• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of PlayStation 4 Pro Forward Compatibilty Games

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Battlefield 4
The Division
Battlefront
Overwatch
Wild Hunt
Fallout 4
Ratchet and Clank
Rainbow 6
GTAV
Destiny
No Mans Sky

Those games get patches, and we are set moving forward.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
So, in this video, Richard (Digital Foundry) says that Last of Us will run at native 4K. A native resolution game is put into the disk or am I wrong? Just assuming, it's possible the project for the PS4 Pro exists since ever or what?

Also, I want Okami in 4K

Lime

So, in this video, Richard (Digital Foundry) says that Last of Us will run at native 4K. A native resolution game is put into the disk or am I wrong? Just assuming, it's possible the project for the PS4 Pro exists since ever or what?

Also, I want Okami in 4K

Native resolution has nothing to do with your hard drive.

SenkiDala

My wish list:

-Bloodborne
-Dark Souls III
-MGSV TPP (I know it's almost impossible...)
-Until Dawn
-No Man's Sky (the game really needs it)

But just give me BB and DSIII and I'll be very happy.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This means that the resolution in the game is variable?

What are you actually asking?

Last of Us remastered will be patched on PS4 Pro to include 4K 30fps as an option in the menu's, presumably also with HDR support

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
What are you actually asking?

Last of Us remastered will be patched on PS4 Pro to include 4K 30fps as an option in the menu's, presumably also with HDR support

I mean Last of Us is 720 on PS3, so they remastered to native 1080 for the original PS4. To play in 4K, you need only a patch?

Makes sense if they rendered 4k in every PS4 version, and you're running in 1080 because hardware limitations. Like Okami HD did, which is 4k but has downsampled to 1080 on PS3.

So it's safe to say that console games have variable resolution?

kevin1025

Banned
I mean Last of Us is 720 on PS3, so they remastered to native 1080 for the original PS4. To play in 4K, you need only a patch?

Makes sense if they rendered 4k in every PS4 version, and you're running in 1080 because hardware limitations. Like Okami HD did, which is 4k but has downsampled to 1080 on PS3.

So it's safe to say that console games have variable resolution?

I think it's going to be handled just like PC games. You can choose what setting you want the game to run at. But for 4K, they mentioned during the Playstation Meeting that it would recognize your TV and run that way.

Gitaroo

30fps mode was broken in LOU, clothes texture also don't wrinkle unlike on ps3; I hope the can fix it. They should also offer checkerboard 4k 60 fps with hdr. Probably best balance of performance and quality since the assets were made for current gen anyway, definitely not 4k.

Adam M

Battlefield 4
The Division
Battlefront
Overwatch
Wild Hunt
Fallout 4
Ratchet and Clank
Rainbow 6
GTAV
Destiny
No Mans Sky

Those games get patches, and we are set moving forward.

Older multiplayer games will unlikely get an update, Dice's focus is on the BF 1 now I guess.

Also GTA V is unlikely now that they announced Read Dead 2, would be cool though :)

Slixshot

Banned
I hope that the PSVR get's a ton of IQ improvements. It seems to bother more people than it does bother me, but I'll take a boost anyway!

DOWN

Banned
We need a thread That gives simple details about what they offer on the Pro version ("1080p mode with better effects, 4K mode for resolution" or "only 4K mode confirmed")

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I hope that the PSVR get's a ton of IQ improvements. It seems to bother more people than it does bother me, but I'll take a boost anyway!

It doesn't quit bother me, but when you see the difference between native games and downsampled games in VR, the diffference is tremendous.

It doesn't quit bother me, but when you see the difference between native games and downsampled games in VR, the diffference is tremendous.

Is this similar to watching a 4k video on YouTube on a 1080p screen? Just wondering because those videos look extra amazing compared to the 1080p ones. At least the nature stuff that I've seen.

III-V

We need a thread That gives simple details about what they offer on the Pro version ("1080p mode with better effects, 4K mode for resolution" or "only 4K mode confirmed")

Well, thats impossible to deliver. If you had been keeping up, you would have found that it has been stated in no uncertain terms that each PRO patch is puts the upgrades into the hands of the dev. We don't know whats going to get delivered unless we hear from the dev themselves.

The minimum is that all games must run at 1080p resolution on PRO at a frame rate equal to or greater than the OG PS4. In the case of multiplayer game, the nominal framerate cannot exceed the PS4 nominal framerate.

Is this similar to watching a 4k video on YouTube on a 1080p screen? Just wondering because those videos look extra amazing compared to the 1080p ones. At least the nature stuff that I've seen.

This can be a fair comparison depending on screen size, yes.

DOWN

Banned
Well, thats impossible to deliver. If you had been keeping up, you would have found that it has been stated in no uncertain terms that each PRO patch is puts the upgrades into the hands of the dev. We don't know whats going to get delivered unless we hear from the dev themselves.

The minimum is that all games must run at 1080p resolution on PRO at a frame rate equal to or greater than the OG PS4. In the case of multiplayer game, the nominal framerate cannot exceed the PS4 nominal framerate.

This can be a fair comparison depending on screen size, yes.
It comes out in a couple of weeks. We'll know the enhancements starting then and thus a running thread that gives details on what all the Pro features are for each game is possible

Not much different than the ongoing Xbox One backwards compatibility thread

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Lol your just seeing what 1080p should look like and it's still not BD quality.
I said this before, despite what Sony says to push 4k we have not even touched what 1080p can offer,the textures, particle effects aren't filling those dam pixels.
4k is a waste of resources in games.

Shoeless

It is getting one.

This actually got confirmed somewhere? I was unsure about this title since technically the original Japanese version did release before the "Pro compulsory date," so I wasn't sure whether they would either bother or be required by Sony to add a Pro mode for the Western release in February.

Though to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what can be done to noticeably improve the visuals considering the art direction.

Slaythe

Is it confirmed that if you don't have a 4K TV, the games will still use the pro features as in downsampling the 4K it for your 1080p TV ?

farisr

This thread shouldn't have been bumped. There are far better threads that are more up to date on this matter currently.

pahamrick

This actually got confirmed somewhere? I was unsure about this title since technically the original Japanese version did release before the "Pro compulsory date," so I wasn't sure whether they would either bother or be required by Sony to add a Pro mode for the Western release in February.

Though to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what can be done to noticeably improve the visuals considering the art direction.

I haven't seen a confirmation that P5 is getting a pro patch anywhere.

Inuhanyou

I think there was an Asian retail briefing where a load of games were listed as having pro support, I think Persona 5 was in that list.

Oh, that blue screen with all the game logos? That was not a pro support list, that was a promotional for all the games being available for PS4 in asia.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Oh, that blue screen with all the game logos? That was not a pro support list, that was a promotional for all the games being available for PS4 in asia.
Yeah this....
KH2.8_Pro.png

Oh :(

Why is stuff that was released ages ago like Yakuza 0 listed there then?

Inuhanyou

Yeah this....
KH2.8_Pro.png

Oh :(

Why is stuff that was released ages ago like Yakuza 0 listed there then?

Because its a promotional for all the games on PS4 in area, either released or coming.

Games like Toukiden 2, franchises like Idolmaster, Starwars and that Chinese one on the bottom right need all the representation they can get i say

Titanfall 2 isn’t native 4K on PS4 Pro, but has a more stable frame rate and resolution
“It’s a PS4 that’s faster. We’re able to increase the resolution, we have high-res shadows, and maybe higher particle counts. The frame rate is more stable; we have dynamic resolution scaling on all consoles, but it scales down less often on PS4 Pro to maintain 60 frames-per-second.”

When you’re making a AAA game, you want to be seen as a AAA game, and what kind of big budget game is not going to be seen on PS4 Pro? You really want to be up there. So when Sony did the unveiling, we just weren’t ready to have something to show yet. I was on phone calls with them, but the schedules didn’t line up.

All these changes detailed by developers sound so subtle, as if they're talking about a 10% GPU performance increase, not a 100%+ increase. I just find it strange given the big jump in GPU power of Pro.
I guess that depends from person to person. Downsampled clean graphics and a more stable fps, combined with higher res shadows and more particle effects sounds mighty fine to me. But i agree more can be done with double the GPU.

Is it confirmed that if you don't have a 4K TV, the games will still use the pro features as in downsampling the 4K it for your 1080p TV ?

If a game has been PRO patched, you will see the benefits on a 1080p display. If there is no pro patch, the console will run in legacy mode, ignoring the extra power.

Top Bottom