• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

Oni Jazar

slayn said:
They charged mine as well, didn't sound like its because they are ready to ship it yet though. The email made it sound like they just charged it asap and may or may not ship it when they feel like it =\

Yeah, that's the impression that I got as well. If they don't ship it tomorrow I'm going to have to call for a refund.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oni Jazar said:
Yeah, that's the impression that I got as well. If they don't ship it tomorrow I'm going to have to call for a refund.
Same here. I just could not bring myself to pay extra for two day or overnight. Too much....

tanod

when is my burrito
Oni Jazar said:

My experience with Newegg is that they do not charge until they have actually shipped the item. Newegg is very reputable and speedy.

The eminem section of that youtube video was absolutely hilarious.

Also, too good to be true! That TV spot is the best one Sony's done this generation so far.

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
I just got my God of War sackboy code in an e-mail from Gamespot... Can this be shared? If so, is there anyone who's getting the Heavenly Sword code (sorry, I don't know her name) that'd be willing to trade with me?

Damn Sony is marketing this game like crazy. I've been watching TV for about 45 minutes and I've already seen like 5 LittleBigPlanet spots. GO LBP GO!

magus

We need a thread listing GAF approved user-created Little Big Planet levels. Maybe this feature could be included in the OP?

DevilWillcry said:
Damn Sony is marketing this game like crazy. I've been watching TV for about 45 minutes and I've already seen like 5 LittleBigPlanet spots. GO LBP GO!

What channels? I really hope they're marketing to everyone.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That's a fantastic commercial for LBP :) I didn't see it on TV yet, but then again I don't watch it much these days.

Finally a Nariko download code is available in Canada, when preordered in Future Shop.

tanod

when is my burrito
Whaa? Did they stealth ship the game a week early like they did with R&C last year?

I'm gonna check my Gamestop and Walmart tomorrow.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Pai Pai Master said:
...not for sale, right?

RIGHT!?

Short version of the story.

I went to get Saints Row 2, saw it on a cart along with other games/movies to put out on the shelves. I went to pick the game off the cart, and saw LBP at the bottom of the cart. Just when I was going to take both games and go to the register, the manager comes over and says he has to see if he can sell both games. He goes to a terminal to try ring me out, it appears to let him. I think I am in the clear, but then the manager goes to Bestbuy.com and sees the LBP release date and says, "Well, looks like you have to wait a week. I better go lock these up. I hope no one sold any of these."

I leave with SR2, I had LBP in my hands, but taken away just like that. Honestly, I am sure other Best Buys around the country sold them. Heck, if the manager wouldn;t have stopped me, I would have bought it today.

dskillzhtown said:
Short version of the story.

I went to get Saints Row 2, saw it on a cart along with other games/movies to put out on the shelves. I went to pick the game off the cart, and saw LBP at the bottom of the cart. Just when I was going to take both games and go to the register, the manager comes over and says he has to see if he can sell both games. He goes to a terminal to try ring me out, it appears to let him. I think I am in the clear, but then the manager goes to Bestbuy.com and sees the LBP release date and says, "Well, looks like you have to wait a week. I better go lock these up. I hope no one sold any of these."

I leave with SR2, I had LBP in my hands, but taken away just like that. Honestly, I am sure other Best Buys around the country sold them. Heck, if the manager wouldn;t have stopped me, I would have bought it today.

:(

The Chef

permutated said:
CHEF, both these trailers have been removed, you should remove them from your post.

Gamestop 'Laws of Motion' Trailer
Walmart 'King's Garden' Trailer

Cool thanks for the headsup!
I'll update OP

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
tanod said:
Whaa? Did they stealth ship the game a week early like they did with R&C last year?

I'm gonna check my Gamestop and Walmart tomorrow.
My store got it early, but its still street dated (cant sell) till the 21st :(

rhino4evr

SO im sure this has been posted, but according to CAG Circuit City is giving a $15 Gift Card with purchase of Little Big Planet. Looks like I'll be canceling my Gamestop pre-order once I get the GoW code emailed to me.

The Chef

DevilWillcry said:

This makes me very very happy.

vdo

The Chef said:
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys.

For the level designs I was thinking about just making another headline for that and we can list them there? But I'm not sure how big that list would get.

Also for the reviews section. I was thinking I would use the graphic mainly for the "Big" reviewers like IGN, 1up etc and all the rest I will list below.

I'll fix that "?" for the chat icon too.

If anyone has any other suggestions or info to add to OP just PM me or post.

Just want to say great thread, as well.

I actually like Xenon's idea for keeping a list that seems like it could help to keep it smaller, while giving a way to easily drill down to a lot of levels. Instead of just listing every level, you could do two lists; one list is a top twenty, fifty or one hundred or whatever fits best - getting them listed in a few columns would really help allow the most. One thing that would need to be figured out is how to decide which levels go there - I don't know if maybe people suggest levels by posting them in this thread and then as the list reaches its max size, start dropping off the ones that have been hearted the least or something.

Then, like Xenon was also mentioning, also have the list of names that link to individual posts in this thread that users themselves maintain to have the levels they want to show everyone, (I like his idea of having the best of their level next to their name - maybe users could asterisk the level they want to have listed next to their name or something.)

Any level that had a Youtube video would then get highlighted with a link to that.

So it would look something like this:

Top Levels

LittleBigSausages.......................................Escape To Victory V1.1..............................LittleBigPhantasy Part 1...........................LittleBigPhantasy Bestiary
Points R us................................................GAF Sky Rocket........................................Wat? v 0.1..............................................GAF only! Playground
Package Panic...........................................A boy and his cube....................................All Quiet on the LittleBigPlanet..................Little Big Colossus .v2
etc...........................................................etc..........................................................etc........................................................etc.
etc...........................................................etc..........................................................etc........................................................etc.

Levels by User (click name to go to their level list)

Name......................Coolest Level
-------------------------------------------
Xenon.....................Wunderball vs Neo Gaf
Another User...........Their best level
etc.

Dante

DevilWillcry said:

This makes me :D Although I'm sad the commercials I've see haven't pushed the create aspect yet.

gbovo

Private Hoffman said:
The TV commercial is okay, but it does a poor job of explaining what LittleBigPlanet is about.

"The Youtube of videogames" should be a slogan
Nah, I think it's great. If they were to explain all there is to LBP, it may sound too complex for the mass audience that they're trying to appeal to, but if they just emphasized that no matter what you do in the game, "Fun Will Overcome™", I think that would send the message across in the simplest and best possible way they could.

Farnack

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
The TV commercial is okay, but it does a poor job of explaining what LittleBigPlanet is about.

"The Youtube of videogames" should be a slogan
Comparative statements are poor ways to market.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Dante said:
This makes me :D Although I'm sad the commercials I've see haven't pushed the create aspect yet.

I think they know that only 10-15% of the people buying the game will actually make levels so I think they are pushing what most people will be doing, playing the game.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
PLEASE don't let this thread be full of list spamming. Can't someone just set up a Wikia account that everyone can update and refer to?

gbovo

dskillzhtown said:
I think they know that only 10-15% of the people buying the game will actually make levels so I think they are pushing what most people will be doing, playing the game.
...and having FUN™. The simplest marketing message is usually the best.

vdo

sykoex said:
PLEASE don't let this thread be full of list spamming. Can't someone just set up a Wikia account that everyone can update and refer to?

Hmm.....yeah, I guess you're right that the thread would end up being too many lists throughout it. Having the info stored outside the thread would be better. Damn, and I took so much time setting up the example in my post.

Len1978

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=36275738&postID=5443785488605272897

(quote)
2- LBP- Admire it, respect it, think it is GREAT for game fans. I work with a great team to make games all day/all nite...last thing I care about- as much as I think it's very, very cool- is coming home and MAKING a game level...it's like: dude, ENOUGH! :) But I think it's still an amazing game...altho the Beta seemed to be trying a bit too hard to be arty and clever and creative...it was kind of shoving its vibe down my throat...not that I have not been guilty of the same in some of my games...but I found that part to be a bit much...but overall tho, still think it's a stunning achievement and it sounds like it is going to do just what gamers are hoping and creates a sort of youtube for games...love that!

Top Bottom