

Most of that is long gone. I have some Popful Mail backliners, some DF memory card stickers, and some other odds and ends, but that's about it. At one time I had a few hundred of each warehoused, but when we went to one E3, my partner at WD (who was not a gamer) threw a ton of it away (including super rare even then Exile 2 foil stamped covers) to "clean up" the warehouse. I'm still ticked about it.

Ouch, well thanks anyway.

Signed on.

Will double up if you toss a Clinton reference in just to annoy translation purists.

lol I think I saw a Pokemon reference in one of the battle shots
Mewwho?

M-PG71C

Damn, I signed up. Any company wanting to bring Japanese titles overseas is a company that will get all of my business. Moreso, this is the successor company to Working Designs so fuck yeah I'll purchase. I put my money where my mouth is damnit!

2500 or bust!

androvsky

It's not like there's a shortage of PSP games that deserve a localization. :/

Anyway, went ahead and signed up for the UMD, even though I'd be playing it on the Vita mostly. I'm really glad you were able to swing digital copies for that. Is there any sort of ad-hoc support for item exchange or anything?

vireland

Anyway, went ahead and signed up for the UMD, even though I'd be playing it on the Vita mostly. I'm really glad you were able to swing digital copies for that. Is there any sort of ad-hoc support for item exchange or anything?

The PSP version has ad-hoc network support for trading items locally with a friend. Not sure how Vita emulation handles PSP networking. If it's transparent, it will be available on Vita as well.

700! 1800 to go. Come on GAF. We can do this!

PhysicalDriveMeter_700sml.png

vireland

Also, another thing that's extremely attractive about Class of Heroes is the future has already been written and we have a clear record of each game being better than the one before it, with the ratings to prove it. Every installment through Class of Heroes 5 has rated higher than the one before it. We're dedicated to catching up to Japan and crossing over to Vita or wherever with it as long as the very minimal level of fan support we're looking for stays with us.

vireland

Is there any possibility of setting up the soundtrack on bandcamp? I'd gladly buy a digital copy of the soundtrack as a way to help the project.

We don't have the rights to sell that and there's no time to get that ball rolling in the time we have left. The survey is actually going pretty well as it is, though. Looks like we'll end up in the mid-800 units after day 1, which is pretty good.

Top Bottom