• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucifer |OT| The Devil Takes a Holiday - Monday, 9PM, FOX

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, just choked him out by the looks of it.

Lenardo

Banned
can lucifer not hurt himself?

that said, he walked through the fire- fully clothed- and all he got was a smallish burn on his elbow...his- and decker's- clothing were perfectly fine. the burns should have been to his lower body- legs...

About the same. If you didn't like the first episodes, I don't think you'll like the newer ones.

Basically, yeah. It's fun and entertaining, but it isn't what I would call "great television".

I liked the first episode, and the second, but then things started getting kind of stale. I tuned out after the wings episode.

The first one I didn't watch was the psychiatrist murder investigation.

Line_HTX

Lucifer ‏@LuciferonFOX 5m5 minutes ago

A deal with #Lucifer has been made. http://fox.tv/LuciferS2 #LuciferSeason2
tom ellis, Lesley-Ann Brandt, Lauren German and 5 others

Yay, at least it won't be one of those one-offs that FOX cancels fast.

KonradLaw

Great episode. Since the moment she shot him I thought it was her who made him vulnerable. The same way his powers don't work on her.. That fire in previous ep was a nice misdirection, but I figured out it would still end up like this.

Also props to the actor who plays that dirty cop, he really sells the terror of hell without breaking into a mess. Plus that dude used hotsauce to spice up the damn kimchi? Really a man who's been in hell and is not afraid of infernal fire.

And jeez. This show writers deserve a raise. The ammount of funny dialogue Lucifer gets every episode puts every other "procedural with snarky lead" show to shame.

We made a Rosmary's Baby :D
The devil has impecable gaydar :D
I know few folk who moved to Buenos Aires :D

I often laugh more during this show than during most comedies on the air.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah that was a good episode, even if we all predicted that she was the one. I thought it had to be her directly though, but I guess it's just her "presence" somehow.

Now the question is, why is she immune and why is he vulnerable to her? Maybe she has angel blood or something. :p Have we seen her dad yet?

KonradLaw

Yeah that was a good episode, even if we all predicted that she was the one. I thought it had to be her directly though, but I guess it's just her "presence" somehow.

Now the question is, why is she immune and why is he vulnerable to her? Maybe she has angel blood or something. :p Have we seen her dad yet?

Yeah. I think she's half-angel.

Fun episode. Interesting to see being around the detective is what hurts Lucifer.

Enjoyed the scene where the detective did a Lucifer "impression" with the lawyer

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
How many episodes have we got left of this season?
It feels like the show is building to a fight between Lucifer and his brother, but Luci didnt seem at all fussed that his brother just hired a gun to kill him (unless this is intentional to show that his obsession with decker is taking over)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Really glad we're getting another season, and I'm happy he's only vaunarable around her, so now he can get back to being a badass when she's not around.

Lenardo

Banned
bones was 3 or 4
castle was 4 full seasons before they were together, 3.5 for the romantic kiss (castle kissed her-mostly on the cheek - in the pilot)- end of season 3 for castle to say that he loved her.

We made a Rosmary's Baby :D
The devil has impecable gaydar :D
I know few folk who moved to Buenos Aires :D

I often laugh more during this show than during most comedies on the air.

You forgot,
The devil really does wear Prada.

Now it's getting more interesting. I can't wait for the next episode.

KonradLaw

Another very fun ep. Shame there's just one more and thank God (or rather thank the devil) that it will get 2nd deason.

Loved all the callbacks to comics. Lucifer is supposed to be blonde. OMFG :D

And naming the satanist Mark Carey :D

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah that was fun. I enjoyed the fight between the two brothers, it was cool to finally see them snap. And then look all ashamed like children caught by their mom after. XD

I was wondering when we'd get some "Satanists". I was hoping they'd make the distinction between Laveyan Satanists and devil worshippers, and while they didn't directly do that, they sort of did by having the lead dude not being an actual believer and Lucifer reading stuff about Satanic creed and being oddly pleased (sounds like Lavey's Satanic Bible, haha).

I don't think Lucifer's in any real trouble. I bet if he gets taken to court, he can just seduce the whole prosecution, judge and jury with his magic stare, lol.

And naming the satanist Mark Carey :D
Who is that?

Poor Trixie is left alone constantly. It feels like most episodes I'm wondering, "wait, who is watching her now?" No wonder the preview shows her getting kidnapped. Time for Maze to rescue her friend!

Piecake

Shows like this love dragging out their "will they / won't they" sexual tension. How long did the Bones couple go without dating? Like 4 seasons?

I think I am much more okay with this show doing that than the others because they built it into Lucifer's character that he simply doesn't understand those silly emotions of love, kindness, empathy, etc.

CoryCubed

Yeah that was fun. I enjoyed the fight between the two brothers, it was cool to finally see them snap. And then look all ashamed like children caught by their mom after. XD

I was wondering when we'd get some "Satanists". I was hoping they'd make the distinction between Laveyan Satanists and devil worshippers, and while they didn't directly do that, they sort of did by having the lead dude not being an actual believer and Lucifer reading stuff about Satanic creed and being oddly pleased (sounds like Lavey's Satanic Bible, haha).

I don't think Lucifer's in any real trouble. I bet if he gets taken to court, he can just seduce the whole prosecution, judge and jury with his magic stare, lol.

Who is that?

Can he scare the court though if Decker is there? It seemed in this episode he had to fake send Decker to the car so he could use his demon scare power.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Can he scare the court though if Decker is there? It seemed in this episode he had to fake send Decker to the car so he could use his demon scare power.
Oh right... but that might just have been his paranoia. He can't use his powers on her, but I'm sure he used his demon scare power on others when she wasn't that far around him? Or at least his seductive "tell me what you want" stare.

TraBuch

Banned
So is the second season gonna be full on supernatural where the devil and the cop catch escaped souls from hell? I miss Reaper.

Also, still kinda bugs me how Chloe is just completely disregarding everything weird that happens with Lucifer. Feel like she should be questioning things more when he literally disappears or when he gets shot and has blood all over him but is completely fine.

Pilgrimzero

I like the show but I'd like it more if I didn't have to compare it to the comic. Would have been better to never say it's based on the comic since it's so far gone from the book.

Also, I'm betting it's Lilith that's escaped.

KonradLaw

Very fun finale to a very fun season. Show turned out better than I expected and love the set up for what's likely to be Asherah as big bad in S2.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So is the second season gonna be full on supernatural where the devil and the cop catch escaped souls from hell? I miss Reaper.

Also, still kinda bugs me how Chloe is just completely disregarding everything weird that happens with Lucifer. Feel like she should be questioning things more when he literally disappears or when he gets shot and has blood all over him but is completely fine.

He should just go full devil face at this point, it's silly how he clearly gets gut shot in front of her and it doesn't strike her as odd that he's fine.

Radec

Wait a sec. Why aren't these cops making a huge deal out of Lucy and Amenediel showing their powers and such right on their faces?

Wait a sec. Why aren't these cops making a huge deal out of Lucy and Amenediel showing their powers and such right on their faces?
Probably because there's just too much to figure out and they have crime to beat. I mean there could be a trapdoor behind the bar in lux. Lucifer is a quick cat.

The office with Dan the Douche though, he didn't have time to figure that out.

I'm excited for season 2.

KonradLaw

Rewatched the episode and really loved the fight scene. Mostly in how it showed the huge difference in personalities between them. With Lucifer having fun, playing around, making people hit their allies by accident, while his brother was just pure no-nonsense brute.

Apt101

I finally caught up. The last three episodes really stepped it up in pretty much every way, but especially with plot twists, the way Lucifer is essentially portrayed, and use of characters other than Lucifer and Chloe.

Top Bottom