• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lord Psyduck's SCEJ TGS Press Conference Thread [Over]

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
StuBurns said:
I expected it to be boring, I didn't also expect it to be crap. Spending what felt like a week talking about Kojima learning to copy and paste a save file? Seriously? If Sony had anything exciting lined up for PSV, they completely failed to suggest it, and after Nintendo ripped it up yesterday too. I was pretty surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN9REo4Le6g

What did you expect then? Sony have already announced a killer line up of games for the system.

Yeah, they should have shown more games. I'm more interested in that Vita keynote in a couple of days. Still wondering about the battery life and other stuff

Cipherr

ColtraineGF said:
NicoNico poll of the conference:
Very Good: 7%
Sort of Good: 13.3%
Not Really Good 26.3%
Bad: 53.4%

Wow. I just cannot believe that didnt at least mention Monster Hunter. Im sorry but that has to be pending for their conference tomorrow then. There is absolutely no way you allow MH3G and MH4 to be announced for the 3DS and dont confirm and or talk about the ones you are getting.

I refuse to believe that its 3DS exclusive, there is no fucking way Nintendo ponied up the cash for that.

Lesiroth said:
I just don't get how they didn't show anything MH related.

Well maybe they don't have anything to show. If Nintendo didn't mention straight up exclusivity, I'm guessing Capcom and Sony are still working out some things regarding that then?

As boring as it was, Vita's make or break isn't decided by this conference. TGS keynotes have been mostly boring for quite some time now really, this just joins the list of them (though longer and even more boring than usual).

BobTheFork said:
This is pretty much how TGS goes *shrugs*. People always seems to expect something more akin to a US games convention.

and yet Nintendo did better than there E3 conference

(then again Nintendo is usually M.I.A. from TGS)

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Do they even have a PS3 division now or did it just merge with the collection/Vita department? I want to see new games announced for the PS3. FFX in HD will be nice.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Furoba said:
100 titles in launch window? What more could you ask guys?

Yeah about that.... lets wait and see how that turns out.

But with all the ports/remakes, maybe it wont be that hard.

antonz

Cipherr said:
Wow. I just cannot believe that didnt at least mention Monster Hunter. Im sorry but that has to be pending for their conference tomorrow then. There is absolutely no way you allow MH3G and MH4 to be announced for the 3DS and dont confirm and or talk about the ones you are getting.

I refuse to believe that its 3DS exclusive, there is no fucking way Nintendo ponied up the cash for that.
I can believe it. Iwata pretty bluntly said in the last year that if it took moneyhats Nintendo would do it for proper 3rd party support

Xenon

Well kids you got a taste of what the business end of video games is actually like. Except maybe there would be more bar graphs.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Decoy conference finished.

Tomorrow is when they announce megatons. Hundreds of megatons.

Just you see.

You'll all see!

Boring conference for sure, but worst ever? Not even close. Apparently everyone's forgotten Kutaragi's keynote at TGS 2006. Holy shit balls, now that was dull.

FoxSpirit

casabolg said:
Famitsu today was better than the conference

Word.

_dementia said:
MH was present in the lifestyle montage video.

Yeah but... why not show any of that? Why not at least show what you have? How about the upcoming Ys?? How about anything?? Not even a 5 minute sizzler reel like at E3??

This conference was almost 90 minutes and there wasn't even a minute of game footage. Epic fail.

Yeah, will be interesting to see the stock reaction. Most investors are probably more interested in seeing them try to pretend this thing is iPhone competition.

Jin34

EatChildren said:
Decoy conference finished.

Tomorrow is when they announce megatons. Hundreds of megatons.

Just you see.

You'll all see!

Dream was the one dropping Megatons today in the OT.

antonz

DidntKnowJack said:
Boring conference for sure, but worst ever? Not even close. Apparently everyone's forgotten Kutaragi's keynote at TGS 2006. Holy shit balls, now that was dull.
Thats the thing though. Keynotes arent supposed to be balls to the wall exciting. Keynotes are supposed to be the more subdued environment talking about how 3G works etc

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
100 titles on launch window, great, but it seems to me that launch window is a vague term...

It seems that launch window is the period of time between launch and when the hundredth game is released...

Allard

BobTheFork said:
This is pretty much how TGS goes *shrugs*. People always seems to expect something more akin to a US games convention.

Seriously. Nothing ever big comes out of these TGS conferences from Sony or at least nothing like E3. SCEJ has always been the more business end of the company when it comes to presentations. I mean 4 years ago the biggest surprise they had in one of them was a price drop and the dual shock 3 and next to no games (Those were announced by other developers and shown on the floor later). I'm more surprised so many of you all were expecting the 'megatons' when the previous presentations were almost just as boring as this one.

The only thing this conference was supposed to be was about the future of Sony Gaming products and they had a lot of features of the VITA system besides gaming they wanted to officially announce to the masses or show off. The stuff that was announced before this conference is still happening, Monster Hunter 3 is still coming to the VITA (It was showed in one of the few montages they had for god sake). This was a business conference, unfortunately for the people that came in expecting E3, you got sorely disappointed, maybe next time you won't stay up so late for a pre-tgs keynote from Sony.

Also for those wondering about why Nintendo broke the mold... they don't officially participate in TGS, it was there big chance leading up to TGS to show off any of their first party product and it normally doesn't happen so its a fluke year.

I am still going to get a Vita but fuck for near 2 hours and all we got was less 3 mins of game footage
It's a fucking insult to gamers to make matters worst they don't have MH anymore and thats what did .

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jin34 said:
Dream was the one dropping Megatons today in the OT.

I managed to rub a few megatons out to that one, too.

ReaperXL7

Kandrick said:
Yeah about that.... lets wait and see how that turns out.

But with all the ports/remakes, maybe it wont be that hard.

Because the 3DS is not swiming in remakes it'self right? Or is that ok because it's Nintendo?

Just woke up and curious, if this was the expected boring Sony TGS performance as always.

Reading all the comments it seems that I was clever enough to stay in bed. Sorry, but I made the mistake to watch it live just twice in my life.

StuBurns

Banned
lowrider007 said:
What did you expect then? Sony have already announced a killer line up of games for the system.
I expected a single original previously unannounced 'AAA' title. One single game. And they managed nothing, in nearly two hours. That's shocking, especially after their competitor announced they have the most important third party handheld franchise in Japan the day before.

They don't even have the rumoured MHP3rd HD port by the looks of it.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Poor sony. they have the best hardware but...where is new japan games? so sad

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Between Famitsu and this conference, I think they announced about as many new Vita games as Nintendo did for 3DS yesterday. They just managed to do it in the most low-key, boring way possible. And lacked that one megaton Nintendo had.

Basch

After this conference, I honestly doubt Sony has any studios in Japan. What the fuck are they working on? Absolutely nothing new was announced for the PS3 besides FFX. I know this conference was supposed to be all about the Vita, but still. Nothing? What the hell are they doing over there? Sitting on their hands? I can't remember the last game SCEJ made. And no news on The Last Guardian either.

I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

Somnid

ReaperXL07 said:
Because the 3DS is not swiming in remakes it'self right? Or is that ok because it's Nintendo?

Not really, and the only port I remember from their conference was Monster Hunter 3G which is enhanced and a big deal.

iceatcs

It isn't worst but very boring conference.

Japanese culture need to big up more. Like stop to be over patient!!

ReaperXL7

gundamkyoukai said:
I am still going to get a Vita but fuck for near 2 hours and all we got was less 3 mins of game footage
It's a fucking insult to gamers to make matters worst they don't MH any that what did .
Sony i don't know how more stupid you can get .

It's a good thing these shows are not directly aimed at gamers than huh? These shows are to show investors their plans for the business side of their company. We will get footage,trailers, etc, from TGS at self. These Press events are not about the gamers.

Duxxy3

I think someone mentioned it before but it just seems like japan is stuck in the PS2 era and haven't been able to move on.

Basch said:
After this conference, I honestly doubt Sony has any studios in Japan. What the fuck are they working on? Absolutely nothing new was announced for the PS3 besides FFX. I know this conference was supposed to be all about the Vita, but still. Nothing? What the hell are they doing over there? Sitting on their hands? I can't remember the last game SCEJ made. And no news on The Last Guardian either.

I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

Is there going to be anything focusing on the PS3? WTF Sony?

Top Bottom