• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited signups for Class of Heroes 2 [PSP] physical release [goal reached]

Teknoman

Is there any possibility of setting up the soundtrack on bandcamp? I'd gladly buy a digital copy of the soundtrack as a way to help the project.

Yeah the boss battle theme is pretty cool, but I dunno if there is much in the way of music aside from battle, event themes and town stuff. I think the dungeons are just ambient noises.

vireland

Yeah the boss battle theme is pretty cool, but I dunno if there is much in the way of music aside from battle, event themes and town stuff. I think the dungeons are just ambient noises.

There are about 30 music selections in the game, which is plenty for a soundtrack - there's just no time to do the licensing, etc to release one.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Also, another thing that's extremely attractive about Class of Heroes is the future has already been written and we have a clear record of each game being better than the one before it, with the ratings to prove it. Every installment through Class of Heroes 5 has rated higher than the one before it. We're dedicated to catching up to Japan and crossing over to Vita or wherever with it as long as the very minimal level of fan support we're looking for stays with us.

If support keeps up and you end up localizing the fourth game are you going to call it "Class of Heroes Final" even though it totally isn't the final game?

Because I think that'd be just ducky.

Takao

Banned
Now that Acquire has been acquired by a company with a U.S. branch has your communication with them changed? Still as seemingly progressive as they were?

vireland

Now that Acquire has been acquired by a company with a U.S. branch has your communication with them changed? Still as seemingly progressive as they were?

Gungho was already setting up the US operation (it wasn't public for a long time) when we were doing the CoH deal. Nothing's changed.

vireland

If support keeps up and you end up localizing the fourth game are you going to call it "Class of Heroes Final" even though it totally isn't the final game?

Because I think that'd be just ducky.

The "Final" was supposedly not meant to imply the series was done, but more like exam finals. Although the next Totomono game they released was Chrono Academy, a name I like a lot.

Noi

I was in for the deluxe edition in the original kickstarter, though my situation has since changed so I can't afford a physical release now. I'll be in when the digital one hits though, that's for sure!

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
The "Final" was supposedly not meant to imply the series was done, but more like exam finals. Although the next Totomono game they released was Chrono Academy, a name I like a lot.

But final exams are called final exams because they're the last tests you take in a given school year. The implication of the title is not changed in any meaningful way.

It's a completely academic distinction.

vireland

But final exams are called final exams because they're the last tests you take in a given school year. The implication of the title is not changed in any meaningful way.

It's a completely academic distinction.

Exactly. The circle is complete.

I also didn't know about the kickstarter and I backed Pier Solar HD / Eternal whatever. I signed up for 2 since I never bought any new WD games (sorry I was kid!) but have loved what I have played (lunar, vanguard bandits, Growlanser) and I gotta have my physical copy.

Most of that is long gone. I have some Popful Mail backliners, some DF memory card stickers, and some other odds and ends, but that's about it. At one time I had a few hundred of each warehoused, but when we went to one E3, my partner at WD (who was not a gamer) threw a ton of it away (including super rare even then Exile 2 foil stamped covers) to "clean up" the warehouse. I'm still ticked about it.

Those DF stickers are hard to come by on ebay. I recently decided I wanted a complete DF and have passed on 90% of "complete" auctions for not having it. I have seen some though and I'm at school and don't have my Saturn up here so I can wait for them to pop up and one will be mine.

vireland

So is this one of those things thats gunna be worth like $1000 in the future?

I sincerely doubt that, but I can say they will probably hold their value exceptionally well. Then again, I'm the moron that made 50-odd Elemental Gearbolt Assassins cases and only kept one for myself. Who knew it would be worth $3k+ in the future?

Teknoman

I don't want or need physical releases. So I'll just wait and get the game digitally.

I'll do what I can to support RPGs that come with color manuals...hell manuals in general in this day and age.

Doesnt hurt that Etrian Odyssey pulled me into first person dungeon crawler games, so now I want to give any that are supposed to be good a shot.

Amazon is not handling the shipping, they are only handling the payment processing. We are doing all the fulfillment (no Digital River, promise).

I need to buy the first one, but I signed up for the physical copy for sure. Thanks so much.

I work at GameStop so I will see if I can get my co-workers to buy the physical copy.

I'll do what I can to support RPGs that come with color manuals...hell manuals in general in this day and age.

Doesnt hurt that Etrian Odyssey pulled me into first person dungeon crawler games, so now I want to give any that are supposed to be good a shot.

Etrian Odyssey. . . Sadly I came into it late. I found a copy at a midnight release of another game. I must say the midnight release game is crap compared to Etrian Odyssey 3. Which is my first one played.

So many DS games I learned about in the past year or so I want but are expensive.

vireland

Vic isn't it odd to jump into a sequel without doing the original?

We did it with Cosmic Fantasy 2 - it was the better game. And in this case, the first Class of Heroes has some aspects that made it really annoying (i.e. not fun) to play that are fixed in CoH2. However, the original is available in English if you absolutely must play it. We just didn't do it.

The info has been up for a bit over 10 hours with very limited awareness so far and we have just over 500. Pretty encouraging.

Any plans to raise awareness for this? I've not seen it mentioned outside of NeoGAF.

Oh, and thank you for making the Sega CD something worth owning!

vireland

Any plans to raise awareness for this? I've not seen it mentioned outside of NeoGAF.

Oh, and thank you for making the Sega CD something worth owning!

Yeah, we're working on that now. Some smaller sites have picked it up, but we're working on increasing that. We're over 900 units of the physical+digital now, which is a good start for day 2.

And thanks for buying our SEGA CD stuff!

vireland

Ah, interesting - I didn't realise sony manufactured the cases themselves.

I haven't done packaged console goods for a while, and before we pushed to be able to do PlayStation fulfillment ourselves, which we eventually did, but in this case it's just too short notice and too small a run to do that. If we get this one to a physical release I'll probably work that direction for successive physical runs on coming titles.

Ni no Kuni, Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey 4, and Class of Heroes 2 - this is turning out to be quite the front-loaded year for RPGs. I want them all, but I'm not sure when I'm going to have time to play all of them. And then there's Soul Hackers in a couple months...

Good luck on rounding up enough preorders for a physical copy. I have no desire for one myself (I buy digital whenever I can) but I know some people prefer them. And I imagine it may turn into quite the collector's item 10 years from now.

Christopher

We did it with Cosmic Fantasy 2 - it was the better game. And in this case, the first Class of Heroes has some aspects that made it really annoying (i.e. not fun) to play that are fixed in CoH2. However, the original is available in English if you absolutely must play it. We just didn't do it.

That to me would be like playing eternal blue done by you guys but not the original lunar. I'm buying anyway because I love WD but I just thought it was odd doing a series that someone else did the original.

Maybe if all goes well we can have a WD version of the first :)

vireland

That to me would be like playing eternal blue done by you guys but not the original lunar. I'm buying anyway because I love WD but I just thought it was odd doing a series that someone else did the original.

Maybe if all goes well we can have a WD version of the first :)

Even if we had been with it from the start, I would probably have skipped the first CoH. It's just really, really annoying to play. The story is nowhere near as integrated as LUNAR, though. Given that we have 3 more CoH games ahead of us to do as long as the low minimum level of fan support we need to do them stays with us, the Atlus version of the first game will have to do for completists. One thing's for sure, if we can do them all, there will be continuity of tone from here forward, which is always nice. Making reconciliation decisions on place/race/etc names on CoH2 to match CoH1, where practical, was annoying.

update:

PhysicalDriveMeter_sml1000.png

Vamphuntr

How many souls of Atlus faithful will you require to license Growlanser PSP, Victor? I know a guy.

It would probably be really expensive to do. I doubt Victor would leave the voice track blank. That wouldn't seem like something he would do ;P

But hey I would throw money at that if it could happen.

cj_iwakura

I signed up. Sure, why not?

What's this about a Kickstarter thing?

They tried to do a Kickstarter for a deluxe physical release with snazzy Working Designs-style extras, it barely got anything.

It was poorly marketed and handled, sadly.

There was a stretch goal for a dub, too. With John Truitt.:(

And in a dreamworld, Kickstarter localizations could be a thing. Imagine the support.

vireland

Wow, if only the Kickstarter had this kind of hype. Glad to see some people still love the PSP.

Lower price point than the deluxe kickstarter is helpful, and I really think the Vita compatibility option only improves that. Also, either/or platform flexibility, plus a loving home for the series that will be completed as long as the fans stick with us at a base level are motivators. I'm pretty optimistic since we're almost halfway there after 1.5 days, but we have to keep the momentum up and keep getting the word out to make it.

vireland

Signed up.

And Vireland do you think Gaijinworks would do more PSP releases like this?

If we have the support of the fans, we're pretty much committed through CoH5. Of course, Sony could go Sybil at any time and quash that, but for now they seem to again have a supportive and dedicated group that "gets" us and what fans want, so it looks positive.

Hopefully it will get easier, though, once we re-establish a track record and grow more fans. Scraping to get 2500 physical copies spoken for is crazycakes.

vireland

How many souls of Atlus faithful will you require to license Growlanser PSP, Victor? I know a guy.

Pretty sure Atlus Japan isn't licensing out Growlanser any more. We've asked about various licenses related to Growlanser (plus PSN release of Growlanser Generations) and they aren't interested in talking about it. The fans clearly aren't a concern.

cj_iwakura

Pretty sure Atlus Japan isn't licensing out Growlanser any more. We've asked about various licenses related to Growlanser (plus PSN release of Growlanser Generations) and they aren't interested in talking about it. The fans clearly aren't a concern.

That's been Atlus USA's calling card for a while now.

Shouta

Woof. At least my work won't go in vain then.

Top Bottom