• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey (Xbox360) blowout in Famitsu (Demo Impressions Pg 6 / Post 278)

birdchili said:
i keep getting this sneaking suspicion that if you want to play all the great japanese rpgs this gen, you're going to have to own a heck of a lot more consoles than you've had to own in previous gens.

...and it looks like microsoft might have cornered the market on big budget jrpgs for the next year - is there *anything* on the horizon for another console that's been shown in anything approaching a near-complete state?

I'm sure, over here at least, there a zillion JRPGS, Final Fantasy XII even, still coming for the PS2. Next Gen, though, yeah I think they're running the table in 2007. Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect means Gold Subscriptions at an all time low. Multiplayer Is Dead. Long Live The RPG.

GreekWolf

:lol This thread becomes more entertaining every time I read through it

Ami ought to add "Tat meltdown numero uno" in the title. Seriously, I just don't understand the logic why it's bad to see fans of a rival console excited about an upcoming game. As gamers, everyone should be happy when a potential AAA title is headed our way. If Lost Odyssey does well, then it means more quality RPGS from Sakaguchi. And I can't possibly see how that could be a bad thing. It also ensures that Squeenix will be at the top of their game to answer Mistwalker's challenge.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
why must everything turn into a PS3/360 war bullshit? that shit makes these threads such a pain to read.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
why must everything turn into a PS3/360 war bullshit? that shit makes these threads such a pain to read.

WAGGLE WAGGLE I DONT LIKE WAGGLE AND THE WII HAS SHIT GRAPHICS AND IS OVER PRICEDEDED! FACT!

there - i completed the GAF triangle! all common sense disappears in the middle!

Odysseus

Banned
DCharlie said:
WAGGLE WAGGLE I DONT LIKE WAGGLE AND THE WII HAS SHIT GRAPHICS AND IS OVER PRICEDEDED! FACT!

there - i completed the GAF triangle! all common sense disappears in the middle!

At least you don't have to play this game with kb/m. Now it's a square.

So where's Enix?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I really believe LO has looked good since day 1 (music was so awesome in that E3 05 trailer), but I wouldn't even take a Tim Rogers preview seriously even if he was the last gaming journalist on earth.

Piper Az said:
Any possiblity that Mistwalker will be absorbed into the MGS family (a la Lionhead)?
Supposedly they aren't just making 360 games.

Joeroll

I just want to point out to the kids that music is subjective. You may like it, someone else may not. I believe he said something along the lines of 'its the best music I've heard in a videogame yet'. I've is the key word.

If he had said 'this is the best music EVER' then maybe you could get on his ass. But it was his opinion alone. Grow up and get off your RPG high-horses.

Aryuken

Banned
jj984jj said:
I really believe LO has looked good since day 1 (music was so awesome in that E3 05 trailer), but I wouldn't even take a Tim Rogers preview if he was the last gaming journalist on earth.

DS and Wii i believe.

Bodom78

ronito said:
Hay guys, what's going on with this thread?

Typical GAF stuff, Fonybots seem upset that the 360 is getting what looks to be an amazing RPG(s) and making usual replies you would expect on these forums. With the way the PS3 is shaping up, I guess they got to vent.

Youtube interview was great!, looking forward to more media and detail on Lost Odyssey

RumFore

Banned
Nice pics. If this game and Blue Dragon was on the PS3 and not 360 I think Japan would be going apeshit over it. So that argument of games not geared towards there taste can be thrown out the window if these two games dont move alot of console there.

RumpledForeskin said:
Nice pics. If this game and Blue Dragon was on the PS3 and not 360 I think Japan would be going apeshit over it. So that argument of games not geared towards there taste can be thrown out the window if these two games dont move alot of console there.

That pretty much says it all.

Winners:

Multiplatform gamers, as usual

Losers:

Microsoft Japan (these games cannot save you)
Sonybots (sorry, boys, you aren't getting a port of every great game this generation and you better start getting used to it)

RumFore

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
That pretty much says it all.

Thing is there are alot more than two games but there is always the argument that none of them is geared towards the Japanese beacause none of there have a 15 year old transvestite trying to save the world.

A great game is great game and the Japanese need to embrace games that are not made in there country just as much as the world does theirs. Kameo, GRAW, Dead Rising, PGR3 and many others are great games and should not be looked over just because there slanted towards the western culture or made by western devs.

jj984jj said:

Yeah, they can make games for handhelds also. :)

GameSpot: So the Sakaguchi titles are exclusive?

Yoshihiro Maruyama: Of course.

GS: Is Sakaguchi precluded from working on other platforms? Is there any reason to prevent him from creating a PlayStation 3 game?

YM: There is certain agreement between us, so yes. He will be working only on Xbox 360, but he might do something for handhelds, which is beyond our agreement. Microsoft doesn't have a handheld console.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6126352.html

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I played the TGS demo yesterday after all the hoopla and let me just say that for once in his life, Tim Rogers knows what he's talking about. Anyway, I posted brief impressions in that other trolly thread.

Sakaguchi + Inoue = OMGWTFBBQGG

PC Gaijin

I've been interested in LO since its unveiling, and I really want to believe, but...it's Tim Rogers. The guy's a moonbat, even though that Next Gen article read relatively sane for him (that stream of consciousness bullshit from the forum link is more typical of him). At least we only have a week until more impressions.

The thread that ManaByte started...jeez, can we have any discussion about this game without it turning into an absolute trainwreck of retarded fanboy system war bickering?

chespace said:
I played the TGS demo yesterday after all the hoopla and let me just say that for once in his life, Tim Rogers knows what he's talking about. Anyway, I posted brief impressions in that other trolly thread.

runaway.gif
runaway.gif
runaway.gif

PhatSaqs

Banned
chespace said:

Anything on Blue Dragon at all?

chespace said:

sorry, which thread is that?

edit: nm

chespace said:

Che played it?! :O

GreekWolf

He's probably checking with the "big boys" before making any comments. Don't want any ninjas visiting him tonight.

Or... it could be that his silence means something else. =/

Wait, sorry Chi, I didn't see that you actually gave somewhat-impressions for Lost Odyssey.

Whoa. OK, now if Che says Tim Rogers knows what he is talking about....:D :D :D

Although him not commenting on Blue Dragon is making me a tad bit skeptical. =(

chespace

Jesus, I'm trying to work and eat lunch here.

Blue Dragon is good. Graphics are simplistic and clean, but it suits Toriyama's style perfectly and the quality of the models combined with the post-effects happening onscreen really make this game look almost CG in real-time. Gameplay-wise, there are some pretty major twists and I certainly don't want to give anything away, but if you love Dragon's Quest style JRPGs, this is going to be a real beast. The game also feels very lengthy. That's all I can say without getting Tenchu'ed.

PhatSaqs

Banned
chespace said:

Blue Dragon is good. Graphics are simplistic and clean, but it suits Toriyama's style perfectly and the quality of the models combined with the post-effects happening onscreen really make this game look almost CG in real-time. Gameplay-wise, there are some pretty major twists and I certainly don't want to give anything away, but if you love Dragon's Quest style JRPGs, this is going to be a real beast. The game also feels very lengthy. That's all I can say without getting Tenchu'ed.
Thanks mane!

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
chespace said:

WOOHOO!!!!!!!

chespace

vspectra06 said:
How does Blue Dragon look in comparison to LO Che? Also, how close do the in-game graphics in LO get to the CG?

Totally different styles, both games look very next-gen.

In-game graphics in LO look shockingly close to CG. when the movie transitioned into gameplay, the seamlessness with which it happened literally shot chills down my spine. I was like, WTF....

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Che, I know this isn't related to what you do at all, but at this point I don't care.

You go, and you stab a few people, and you threaten a few people, do what you have to, but you make God-damned sure that the LO demo on Live in Japan is region free. You here me, ol' buddy ol' pal? :D

chespace said:

Groomsman.jpg

Top Bottom