• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

This was my first MGS game so I was like DAFUQ...

The cut scenes, characters, action, story blew my mind.

However, I did wish the game was longer, felt like I watched it more than I played it...

This was my first MGS game so I was like DAFUQ...

The cut scenes, characters, action, story blew my mind.

However, I did wish the game was longer, felt like I watched it more than I played it...

You probably did. It has nine hours of cutscenes. And that isn't counting the codec conversations.

DrD

I’ll always consider it to be a highly entertaining mess. Bought a PS3 for it with no regrets but it’s also one of my most disappointing games of all time.

MBS

Banned
I bet it's a lot of work.

Game was designed around the Cell like Naughty Dog's games.

If they could guarantee huge sales again I bet they'd remaster, but as it stands it was probably the last huge third-party exclusive.

The whole Uncharted trilogy was build around Cell, and it was ported to PS4 running miles better than PS3. Sames goes with GOW trilogy etc. If they want to do it, they will find a way to make it work just fine.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
The whole Uncharted trilogy was build around Cell, and it was ported to PS4 running miles better than PS3. Sames goes with GOW trilogy etc. If they want to do it, they will find a way to make it work just fine.

That's what I'm saying.

It's probably a lot of work so Konami will only have it done if they think the sales are worth it.

lantus

I've really been wanting to hook up the old PS3 again and load up this and the mgs collection and just go to town. My backlog is overwhelming at the moment though lol.

Drakhyrr

How nice, after finally buying a PS3 in the beginning of the moth, I've just bought the MGS Legacy Collection today. And the codes for MGS 1 and VR Missions still worked!

Can't wait to go through all of this. I've been a PC only gamer for most of my life and have never touched this series. I could have played 5, but all the comments about the story turned me off on it.

The final fight between Snake and Liquid Ocelot is one of the best encounters in video games IMO. The way it goes through each of the previous game's iterations of that legendary rivalry, playing the theme music from each game.

sogood.gif

Strike

The best (and worst of MGS) in one extravagant, bloated, wonderful package. The intro where you can flip channels through the world's fake programming, the multiple installs, the 45 minute long cutscenes, the insane weapon customization, the fanservice, oh man, the fanservice. It didn't really add anything new, but it refined the series traditional gameplay to near perfection. I definitely had some issues with the story (it definitely needed editing), but I can definitely admire Kojima's efforts to incorporate the series 20 years of material mostly successfully when most developers wouldn't even try. The video game equivalent reminiscent of the auteur driven epics of the "New Hollywood" era. There was no game like it before or since. The fact that a game like that even exists at all is an achievement in itself. A physically and emotionally draining experience. It certainly not my favorite Metal Gear, but it was well deserving of GAF's GOTY...twice. I don't really have any desire to play again, but if it were to get a FOX engine remake, I might reconsider.

Such an amazing game, I loved it start to finish. The easter eggs and fan service especially are fantastic.

If they ever do a remaster, I will buy it wholeheartedly.

I haven't played it since 2008 so I don't know how it holds up but I remember loving it when it first came out. Wish PS4 was backwards compatible so I could replay it.

Terrible. Everything was nanomachines, that annoying little girl (Olga's child), Meryl marrying a joke character...

Terrible all around.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Best ending in a video game ever.

"I've never thought of you as a son, but I always respected you as a solider.... and as a man."

"If you had been in my place back then, maybe you wouldn't have made the same mistakes I did. Ever since the day I killed The Boss with my own hands...

...I was already dead."

Metal Gear Solid 4 Soundtrack: Father and Son

iqwe-d.gif

db9.png

Last time I checked I was on my 18th playthrough. Loved the game,loved the ending. Shit fucked me up when Snake put that gun in his mouth and then the shot rings out...eyes teared up a bit,stomach instantly felt empty,sadness swept over me,never got emotional from a game before. Good shit right there.

Top Bottom