• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lord Psyduck's SCEJ TGS Press Conference Thread [Over]

Callibretto said:
I still have no idea what they;re gonna talk about for their vita keynote, seems like the content for this press con is exacatly what the keynote is promising. are they going to just repeat what they've said here for the keynote?

Is the keynote specifically about the Vita? They've got a whole other system they could talk about. You know, the PS3?

Seriously, it's like Sony has already forgotten about the PS3.

Vita isn't doomed, but it ain't going to beat 3DS or match PSP sales on the back of its announced software lineup. Maybe FFX maybe-remake and the Kojima multiplatform title will be huge despite their non-exclusivity, I dunno.

theBishop

Banned
amz7s2.gif

LOCK

chubigans said:
That is an incredibly stupid assumption to make off of this press conference. Really, really stupid.

Anyways, holy crap I wish I didn't stay up for this. UI demo was nifty at least.

I want my hour and a half of sleep back Sony.
Not really that stupid. Nintendo pulled a one, two punch at its conference. Sony needed to fire back with something as substantial.

Kyoufu

Nothing wrong with the conference, except a lack of Monster Hunter...

They even SHOWED it in the video but it wasn't actually announced... NOT ONE MONSTER HUNTER name was dropped lol.

ymmv

Banned
airmangataosenai said:
All I'm saying is that heads are probably rolling at Sony HQ.... how the fuck did they manage to not only lose exclusivity of portable MH but outright lose the title? People will tell you the lineup looks good and it does, but it lacks anything resembling a killer app and now they don't even have a version of the game in any for for the foreseeable future.

There's a worrying lack of commitment from the big Japanese publishers. At least SE's going to put two new titles on the Vita, but the others are content to just bring games over from the PS3 or rerelease PS2 titles in HD with added trophies.

Where's the incentive if you already have a PS3? Uncharted for the Vita looks incredible, but that's about it.

StuBurns

Banned
lowrider007 said:
It was boring I agree but they did say they was going to be concentrating on the features of the system @ tgs a while back, this isn't just a games device, I'm glad I got to see more of the interface and features.
I expected it to be boring, I didn't also expect it to be crap. Spending what felt like a week talking about Kojima learning to copy and paste a save file? Seriously? If Sony had anything new and exciting lined up for PSV, they completely failed to suggest it, and after Nintendo ripped it up yesterday too. I was pretty surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN9REo4Le6g

jman2050

Somehow I think trying to compete with the iPhone/iPad head-on is a more dangerous strategy then just ignoring that market altogether ala Nintendo.

ReaperXL7

It never fails to make me laugh that people get mad, when these companies talk about the busniess side of things at these investors/ press shows to be about. These shows are to show investors why they are supporting the company it's not always about just the games, or directly about the gamers/customers.

They announced some great stuff, i'm interested in all 3 of S-Es offerings, although i'd like to see them, Kojipro, and we got some good announcements from famitsu.

Personally i'm glad we got to see more of the UI as that was a big thing for me personally. I'm also glad we got a firm release for Japan, I'm hoping for a march release. Right around income tax time would be perfect.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Boring, focused on the wrong things.

The games seem to be there* but they managed to avoid showing anything much of any of them?

* except MonHun, lol

Did Eurogamer get that right about 100 games releasing by the end of March? Focus on that SCE. Oh well, maybe Yoshida will.

Father_Brain said:
Vita isn't doomed, but it ain't going to beat 3DS or match PSP sales on the back of its announced software lineup. Maybe FFX maybe-remake and the Kojima multiplatform title will be huge despite their non-exclusivity, I dunno.

If Sony had any say in it, they reaaaaally should have tried to make FFX vita only. Having it on PS3 is going to negate almost all of that title's ability to sell vitas.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nintendos show yesterday was so much better. Even the after show, where they showed all the game footage was way better than all of this.... they talked about games by didnt bother to showm the to the stream watchers ? screw them....

iceatcs

Seriously I missed Montage. Not like Nintendo from yesterday which it is 5 secs trailer to trailer.
Just pure montage. Music B/G and multi-footage, hmmm.

Hope there will be lot of random montage in TGS. The tissue is already lied on the desk waiting for to get bukkake.

Bento

ReaperXL07 said:
It never fails to make me laugh that people get mad, when people expect these investor shows to be about them. These shows are to show investors why they are supporting the company it's not always about just the games.

They announced some great stuff, i'm interested in all 3 of S-Es offerings, although i'd like to see them, Kojipro, and we got some good announcements from famitsu.

Personally i'm glad we got to see more of the UI as that was a big thing for me personally. I'm also glad we got a firm release for Japan, I'm hoping for a march release. Right around income tax time would be perfect.
Did you play Lord of Arcana? :p

saichi

Acosta said:
Most boring conference ever. Who plans this shit?

So I guess that if Nintendo stock went down yesterday after showing a shitload of promising stuff, now Sony stocks will go up.

probably way up cause apparently this conference is for the investors~

Rueters Topic: A new dawn of a era for Sony with Playstation Vita

gofreak said:
Boring, focused on the wrong things.

The games seem to be there* but they managed to avoid showing anything much of any of them?

* except MonHun, lol

Did Eurogamer get that right about 100 games releasing by the end of March? Focus on that SCE. Oh well, maybe Yoshida will.

Yea something like 100 titles released by launch window... West launch should be packed. OK now Yoshida needs to bring the heat.

ReaperXL07 said:
It never fails to make me laugh that people get mad, when people expect these investor shows to be about them. These shows are to show investors why they are supporting the company it's not always about just the games.

What did you think of the titles S-E announced for 3DS yesterday?

OrangeGrayBlue said:
If Sony had any say in it, they reaaaaally should have tried to make FFX vita only. Having it on PS3 ihogging to negate almost all of that title's ability to sell vitas.

Yeah, remakes/ports already have limited system selling potential, and the PS3 version also being there might kill all of it. Which isn't good since it might be the Vita's biggest game.

OrangeGrayBlue said:
If Sony had any say in it, they reaaaaally should have tried to make FFX vita only. Having it on PS3 ihogging to negate almost all of that title's ability to sell vitas.

Japan will buy the Vita version, Western will buy the PS3 version

Top Bottom