• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LucasArts: "Amazing news coming Monday [...] awesome news for our old school fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could give a shit just announce it, prolonging announcement doesn't make your game any better.

I got my hopes up for Onimusha with that CAPCOM pre-announcement, that was my mistake. Won't happen again.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
BluWacky said:
I LOVED Rescue on Fractalus (when I was about 5, sure, but still). Don't think a sequel's really necessary, though :p

And for the last time for people who don't seem to read the whole thread - THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOT IP SPECIFIC. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO ANNOUNCE A SEQUEL TO YOUR FAVOURITE LUCASARTS GAME.

Of course not.

They'll be releasing news on a crossover game using elements from several of their classic games.

Ballblazin' Across the Fractalus Rift in the Eidolon: Starring Bernard and Zak

I can't believe I'm excited about a LucasArts announcement. I'm going to be so dejected when it turns out to be a Star Wars game.

bengraven

crowphoenix said:
I can't believe I'm excited about a LucasArts announcement. I'm going to be so dejected when it turns out to be a Star Wars game.

Yep. THOUGH it may be an X-Wing or Kyle Katarn game.

Or a adventure game megapack for the Wii...

GDGF

Soothsayer
Yeah, if it's not IP specific it's probably their older games being made available on XLA/PSN/Wiiware.

I can dig that!

bengraven said:
Yep. THOUGH it may be an X-Wing or Kyle Katarn game.

Or a adventure game megapack for the Wii...
Those would definitely be the two exceptions.

The Desktop Adventure pack?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Didn't they already announce new Monkey Island stuff a few days ago? I was expecting this to just be details.

No?

todahawk

LovingSteam said:
LOL its 12:15AM PST. We probably have at least 7 more hours to go, at the earliest...

I came in here expecting that.

Also, love your avatar (but i'd resize it before you get blasted)
garyhandtw6it7lh2.gif

Seems appropriate for this thread.

RPGCrazied

I thought they were gonna make an early morning annoucement on monday?

Well its 8:35am here. Where is Lucasarts located? I guess its only 6:30 there or something

DihcarEM

Dammit, i was hoping for a Force Unleashed 2 annoucement but it being awesome news for old school fans makes it impossible.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
LucasArts Twitter said:
Last hint: someone guessed it dead on. With that, I am off to bed. You'll know more in 12 or so hours. You guys are all awesome.
They posted this about 9 hours ago, so we'll have to wait at least 3+ more hours.

RPGCrazied said:

Well its 8:35am here. Where is Lucasarts located? I guess its only 6:30 there or something

"Last hint: someone guessed it dead on. With that, I am off to bed. You'll know more in 12 or so hours. You guys are all awesome.

about 9 hours ago from TwitterFon"

12 - 9 = ?

This isn't rocket science...

Chairhome

RPGCrazied said:

They're in California, near San Francisco.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
guys, stop getting your hopes up

please be something cool, please be something cool

Shiggy

Rez said:
guys, stop getting your hopes up

please be something cool, please be something cool

LucasArts at least tries to become better. They even cancelled Indiana Jones Staff of Kings of PS3/Xbox360 because it was such a mess.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Isn't there a countdown website?

TalonsOfJustice

Neo Member
Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi-esque fighting game?

Probably not, but the new Soul Caliber's star war's characters gave me a sliver of hope.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im pretty sure that anyway we PS3 owners are going to be dissapointed. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom