• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LucasArts: "Amazing news coming Monday [...] awesome news for our old school fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

Banned
Minsc said:
How can this be an announcement of a new game when they said this announcement is not about any specific IP? An announcement of a new game is an announcement of a specific IP.

Unless maybe you are saying we're getting a spinoff series. Maybe a game from another PoV from an existing series?

XBLA full Lucasarts library this year :p

Minsc

Gold Member
MMaRsu said:
XBLA full Lucasarts library this year :p

I wish. They need to re-release all their back catalog, some of the prices are ridiculous.

$70 now for Curse of Monkey Island? I got it for $10 new, not too long ago. Demand >>> Supply.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
With all the current Tim Schafer love permeating through gaming culture, it wouldn't shock me to see Grim Fandango and Full Throttle see a re-release on XBL/PSN.

"FROM THE CREATOR OF BRUTAL LEGEND..."

Sqorgar

Banned
Minsc said:
How can this be an announcement of a new game when they said this announcement is not about any specific IP? An announcement of a new game is an announcement of a specific IP.
Two words: Kart Racing. I totally got dibs on Manny and his hot rod.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Grim Fandango without Tim Schafer is not Grim Fandango.

todahawk

Xater said:
This better be adventure or X-Wing/Tie Fighter related or I don't give a fuck.

Dreams-Visions said:
Remake X-Wing.

Remake Tie Fighter.

I would cry.

these.

pleasegodpleasebetiefighterpleasepleaseplease

That was my first ever pc game for my old 486. Burned through 3 joysticks playing the piss out of it.

Lucasarts can say as much as they like. It is when they finally produce something that will mean something to the true gamers, that is when things will matter.

Minsc said:

Because people either suck at reading comprehension, or just believe what they want to believe, facts be damned?

mclem

Up until the 'not a specific IP' think I thought it was just ToMI since that is due at about the time it was announced.

I'm going to take a wild - but so very awesome - guess at "SCUMM SDK". That'd be incredible.

Lord Error said:
I also hope it's one or more SCUMM games for Iphone, or why not handhelds and console download services. For Iphone, they would work really well on it (actually they already work well on it, but I don't feel like jailbreaking)

Exactly what I thought when I read this news. How about an official SCUMM emulator for iPhone that takes advantage of the iPhone 3.0 software and allows you to buy the games as DLC.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it's been Monday over here in Australia for the past 17 hours.

Just saying.

Jefklak

I was just about to post that, Rez.
Come on with the news, I'm excited!

I finished Monkey Island 3 yesterday (lol LTTP), secretly hoping for MI2 remake too.

ca0f4036818569c44c33be9ad46e112f.gif

legend166

Why do people want the back catalog of adventure games on XBLA?

PC or bust. Mouse > analog stick for point and clicks. Hell, Wii would be better. And don't give the "my PC can't handle it" excuse.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
autobzooty said:
lucasarts is based in america though, no? i was hoping for a midnight announcement.
I know, I'm just being an idiot

legend166 said:

PC or bust. Mouse > analog stick for point and clicks. Hell, Wii would be better. And don't give the "my PC can't handle it" excuse.

I agree. I am hoping a back catalog to Steam and GOG is what the announcement is but I doubt it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
autobzooty said:
God I hope they're rereleasing X-Wing Alliance or XvT to test the market for a new sequel.

PLEASE GOD

If they do this. Every single GAFer needs to buy at least 10 copies.

Judging by previous LucasArts talk in the past few months, I guess this will be confirmation that more adventure game remakes are on the way to XBLA/PSN/PC

GDGF

Soothsayer
Keyser Soze said:
Judging by previous LucasArts talk in the past few months, I guess this will be confirmation that more adventure game remakes are on the way to XBLA/PSN/PC

and surely Wiiware.

dmshaposv

Jefklak said:
I was just about to post that, Rez.
Come on with the news, I'm excited!

I finished Monkey Island 3 yesterday (lol LTTP), secretly hoping for MI2 remake too.

ca0f4036818569c44c33be9ad46e112f.gif

The pirate I was meant to be! <3 <3

I'd love to see a disc-based LucasArts collection. Around $50 for all their classic adventure games, plus maybe some X-Wing/Tie Fighter business. Maybe even updated with new Wii controls and an online battle mode.

Then make each title available separately for download on Wiiware/XBox Live/PSN.

This would make me very happy!

Goldrusher

legend166 said:

PS3 supports mouse & keyboard.

Lemmy Caution said:
I'd love to see a disc-based LucasArts collection. Around $50 for all their classic adventure games, plus maybe some X-Wing/Tie Fighter business. Maybe even updated with new Wii controls and an online battle mode.

Then make each title available separately for download on Wiiware/XBox Live/PSN.

This would make me very happy!

Impossible when they have the Lucasarts Classics line and suckers like me already bought them seperately. They make more money this way.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Ballblazer HD

Return to Fractalus: Behind the Jaggi Lines

Koronis Rift 2

The Eidolon, Director's Cut

BluWacky

DavidDayton said:
Return to Fractalus: Behind the Jaggi Lines

I LOVED Rescue on Fractalus (when I was about 5, sure, but still). Don't think a sequel's really necessary, though :p

And for the last time for people who don't seem to read the whole thread - THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOT IP SPECIFIC. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO ANNOUNCE A SEQUEL TO YOUR FAVOURITE LUCASARTS GAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom