• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Final Fantasy 7

Hojo is his father. He was born simply to experiment on. He has the cells of an ancient alien that exists for destruction, festering inside him, warping his mind. He was raised as a soldier. These things would break anyone. He's not just a man that got angry one day.

Not to mention seeing
that monster in the Nibelheim reactor
. What an incredible use of FMV. Super powerful and frightening image.

I really enjoyed
getting to know Sephiroth in the Cloud's past. He seemed like a sort of gloomy, no-nonsense guy who was also open to conversation from time to time.

The Kalm flashback was really something.

Falk

that puzzling face
did the PC version fix translations or just fix the errors?

also, how did they handle widesceen?

Translation is exactly the same.

Some grammatical things were fixed (This guy are sick)

Other grammatical things weren't (
Elmyra was cried herself silly
)

They didn't handle widescreen. :V

I started it on PS3 but I couldn't control it with the analog stick for whatever reason so I'll just wait for the PS4 version before trying again.

I could have sworn the PC version did some updates to the dialogue. I remember the swearing seemed changed up.

Like they used the whole "@!$#*" thing a bit more.

spons

Gold Member
Just learned Beta from
the Marsh monster (Zolom), just after the Chocobo farm.
Got it at the second try. Makes the first half of the game laughably easy but what the heck, it's still an incredible experience.

Junahu

Just learned Beta.
You could have just waited until you got the buggy and learned Aqualung instead. The effort needed to grab Beta isn't worth it, unless Dyne and Bottomswell are just that impossible without it.

Bought the PS1 version from the PS3 Store a couple of weeks back. Just started playing it yesterday, first time since 1997/8 when I first owned the game. Back then I vaguely remember giving up not long after exciting the city because I got lost in the big open world and couldn't remember where I needed to go/what to do next. I think it was somewhere on Disc 2 and I vaguely remember Chocobo's (sp?).

Any way, fell on Aries and got to the save point on the way to her house, I'll pick it up from there tomorrow.

I don't think its the greatest game in the world ever, buy it is extremely good despite its many flaws. I'm enjoying it.

Sojiro

Enjoy it OP, its a fantastic game, one of the most memorable ones. Its personally not my fave of the series (that goes to either VI or IX), but its one of the top ones thats for sure. I agree that the translation is a bit rough (a lot of squaresoft games for the time seem to be), but to me it only adds to the charm :).

Myriadis

Finished it yesterday. Liked it enough to play through it and it took me about two months, 30 hours playtime, to complete it.

The german translation is pretty bad, There are untranslated lines next to translated ones. Some areas were really difficult to run through (seriously, why does anyone want to have these static backgrounds after that?) and sometimes it's not clear at all where you have to go next. The sidequests are fun and it has some of the better minigames in the series.

I also loved the last scene
with Red XIII. The one winged angel fight was some bull, with that special attack animation being over two minutes long and unskippable.
Who thought that this is a good idea?

But all in all it's a good game, but I still prefer XII.

alife

Breed a Gold Chocobo then obtain Knights of the Round (Summon) and Mimic (Materia) when you can later on in the game.

plake

You're in for a treat!. Enjoy!

(I might double dip on the PS4 version for that platinum, assuming the price is fair)

Koozek

You're in for a treat!. Enjoy!

(I might double dip on the PS4 version for that platinum, assuming the price is fair)

iLmAyOFGnAGWH.gif

Top Bottom