• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360) Official Japanese Release Thread

Hunahan

Banned
I liked Cid better before he started wearing those ugly-ass sandals.

candals.jpg

Beezy

·feist· said:
I meant legal as in nothing shady. You can simply ask, present your case as for why they should honor it if there is a restriction, or go to management/call their corporate offices. It's all in your approach and how you present yourself.
Ah, I see.

·feist· said:
Ah, you live in the BX? I think there's one near Co-op and in the city there is (was?) one over by Astor like a block or two from Broadway near 8th. There are also some left in CT, LI and NJ, but I don't know if you want to go through the trouble of all the travel.
Yeah, the one in co-op city is the one I was talking about. They haven't had and Wiis or 360s for the past week. :mad:

Fady K

While Im not very fond of characters, there's no denying that this is one big RPG to look out for. I didn't fall in love with Blue Dragon's style and gameplay too much, but this looks like a much sweeter deal for me. Besides, being directed by Legend of Dragoon's dir and with art from the dude behind Shadow Hearts' art can never be a bad thing. Of course, Uematsu's involvement is special too :D

Definitely my most wanted 360 game right now. Picking it up for sure this Feb.

What the heck?

I just think her shoes are badly designed, not much else to say about that. Big blooming pants and sandals? Lost sense of fashion IMO. Probably spends all day every day in a library or a laboratory with all the other anti-socialites.

Fady K said:
You just want a new tag dont you :p

I don't see the big deal here. Every time I see a bad outfit it takes me out of the game. It's going to be distracting as hell seeing some horrific train wreck of an outfit while trying to play.

Fady K

PepsimanVsJoe said:
What the heck?

I just think her shoes are badly designed, not much else to say about that. Big blooming pants and sandals? Lost sense of fashion IMO. Probably spends all day every day in a library or a laboratory with all the other anti-socialites.

You just want a new tag dont you :p

harSon

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
What the heck?

I don't see the big deal here. Every time I see a bad outfit it takes me out of the game. It's going to be distracting as hell seeing some horrific train wreck of an outfit while trying to play.

You can't be serious, this is a joke right? :lol Didn't know fashion sense carried into video games as well...

Man I really hope this game turns out well. I was really following this like crazy at the beginning of 07, but things started to slowly bring my hype down between each showing. I'm a huge fan of Kaim and Seth and the general theme they have going, but when I really wasn't feeling the whole golden armor guy at all. Those scores are pretty good though, so hopefully this will be something to really look forward to.

harSon said:
Didn't know fashion sense carried into video games as well...

If you can win an oscar for costume design in a movie why should it be any different for videogames?

lyre said:
I don't really see the appeal of the game, even less the character designs. Only the guys are in armour, the females are scantily clad, and it looks like Gooch remade FF6 in 3d. Am I missing something? o_O

What? Let's see. Most of the females are in those outfits because they're mages. Ever seen a heavily armored mage? Neither have I. Also Seth has about as much armor on as Kaim(not much at all). I guess this probably has something to do with the fact that they're both um...Immortal so I doubt getting stabbed in the stomach is going to make them think twice about passing on the plate mail.

Remade FF6 in 3D? Yeah you're missing something alright.

lyre

I don't really see the appeal of the game, even less the character designs. Only the guys are in armour, the females are scantily clad, and it looks like Gooch remade FF6 in 3d. Am I missing something? o_O

ethelred

lyre said:

Yes.

harSon said:
You can't be serious, this is a joke right? :lol Didn't know fashion sense carried into video games as well...

Uh... of course fashion matters in video games. What is it exactly that you think character designers do?

I don't have a huge issue with the sandals, but oh my god, the racing flame kneepads have got to go. How atrocious.

MCD

lyre said:

and that's not bad at all.

ethelred said:
I don't have a huge issue with the sandals, but oh my god, the racing flame kneepads have got to go. How atrocious.

Indeed they look incredibly out of place. Also Ming's little skirt/belt combination is kind of silly looking. I'm surprised it doesn't fall down and trip her while she's walking around.

Also I find it rather confusing that while Seth's sword hand is unarmored, Kaim and Tolten's are both armored. Personally I'd prefer to keep my sword hand unarmored for more freedom of movement, while relying on the arm with more protection for deflecting blows and such.

harSon

Banned
ethelred said:
Yes.

Uh... of course fashion matters in video games. What is it exactly that you think character designers do?

You're trying to tell me that you would knock a game or better yet dislike a game for something as negligible as a bad pair of sandals? I can understand disliking a character design but not to the point where it effects a games overall fun factor. Maybe I'm just overreacting... just seems so insignificant to me.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
you people are weird, the designs look great for the most part (specially the adult females yum yum yum) the only one that looks lame imo is the bad dude, doesnt even look like a bad guy but maybe that is the point!

Kuroyume said:
Anyone trashing this game's character designs in favor of Nomura needs to have their brain checked for damage.

I was sold on the character designs since the very first trailer(yep, I'm even impressed by the silly helmet guys). However there are still instances where I'd knock it.

Oh and it's definitely an improvement over Nomura. I guess maybe that's due to the fact that he's been doing the same thing for the past several years.

MCD

The character designs are fine.

their outfits may look weird but maybe they will fit in the story/era.

the only one that looks lame imo is the bad dude, doesnt even look like a bad guy but maybe that is the point!

He is my favorite, back off!

Pterion

Darkman M said:
I might be wrong but Cid=Sed now? You console warriors love something to bs about wow.
Console warrior ? My life now has meaning. :lol

I only own a 360, so you can keep the fanboy comments to yourself.

ethelred

harSon said:
You're trying to tell me that you would knock a game or better yet dislike a game for something as negligible as a bad pair of sandals?

No. I'm not sure where I said that at all, actually. If you're trying to paraphrase me, I think you're doing a poor job! You expressed... oh, I don't know, hysterical frustration that someone would care about fashion in a game. All I did was reply that, well, of course it's an element that's worth noting. That's the character designer's job, to come up with the fashion and clothing in addition to their basic appearance. It's not what I consider the most important factor in a game's quality (I consider the overall art direction more important to me, personally), though.

Kuroyume said:
Anyone trashing this game's character designs in favor of Nomura needs to have their brain checked for damage.

There's only one person in this four page thread that mentioned Nomura before you did. Though frankly, the fiery kneepads are even worse than most of Nomura's stuff. A few additional belts would be preferable.

Error said:
you people are weird, the designs look great for the most part

I agree. Overall, I absolutely love most of the character design. There are some glaringly bad aspects, though -- nothing wrong with people saying that.

Error said:
(specially the adult females yum yum yum)

Heh.

ethelred said:
Though frankly, the fiery kneepads are even worse than most of Nomura's stuff. A few additional belts would be preferable.

The fiery kneepads are actually far and away my favorite part of Sed's design. :lol

WrikaWrek

Banned
I can imagine pepsiman in a MMORG like World of Warcraft...

"Damn man, where did you get those shoes? At a discount store? Lol, check out my shoes, this is what i'm talking about"

character designs are certainly interesting, specifically, the samurai guy with the staff...the bad guy I dont like though, not a very good design

Skilletor

Do we know any mortal characters? Are all the ones shown so far immortal?

The way it sounds reminds of me of the einherjar fodder in vp2 (not a bad thing).

WrikaWrek

Banned
Skilletor said:
Do we know any mortal characters? Are all the ones shown so far immortal?

The way it sounds reminds of me of the einherjar fodder in vp2 (not a bad thing).

I think only 3 of those are immortals. Kaim, Seth and Ming

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Kuroyume said:
Wow. Next time at least have the balls to call me idiot without veiling it :D

And I stand by that, Inoue drawigns of the characters are kickass, but I find the actual 3d models horrible, on par with FFX (worst Nomura work IMO), and definitely inferior to Yoshida's FFXII (except for Basch costume :lol )

WrikaWrek

Banned
DKnight said:
Wow. Next time at least have the balls to call me idiot without veiling it :D

And I stand by that, Inoue drawigns of the characters are kickass, but I find the actual 3d models horrible, on par with FFX (worst Nomura work IMO), and definitely inferior to Yoshida's FFXII (except for Basch costume :lol )

Yuck, no way in hell.

Zyzyxxz

Darkman M said:
Yeah but does it matter really?

try5b.gif

goddamn your avatar is so eye catching its annoying... she is not even a important character in the series yet and you made an avatar for her

ethelred

Yeah, see, uh, this is one of those instances where people think they can say objectively, falsifiably, factually incorrect things and then write it off as "Well it's my opinion."

No, it isn't. It's wrong.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
charlequin said:
No, it's a matter of blindness (or lack thereof.) If you think the 3D models are "on par with FFX" you need to get your eyes checked.
I'm obviously not talking about them graphically-wise, and I'm not saying their style is similar either. What I'm saying is that they score equally on my personal cool-o-meter gauge (low), which is below other Nomura work.
Of course we're talking on a level.. in an absolute scale of things, they're of course not bad. But being this the heavy weight it is, they don't look good enough to me.

Top Bottom