• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London 2012 Summer Olympics |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mexico took Silver in both men and women synchronized diving [10m]. China took Gold in both, but it's great for Mexico regardless.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I have a feeling the GAF Olympic newbies will love tae-kwon-do.

I think that if a lot of people complaining about the olympics in that other thread actually watched the right events and joined in on the discussion here, they'd be hooked.

I didn't really plan on watching a lot of it at first, but I did and now i'm enjoying all the different events so much.

ag-my001

My very first Wall of Shame! Wait...

Looks like we've got a short wait for the gymnastics final, a little archery, and then a men's fencing medal in a few hours to look forward to.

Hunter S.

I don't see how it would work, the fighters already take 4 month breaks between fights as it is.... Might just about be done by Rio 2016.

It wouldn't due too the term mixed, but hot damn it would be popular for the younger American crowd and in Asia. Brazil would go nuts!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I think that if a lot of people complaining about the olympics in that other thread actually watched the right events and joined in on the discussion here, they'd be hooked.

I didn't really plan on watching a lot of it at first, but I did and now i'm enjoying all the different events so much.

There's a thread full of people complaining about the Olympics?

I genuinely find this pitiful. The Olympics are the quite literally the best thing ever.

Zaph

How the hell does the camera get that pan shot of the front of the athlete just before they loose an arrow? It looks like the camera goes right between them and the target...

ghostmind

(Archery)

Ren Hayakawa (Japan) beats Ina Stepanova (Russia) to advance to the round of 16. It took the full 5 rounds to get the win, with it all coming down to the last arrow (9-9-9 vs 9-9-7).

fuenf

They couldnt have chosen a worse song than Chariots of Fire for the medal ceremonies. Just 4 days in and it's already getting realy annoying.

This. There's a lot more than just what NBC decides America (or BBC/UK, etc) needs to see. Just because the USA isn't featured or there aren't heavily-endorsed celebrity athletes in it doesn't mean it doesn't deserve to be seen. Some of the best drama and tensest moments come from the best of the best from other countries facing each other. That fencing debacle yesterday was proof of that.

I personally have been getting a kick out of watching canoe/kayaking, fencing, and handball. I didn't even know what handball was until I watched it, saw it was awesome, then opened its wikipedia entry in a separate window and started reading about it.

owlbeak

This dude on BBC main channel...please take that 1972 gold medal off your leg. I'M AFRAID IT'S GOING TO FALL OFF! haha

Big-E

This. There's a lot more than just what NBC decides America (or BBC/UK, etc) needs to see. Just because the USA isn't featured or there aren't heavily-endorsed celebrity athletes in it doesn't mean it doesn't deserve to be seen. Some of the best drama and tensest moments come from the best of the best from other countries facing each other. That fencing debacle yesterday was proof of that.

I personally have been getting a kick out of watching canoe/kayaking, fencing, and handball. I didn't even know what handball was until I watched it, saw it was awesome, then opened its wikipedia entry in a separate window and started reading about it.

Ya that one poster saying they only care about Olympic basketball is so sad. Basketball is like the worst Olympic sport because you have no drama. More drama in wightlifting than the basketball.

Angry Fork

Germany wins!!!

also for the new thread: australian synchronized swimming team:

1JO76.jpg

Why has nobody given names yet. I must know who the one on the left is.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm excited for the BMX events. One of the dutch riders participating grew up just down the street from where I did.

ag-my001

Bill Simmons just posted an article about watching Handball simply because it was nearby, having no clue what the rules were going in, and loving it. It really is a shame that there are so many events that would appeal to people instantly that are pushed to the side. At least we now have the option to stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom