• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 |OT| A Platform For Games

Ranger X

Stampy said:
Yes, I see. :/

More closely comparing the cut out result in the video and in your levels, it is apparent that the cutter tool leaves too much material uncut. It doesn't create a 100% clear shape, following the edges of the sticker. Oh well, it will come in handy I guess, at least as a starting point, after which some ironing out will ensue.

Yes, it will at least save time.

Great job jump! :) Ah, Tuesday is so close now. I'm actually kind of shocked at how fast it's coming. Hopefully, with this LBP, I can finally make a decent level, instead of my just okay levels before. With all the new things added, I'm sure I will be more motivated. Maybe I need to start brainstorming now.

wouwie

Just pre-ordered this game. At first, i wasn't sure if i should buy it full price since i'm mainly interested in the story campaign which seems rather short again (which is a pity). But then i replayed some of the story levels from lbp1 and realised how much i love this game. So my first game purchase for 2011 is done.

Also, i managed to stay away from most media so i haven't seen much of the game yet. In future, i plan to do this for more games since it's so much more fun going in and not knowing what to expect.

boingball

Great OT, thanks a bunch!

Have the American CE pre-ordered since September, looking forward to playing it in two weeks (takes 5 days or so to come to New Zealand...)

My girl friend is more excited for this game than I am :lol...

Looking forward to adding the little Sack Boy & Book Ends to my den, hopefully they don't look to cheap in person.

AndyD

aka andydumi
DMPrince said:
when do amazon usually ship the game out? i got release day delivery.

Monday for a Tuesday release. Rarely do they ship before the weekend, but its been known to happen.

lastinline said:
Great job jump! :) Ah, Tuesday is so close now. I'm actually kind of shocked at how fast it's coming. Hopefully, with this LBP, I can finally make a decent level, instead of my just okay levels before. With all the new things added, I'm sure I will be more motivated. Maybe I need to start brainstorming now.
It's easier to approach versus attempting to shoehorn in some kind of wacky contraption to build a revolving door or a repeating emitter. It'll be cool seeing what the oldies and newbies bring to the table. =)

I really feel the quality of stuff put out there will increase. For me, the best part is I no longer have to adhere to the base physics and can go all out with my ideas. I personally never really liked making platforming levels in LBP1 so this game's create mode really has been a godsend to me. :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Devin Olsen said:
Looking forward to adding the little Sack Boy & Book Ends to my den, hopefully they don't look to cheap in person.

I will rage and firebomb Sony if the Sackboy isn't good quality like the picture. I've seen other plushies of Sackboy in the wild/being sold at Gamestop and they're no where near that quality. >:|

And I bought it for all the DLC costumes/avatars since I'm a DLC whore. :(

netguy503

MiamiWesker said:
Most hyped game for me in a while. Unlike the first game I did not get into the beta. I am super hyped. :D

I was in the BETA and I even missed donkey's Devil May Cry clone. How did I miss that? Oh well. I also wanted to play a game called Waterfall something that I never got a chance to play. What was that about?

Hows online play on this game? If it's as buggy and shitty as LBP1 then I'm just gonna pass. Great concept and design but the first game suffered from many issues.

^ It's improved tremendously over time in LBP1 so don't worry about that. They made internal efforts that have improved the netcode and whatnot.

netguy503 said:
I was in the BETA and I even missed donkey's Devil May Cry clone. How did I miss that? Oh well. I also wanted to play a game called Waterfall something that I never got a chance to play. What was that about?
No worries, it's coming back. :) As for waterfall, it was a quick little minigame where you dodge falling rocks while collecting points or something like that.

keyboard/mouse was taked out? that odd im sure it was one of the first thing that was confirm a number of times back then.

well anyway :) planing a big set of levels with full story but not rushing going to make it between smaller levels

The day this releases is the day I start a 10 week major at University. Great timing MM :lol

I didn't even like to sleep when LBP released, it felt like I was wasting valuable play time.

already done :)

what wrong with this sackboy?

e6y61y.jpg

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Won't have as much time to play right now but will definitely get it day 1 to support MM.
Good job on the OP.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
jump_button said:

Hahaha, what the hell.

He looks like Sackboy's, uh, "special" son. I guess Sackgirl should have layed off the wine coolers while she was pregnant with him...

Slaylock

jump_button said:

It's amazing the fantastic job MM did when creating sackboy, given how horrendous he looks with very minor variations. Cute turns to creepy in a heartbeat.

Kintaco

I pre-ordered the CE months back thanks to the hype from GAF and because it does seems like a rather nice CE. I just hope I don't get burned with not liking the game, I never played the first one.

just chage the old logic made easy for this i was tired the other day was never happy with the old one

logic_by_jump_button-d36x7r9.gif

i still would like somthing more funny but cant think of anything

ijed

donkey show said:
I also want to make a space harrier-esque level. Loved that game.

Sweet - I've got a rez-style shooter in mind and heaps of ideas using sequencers and also thinking about a random dungeon generator.

Q: Can you use the level link portals to go to other sections of the same level or link it back to itself so it resets the level?

Karish

I have not bought or pre-ordered a game in some time (been using Gamefly strictly)... but I just ordered LBP2 on Amazon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kintaco said:
I pre-ordered the CE months back thanks to the hype from GAF and because it does seems like a rather nice CE. I just hope I don't get burned with not liking the game, I never played the first one.

There's a demo for both on PSN. I suggest downloading it. And if you like it, buy LBP1 GotY and get Pirates of the Carribean's DLC after. All the stuff you get in LBP1 transfers to LBP2.

netguy503 said:
It's supposed to showcase all the new creation tools and give you a walk through on how to build some levels. Should be a good feature.
oh cool. didn't know. i hope the ugly sackboy that was in pulse isn't there :lol.

finally finished installing qore :lol.

nothing new if you were in the beta but you can see the stuff that's in the game. everything that was shown appears to be from the beta (from the "work in progress" bottom left).

Edgeward

Know very little about the game, as I want everything to be fresh and let me experience the story levels with no prior knowledge as the first game had spectacular levels. Can't wait to see what MM does with all it's new features.

Top Bottom