• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucifer |OT| The Devil Takes a Holiday - Monday, 9PM, FOX

Epcott

What are the chances of seeing The Endless in this at some point? Because I'd love to see Death or Morpheus make a cameo.

Riddick

You guys need to let it go :p I'd love a proper adaptation of the comic too, but lets be real...we're never getting that. We saw shades of it in Season 1, but with this season being a "soft' reboot I see them straying more towards something safer for better/stable ratings and the chance to avoid cancellation.

I never actually read the comics, I just think the basic concept of the series had a lot of potential on its own even if it didn't follow the comics. The problem is that the show is mindnumbingly dumb. I'm half expecting God to show up as an old wise man with a beard and act all paternal and eccentric and shit.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't think he was purposefully ignoring Lucifer, it's just that their "line of communication" doesn't work anymore because he's losing his powers. That's how I understood it anyway.

Yeah, seemed obvious from how his time-stopping powers don't work as well anymore, and his wings are in tatters.

KonradLaw

If they can't get Endless in there they should bring in Constantine. Make Constantine guest star in every DC tv show :D

If they can't get Endless in there they should bring in Constantine. Make Constantine guest star in every DC tv show :D

I didn't know this was DC.

I'm really enjoying this show.

I love Deckers facial expressions when she's suprised or caught off guard.

Lucifer's mom (Millenia (?)) is freaking hot.

What's Mazes deal? I thought she backs Lucifer play no matter what, like loyal to the end.

I don't know how to spell Lucifer brother name but this season is making him interesting.

Lastly, Lol.. at Lucifer face when he realizes it's cocain at the fathers house.

New episode tonight, starting in seconds.

"Sin Eater." Lucifer and Chloe investigate a gruesome murder after a video of the crime surfaces on social media. When a second video appears, they realize they have a serial killer on their hands. Meanwhile, Lucifer's mom returns as Charlotte Richards. Also, Amenadiel, struggling with his loss of power, has an appointment with Linda.

I feel like the crime procedural parts have taken a real dive this season. Last week's crime and their solving of it was just dumb.

On the plus side, Lucifer's mom continues to deliver. She's surprisingly funny

fanboi

Banned
Wait, this is DC?

tumblr_lrjhiofp841r3opg1o1_250.gif

KonradLaw

I liked this episode quite a bit. Weak mystery, but lots of fun character moments.
"Cosmos are yummy" :D

Next week promo looks awesome.

MartyStu

Well fuck. That was a very well constructed hour of genre television.

Probably for the first time, I actually bought the idea of a celestial family. It totally worked.

I look forward to meeting Azreal.

Holy shit that was an amazing hour of TV, between the awesome action movie shenanigans and the main arc moving forward at light speed I am just stunned at how good a network TV show is.

Elandyll

Banned
Wow. Got to see
the real deal for both Maze (partially) and Lucifer.

Glad they didn't go full out Prince of Darkness on Luci, it would make the contiued relationship with the doctor stretching credulity.
Just horrific enough that it created a mind block for a moment (or so it seems).

Maddocks

Nice to really see him in all his glory and that fear the doctor had on her face. Got damn.

Hope he still continues to see her and that she finally realizes after all this time he is the real deal. This season is on fire, last season was a nice little simmer, but this one is really really good. Glad to see it get a full order.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Finally, someone (other than a random douche) will know the truth about him. Shit's getting real :)

I was wondering why he wouldn't just "come out" for real to Chloe yet, since he seems so annoyed that she doesn't take him seriously, but maybe he knows that doing the "face" thing would scar her for life, and he doesn't want that? I imagine the poor therapist is gonna be traumatized...

Lucifer is a Metallica fan, huh?
Fuck, I knew that piano song seemed familiar! Duuuuh

antonz

Show continues to be entertaining so glad it got picked up for the full season. Going to Guess Mother is planning something against Heaven. Slowly sow those seeds of revolt in Amenadiel etc.

Zafir

Yeah I've been really enjoying this season so far, so happy to see it's getting a full season.

Last two episodes have been especially great.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the therapist. I feel like that could just mentally break someone lol.

Show continues to be entertaining so glad it got picked up for the full season. Going to Guess Mother is planning something against Heaven. Slowly sow those seeds of revolt in Amenadiel etc.

Yeah, I've felt something like that might happen for a while.

Elandyll

Banned
Gotta say also as a big Maze fan the actress killed it in a very subtle way with her expression when she showed (half) her real face to Trixie.
This mix of relief and brief moment of happiness at seeing Trixie not scared of her was really good.

tmdorsey

Gotta say also as a big Maze fan the actress killed it in a very subtle way with her expression when she showed (half) her real face to Trixie.
This mix of relief and brief moment of happiness at seeing Trixie not scared of her was really good.

Yeah that was a good moment and probably gonna really endure Trixie to Maze now. That's what's nice about kids.

Also the music that's playing when Lucifer reveals his face to the therapist, is that a real song?

Pickman

Really enjoyed that episode. Seeing Lucifer unravel and then go to his therapist and finally make a "breakthrough",
only to have it leave her dumbstruck in terror
was really fun TV.

I'm hoping Chloe finally learns the truth of the matter this season.

Also the music that's playing when Lucifer reveals his face to the therapist, is that a real song?

Quails - High Hopes

Lucifer and Maze seem less demonic this season then the glimpses we got of their faces in season 1. I wonder if that was intentional or if they just switch makeup artists.

Top Bottom