• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucifer |OT| The Devil Takes a Holiday - Monday, 9PM, FOX

KevinCow

Banned
I just finished watching through the season on Hulu, and I'm surprised at how enjoyable it is. I mean at its heart, it's just a procedural with a colorful character, and there's not exactly a lack of those on TV. But Lucifer is just such a fun character. He's so arrogant and narcissistic, but there's not really any malice behind it, just obliviousness. He constantly acts like an asshole, but he's so likable while he does it. And Chloe plays a great straight man to his ridiculousness, calling him out on his bullshit when he gets particularly egregious, but mostly just rolling her eyes and letting him do his thing.

Not as good as iZombie as far as supernatural procedurals go, but it has potential.

Pickman

Woah wait this comes back tonight? I have seen zero advertising. I really enjoyed the hell out of season one. I know what I'm doing this evening.

Line_HTX

Tom Ellis has an amazing singing voice. I love that piano version of All Along the Watchtower.

There were a couple of stupid parts, but for this premiere, the funny parts outnumbered them. Best moment for me was Lucifer saying he imagined Maze and his mom in bed together.

"Great... Can't unsee." :lol

Wow.. could've sworn I saw the advertising for Tuesday's night.

Loved season one enough to watch it twice. Will check the Foxnow app to see if it's up if not I'll watch it on Hulu.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Nice premiere.

So Amenadiel is losing his power too? At first I thought someone in the police precinct had angel blood too (like Chloe who totally has that, we agree that's why she's immune to Lucifer's power right?), but it happened even when he was alone.

And Maz seems... off, too.

All related to Mom's return, I take it.

Edit: I didn't like how Chloe just threw away the blood sample because of that inane conversation about "faith" with the other girl. Like fuck off, she's a detective dammit.

Kevin

Premiere was enjoyable. More or less seemed on par with the season one stuff. So basically if you enjoyed season one then you will enjoy the premiere. If you did NOT enjoy season one then the premiere likely won't change your opinion at all.

This show is definitely fun and I missed it a bit so I'll definitely be sticking with it. A solid start.

Khoryos

So, I'm partway through the latest episode...

Ella is totally going to be his mom, right? First thing she does is hug him, was friends with an Adolf...

Sober

Nice premiere.

So Amenadiel is losing his power too? At first I thought someone in the police precinct had angel blood too (like Chloe who totally has that, we agree that's why she's immune to Lucifer's power right?), but it happened even when he was alone.

And Maz seems... off, too.

All related to Mom's return, I take it.
Amenadiel, I hope he isn't losing his powers cause he boned a demon.

Maz is actually interesting because she might just actually start becoming more human rather than just playing the demon. Like she might want to leave it all behind one day. The therapist helping her through it but unlike Lucifer she is trying to take some of her advice to heart right away.

And I don't think Chloe is angel or devil unless we're gonna do Nephalem or whatever next.

finowns

That episode made me laugh all the way through. 'Please.. don't let anyone.. know.. I died like this' lollll!

Maddocks

Amenadiel losing his powers is going to be a good storyline where we find out God is punishing him for boning a demon.

Are we ever going to get other angels showing up to shake their head at both of them? I would love to see another brother show up just to call them boneheads and screw ups.

Line_HTX

I really didn't like how Amenadiel was being super EMO the entire time and ignoring Lucifer. That was kind of dumb.

Maze is just amazing. Love that scowl on her face that she can't torture Mum.

"Bollucks!"

Hmm, that overhead shot of Mum, I thought that was just a promo panover. Maybe she's hiding more behind that devious smile?

Riddick

I keep getting surprised at how dumb this show is. No effort whatsoever to depict Lucifer or any other divine being as remotely different than humans, and the reasons they're doing that most of the time is for cheap jokes.

In this episode Lucifer kept getting shocked at his mother's sexuality, because, you know, supernatural beings would definitely have the same morals and way of thinking as humans, and especially the devil. Not to mention that his mother was just wearing that "human suit" as she called it. At this point Lucifer's personality is pretty much the same as an eccentric rich guy's. I wonder why I keep watching.

Pilgrimzero

I keep getting surprised at how dumb this show is. No effort whatsoever to depict Lucifer or any other divine being as remotely different than humans, and the reasons they're doing that most of the time is for cheap jokes.

In this episode Lucifer kept getting shocked at his mother's sexuality, because, you know, supernatural beings would definitely have the same morals and way of thinking as humans and especially the devil. Not to mention that his mother was just wearing that "human suit" as she called it. At this point the Lucifer's personality is pretty much the same as an eccentric rich guy's. I wonder why I keep watching.

And I'm still surprised this came from the Lucifer comic.

Where Lucifer wanted to rule Hell just to get away from his Father, and then found out God planned it that way so he quit. Not some weird mommy/daddy issue I hate being the bad guy.

I really wish Lucifer would be "the smartest and cleverest man in the room" instead of a snarky guy with truth telling powers.

BUT I do enjoy it for what it is, I just cant help but compare it to the comic.

Riddick

And I'm still surprised this came from the Lucifer comic.

Where Lucifer wanted to rule Hell just to get away from his Father, and then found out God planned it that way so he quit. Not some weird mommy/daddy issue I hate being the bad guy.

I really wish Lucifer would be "the smartest and cleverest man in the room" instead of a snarky guy with truth telling powers.

BUT I do enjoy it for what it is, I just cant help but compare it to the comic.

The show just feels focus tested to oblivion to pander to the lowest common denominator. It's disappointing how much potential the concept had and how much they ruined it.

sirap

You guys need to let it go :p I'd love a proper adaptation of the comic too, but lets be real...we're never getting that. We saw shades of it in Season 1, but with this season being a "soft' reboot I see them straying more towards something safer for better/stable ratings and the chance to avoid cancellation.

I really didn't like how Amenadiel was being super EMO the entire time and ignoring Lucifer. That was kind of dumb.

I don't think he was purposefully ignoring Lucifer, it's just that their "line of communication" doesn't work anymore because he's losing his powers. That's how I understood it anyway.

Top Bottom