• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360) Official Japanese Release Thread

The 3rd part was awesome.

No frame rate issues, no pop ups, minimal loading so far.

The council was a bit empty though, lifeless... it's Jibral Castle (BD) all over again. :lol

methodman

Banned
Is there a lot of cities in this game? That's what I love best about most RPGs, because from the videos it looks like it's all about the battling.

L0st Id3ntity said:
No frame rate issues, no pop ups, minimal loading so far.

I chopped all the loading screens out of the videos...loading time times on averge of 6 seconds, which isn't all the bad at all.

I've got 2 or 3 video going up later on today, once I get home from work.

harSon

Banned
DJmizuhara said:
I chopped all the loading screens out of the videos...loading time times on averge of 6 seconds, which isn't all the bad at all.

Great job with the videos, makes the 3 month a wait a little more bearable :p

SPEA

DJmizuhara said:

So. Hows the game?

SPEA said:
So. Hows the game?
To be completely honest, I just haven't gotten far enough into the game to really give an impression. So far, I've had like 8 battles and walked around the city talking to a bunch of people. So I haven't really done too much, the game is visual stunning and so far the story is pretty interesting. I'd rather keep my comments to a minimum, until I get a little further in.

DJmizuhara said:
To be completely honest, I just haven't gotten far enough into the game to really give an impression. So far, I've had like 8 battles and walked around the city talking to a bunch of people. So I haven't really done too much, the game is visual stunning and so far the story is pretty interesting. I'd rather keep my comments to a minimum, until I get a little further in.

fair enough

But I must confess - judging from the videos, this game looks awesome; really, really awesome.

SPEA

DJmizuhara said:
Cool Cool. Keep us updated as you get further along. And thanks for the vids!

MCD

I haven't seen texture pop in the first part, does that mean they chose longer load times over loading in game?

Acidote

The longer load screen I've seen on this vids didn't make even four seconds. I guess there will be longer load times anywhere else, but from what we've seen there, it won't be that annoying as some people guessed before.

wow, looks fantastic!

is there any pictures of the dvd boxset? i've read in other message boards that LO comes in a DVD boxset like a DVD movie collector's edition.

The first city alone looks bigger than all of BD's cities put together. :D

The game looks really polished and not rushed as some worried.

Now I want impressions, and part 5. :p

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Part 5 within the hour.
Part 6 later tonight.
I'll get the game on Saturday (hopefully) and I'll do some stuff too.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Fifth part is up :D
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5604_en.html

Dude!
790_0010.jpg

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Thanks for the video's guys, I love the music in this game.

Hunahan

Banned
McDragon said:
I haven't seen texture pop in the first part, does that mean they chose longer load times over loading in game?

Good choice, imo. Mass Effect's pop-in looks ridiculous.

FFChris

L0st Id3ntity said:
Part 5, the ending was hilarious, I laughed.

The whole thing was great, the voice acting is superb. The one thing I hated about FFX was the voice acting.

Plus, the sound, not just the music, is really good.

The artist for this series is incredible, I absolutely LOVED Vagabond. I'm slightly dissapointed though, apart from Seth and Kaim, I am really not digging the art design for some of the characters :(

Blimblim

The Inside Track
intheinbetween said:
wow, looks fantastic!

is there any pictures of the dvd boxset? i've read in other message boards that LO comes in a DVD boxset like a DVD movie collector's edition.
Courtesy of DjMizuhara
lopack1.jpg

lopack2.jpg

Acidote

I hope we won't get a shitty case like Blue Dragon's one with piled disks. And that box cover is much better than the european and US cover.

Orodreth

MicVlaD said:
Well that pretty much confirms the soundtrack will be fucking awesome.

Yes, the music track in the combat sounded gorgeous.

Dont like the heihachi-esque general much at all but everything else, and main characters specially, look really nice. And i liked the first dream/nightmare cutscene, the 1st person perspective.

Btw, so Jensen seems like a well rounded funny character without becoming an idiot, and overall the jokes are at least decent enough?

edit: i may end up getting the japanese version when it gets cheaper just for the box alone. I still have the blue dragon silver one, nicer than the us/pal ones.

llTll

Banned
is the game on 2 DVDs are 4? because if its 4, why there are no holes in the center for the remaining 2 DVDs. unless 2 on top of each other?

if so, then sucks. :/

Geoff9920

llTll said:
is the game on 2 DVDs are 4? because if its 4, why there are no holes in the center for the remaining 2 DVDs. unless 2 on top of each other?

I imagine the holes for disks 2 & 4 are on the sides that we cannot see.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
llTll said:

The other 2 DVDs are on the other side of each green flaps.

Top Bottom