• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Line of Duty is fucking good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantooine

Banned
Another thing I love about this show is the long interrogations that can go on sometimes 10+ minutes. That might sound offputting but it really isn't, they're some of the most riveting, edge of your seat stuff ever and always have a surprise.

That's what makes the show isn't it? I was a bit disappointed in the first 3 episodes at the lack of interrogation scenes, then they more than made up for it in last weeks episode. Without those it would just be an above average cop show. Those interrogation scenes are so good because they take time, the acting is great and you focus in on every nuance.

I've missed the opening so I'll have to watch later on iplayer...

I'm a bit surprised they've gone back to the corrupt cop Illuminati storyline after this season has been almost a complete reboot so far.

That overly kean graduate cop in glasses is a bit dim and eager to please, isn't she?

If there's a corrupt cop in Huntley's department, I can see it being her.

I still think this is the case. Can't think of anyone else who it could be.

Assuming there's just one, I think it's him.

That overly kean graduate cop in glasses is a bit dim and eager to please, isn't she?

She's gonna be verrrry disillusioned in the next episode. Good candidate to go over to AC-12 in future?

I can't believe Huntley lost her arm, I did not see that coming

Also loving all the twist connections to previous series, excited to see how it all connects.

I'm a bit surprised they've gone back to the corrupt cop Illuminati storyline after this season has been almost a complete reboot so far.

If there's a corrupt cop in Huntley's department, I can see it being her.

Assuming there's just one, I think it's him.

Mercurio did mention it was a lingering thread and he wasn't sure when they'd deal with it, I guess now if Mercurio says one thing expect the opposite :p

Spectacle Cop seemed so eager and innocent early on and now she's either staggeringly naive, or staggeringly corrupt. It would be pretty interesting if the end of this season heralds the biggest shakeup in the core cast. That bearded one from Huntley's Unit might be burnt enough to go to AC12 next

Timbuktu

She's gonna be verrrry disillusioned in the next episode. Good candidate to go over to AC-12 in future?

I can't believe Huntley lost her arm, I did not see that coming

Also loving all the twist connections to previous series, excited to see how it all connects.

Just rewatched The Fugitive with Harrison Ford the other night and this reminded me a bit of that in a funny way. I didn't expect the one arm wo(man) and the sketchy friend from law school who would likely be the main bad guy here.

Not sure if the whole Maneet/Jamie thing will get resolved or hang over to next season, they probably don't have the time in the last episode and Maneet is out of the picture for now.

The 'H' being Hilton would be a bit obvious, mind.

slider

My wife's finally got me to watch this. Season One. Only two episodes in and, whilst there are a few bits that make me raise an eyebrow, it's gripping.

Thing is, I have to be in the mood for it. But hopefully will catch up soon.

My wife's finally got me to watch this. Season One. Only two episodes in and, whilst there are a few bits that make me raise an eyebrow, it's gripping.

Thing is, I have to be in the mood for it. But hopefully will catch up soon.

If you're gripped now, series 1 is just the warm up. ;)

Oh man, this is just complete insanity. DCI Huntley is listening in on a lawyer-suspect conversation, the suspect who is her husband and she's doing this fresh from having her hand amputated due to an injury she hid from everyone. The only way this could have been crazier would be if her hand had fallen of mid-interview.

holygeesus

Banned
If anything this series showcases just how damn efficient our NHS is, with patients having amputations and going home the same day, and cracking skulls from falls, and getting back to work within hours. It makes me proud.

timewyrm

Binged watched series 1 - 3 and the first half of series 4. It's like a goddamn hybrid of the Tales of the Unexpected meets a Series of Unfortunate Events!

Non-stop rollercoaster of action where things keep getting worse for the main antagonist in an almost unbelievable way.

Genuinely felt sorry for Gates, Denton and Waldron.

BTW, I think we've all understood the "xyz has a right to be questioned by an officer at least one rank higher" by now!

Binged watched series 1 - 3 and the first half of series 4. It's like a goddamn hybrid of the Tales of the Unexpected meets a Series of Unfortunate Events!

Non-stop rollercoaster of action where things keep getting worse for the main antagonist in an almost unbelievable way.

Genuinely felt sorry for Gates, Denton and Waldron.

BTW, I think we've all understood the "xyz has a right to be questioned by an officer at least one rank higher" by now!
Isn't it just wonderful? :D

near

Gold Member
Just caught up to episode 5, this season has been absolutely solid. Thandie Newton is such a strong calculated adversary, which makes it hard to guess how this will all end.

timewyrm

Just caught up to episode 5, this season has been absolutely solid. Thandie Newton is such a strong calculated adversary, which makes it hard to guess how this will all end.

Well, if the previous series are anything to go by then I'm thinking she'll get off...and then be killed by a freak meteorite. Actually, I think she'll stumble onto a running chainsaw.

Timbuktu

Well, if the previous series are anything to go by then I'm thinking she'll get off...and then be killed by a freak meteorite. Actually, I think she'll stumble onto a running chainsaw.

The last episode did quite well to make me feel sorry for her, for about 1 minute. She's had a terrible month.

timewyrm

The last episode did quite well to make me feel sorry for her, for about 1 minute. She's had a terrible month.

The only time I felt sorry for her was when
that forensics guy was hovering over her with the chainsaw. I saw her eyelids flutter and realised that either: a. she's a really bad actress, or b. she's about to get the chop

I'd be happy if the last episode was entirely based around AC12 trying to figure out whether the husband is lying or whether DCI BadLuck is...

Vic_Viper

So what are the best seasons of this show? Watched the first half of season 1 so far and I can see this show being good but it just hasnt grabbed me yet. Can I watch say season 3 without watching the others?

So what are the best seasons of this show? Watched the first half of season 1 so far and I can see this show being good but it just hasnt grabbed me yet. Can I watch say season 3 without watching the others?

The first three seasons are all connected so I wouldn't advise skipping season 1. Season 2 is the best season.

No, Season 3 has a lot of carry over from the second

The show really hits its stride from season 2, so start with that one, absolutely

IMO (having not seen the final of this season yet) I'd rate them

Season 2 + Season 3
Season 4
Season 1

in order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom