• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lord Psyduck's SCEJ TGS Press Conference Thread [Over]

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sony Japan should be banned from press conferencing.

gofreak said:
They just managed to do it in the most low-key, boring way possible. And lacked that one megaton Nintendo had.

But... the Nico Nico app!

BTW, shouldn't the PS Vita browser be capable of handling the Nico Nico website in the first place?

EXGN

BobTheFork said:
This is pretty much how TGS goes *shrugs*. People always seems to expect something more akin to a US games convention.

I dunno, last year Sony showed off some stuff. New Last Guardian trailer + release date (which ended up being wrong, but w/e), new Third Birthday trailer, announcement of Dark Souls, announcement of SOTC/Ico Collection, announcement of Dynasty Warriors 7 exclusive to the PS3 (in Japan), 3D support for MGSR.

In general, I remember there being a bunch of new trailers but they caught slack because they blacked a bunch of them out.

Way better than this year and it was half as long.

RagnarokX

iceatcs said:
It isn't worst but very boring conference.

Japanese culture need to big up more. Like stop to be over patient!!
No it's definitely the worst. Other bad conferences were at least funny. This conference was like watching paint dry on multiple walls with terrible segues.

Yasae

Banned
Art Teitlebaum said:
Just woke up and curious, if this was the expected boring Sony TGS performance as always.

Reading all the comments it seems that I was clever enough to stay in bed. Sorry, but I made the mistake to watch it live just twice in my life.
What made you watch it the second time?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I went to sleep before this happened? Seems like I did not miss anything.

Any good vita news or did nintendo outshine them yesterday?

gofreak said:
Between Famitsu and this conference, I think they announced about as many new Vita games as Nintendo did for 3DS yesterday. They just managed to do it in the most low-key, boring way possible. And lacked that one megaton Nintendo had.

Yeah, this. Of course, there's basically no megaton equivalent to a new MH (apparently).

FFX was certainly a surprise, but only significant if I gave a shit about FFX.

Didnt watch thsi obviously....but seems some decent games were announced. Despite all the theatrics, how many here are actually MH fans? I am not, so apart from the SE game with the unpronounceable name, there was nothing interesting announced for the 3ds yesterday to me.

Busaiku

Basch said:
After this conference, I honestly doubt Sony has any studios in Japan. What the fuck are they working on? Absolutely nothing new was announced for the PS3 besides FFX. I know this conference was supposed to be all about the Vita, but still. Nothing? What the hell are they doing over there? Sitting on their hands? I can't remember the last game SCEJ made. And no news on The Last Guardian either.

I'm going to go cry in a corner now.
There was Hot Shots Golf, Gravity Daze, and Kiroku the Brave.

Yikes, this was worse than I could've imagined. Even without MH, Nintendo's conference absolutely destroyed this.

B-Dex said:
90 are ports/remakes.
Andriasang's liveblog also said no release timeframe was given for the 100 games figure.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
StuBurns said:
I expected a single original previously unannounced 'AAA' title. One single game. And they managed nothing, in nearly two hours. That's shocking, especially after their competitor announced they have the most important third party handheld franchise in Japan the day before.

They don't even have the rumoured MHP3rd HD port by the looks of it.

Do you really care about MH? (if you do then fair enough) and you know Sony tend to announce their games early these days, should they of held back and announced say uncharted @ tgs as a megaton to make everyone happy?, I don't see the difference myself, were getting the games.

An announcement of a big original IP would of been nice but I don't think we're starved of software, and although maybe it could of been done better I think it was important for them to explore the features of the system, it's obvious from what he was saying that they want to at least tread lightly on Apples toes.

The thing is as always people get too hyped about these conferences and are inevitably let down.

RagnarokX

Tomorrow Sony will finally drop the bomb: they are teaming up with nico nico to stream text comments across your games while you play!

ReaperXL07 said:
It's a good thing these shows are not directly aimed at gamers than huh? These shows are to show investors their plans for the business side of their company. We will get footage,trailers, etc, from TGS at self. These Press events are not about the gamers.

So are investor going to be happy that people that have to buy the system saw nothing worth playing on it .
That they lost the reason psp came back to life in Japan .
Talking about 3g and multitasking which can be done on everything else now.

Tenck said:
You could probably count the ports with both hands that are on the 3DS.

and even besides that it's a terrible argument

guy 1: hey system A has X!
guy 2: You act like system B doesn't have X!

Anyways I already had like 12 games announced already I wanted before this even started and there isn't much more japanese games I still want for it , so I'm not too disappointed.

Ratrat

RagnarokX said:
Tomorrow Sony will finally drop the bomb: they are teaming up with nico nico to stream text comments across your games while you play!
lol

The conference was embarrassing, awkward, desperate and just sad. I am in shock.

antonz

lunchwithyuzo said:
Yikes, this was worse than I could've imagined. Even without MH, Nintendo's conference absolutely destroyed this.

Andriasang's liveblog also said no release timeframe was given for the 100 games figure.
Indeed the 100 titles was actually just Sony saying over 100 titles in development for Vita.

iceatcs

RagnarokX said:
No it's definitely the worst. Other bad conferences were at least funny. This conference was like watching paint dry on multiple walls with terrible segues.
Aye very boring but it's not definitely the worst (No one forgive the E308). Only when it worse if there is no information at all, or with tech demo just like if Wii U in the small part of the last E3 was a whole show.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
RagnarokX said:
I can't wait to see a stream of

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

and

すごい すごい すごい 88888888

running across my screen when I play.

Andrefpvs

3uSrWl.jpg

SamBishop

Banned
MThanded said:
I went to sleep before this happened? Seems like I did not miss anything.

Any good vita news or did nintendo outshine them yesterday?

Nintendo was the VY Canis Majoris situated about .2 microns from your eyeballs compared to this.

In fact, Nintendo was the example of how a reveal of software was supposed to go, and this was... I don't... I... Brain... Folding...

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I will never, ever understand how Sony works. 15 years of covering their stuff and they still amaze me. There are big, big games coming that they could have easily slipped into that non-showing of actual footage. It would be text for fuck's sake!

yurinka

The OP lacks the biggest new of the conference:
The next Hideo Kojima game, the first using the Fox Engine, will be released in both PS3 and Vita.
antonz said:
Indeed the 100 titles was actually just Sony saying over 100 titles in development for Vita.
IGN live blog (lol) said they were for the Japanese launch window (not release), but that they didn't specified.

Kandinsky

Kyoufu said:
Nothing wrong with the conference, except a lack of Monster Hunter...

They even SHOWED it in the video but it wasn't actually announced... NOT ONE MONSTER HUNTER name was dropped lol.
Exactly, this was so weird, i guess tomorrow is the day we see it?

Sony hasn't had a good press conference in maybe five years. At least it feels that way. Always so much hype, so little payoff. Fuck, higher some outside help at this point.

There are games coming, of course, but they just weren't really presented well here. Okay, over 100 titles in development, let's just flash them by really quickly here...

To be fair, the same was sort of done before 3DS's launch, with that big white sheet of game company logos. Was there a similar reaction? I can't remember.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SamBishop said:
Nintendo was the VY Canis Majoris situated about .2 microns from your eyeballs compared to this.

In fact, Nintendo was the example of how a reveal of software was supposed to go, and this was... I don't... I... Brain... Folding...

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I will never, ever understand how Sony works. 15 years of covering their stuff and they still amaze me. There are big, big games coming that they could have easily slipped into that non-showing of actual footage. It would be text for fuck's sake!

Yoshida's keynote tomorrow?

antonz

yurinka said:
The next Hideo Kojima game, the first using the Fox Engine, will be released in both PS3 and Vita.
pretty sure he teased that in the past too

yurinka said:

It will be released on everything. You won't need a Vita to play it.

yurinka

LeoStenbuck said:
It will be released on everything. You won't need a Vita to play it.
Not everything. Right now, just confirmed for PS3 and Vita. But this engine also runs in 360 and PC so they also may get it. No word about Nintendo platforms.
Kandinsky said:
Exactly, this was so weird, i guess tomorrow is the day we see it?
Capcom conference. I think it will be this Friday, but not sure.

Top Bottom