• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lumines Electronic Symphony tracklist revealed

Suzzopher

Lumines Electronic Symphony: Q Entertainment’s Love Letter To Electronic Music

When we first began work on Lumines Electronic Symphony, we envisioned a game that would take Lumines players through a diverse but unified sampling of electronic music. This would allow us to entertain players and expose them to some amazing music. With that in mind, we gathered together a diverse array of artists who would collectively compose our “electronic symphony.” Below is the full list of artists and songs that will make up the 34 licensed tracks in Lumines Electronic Symphony:

“4 AM” – Kaskade
“Aganju” – Bebel Gilberto
“Always Loved A Film” – Underworld
“Apollo Throwdown” – The Go! Team
“Automatons” – Anything Box
“Autumn Love” – SCSI-9
“Bang Bang Bang” – Mark Ronson & The Business
“Celebrate Our Love” – Howard Jones
“Close (To The Edit)” – Art of Noise
“Disco Infiltrator” – LCD Soundsystem
“Dissolve” – The Chemical Brothers
“Embracing The Future” – B.T.
“Flyin’ Hi” – Faithless
“Good Girl” – Benny Benassi
“Gouryella” – Gouryella
“Hey Boy Hey Girl” – The Chemical Brothers
“Higher State of Consciousness” – Wink
“In My Arms” – Mylo
“Kelly Watch The Stars” – Air
“Moistly” – LFO
“Never” – Orbital*
“Out Of The Blue” – System F
“Pacific 707″ – 808 State
“Played-A-Live (The Bongo Song)” – Safri Duo
“Rocket (Tiesto Remix)” – Goldfrapp
“Sunriser (Publicmind Remix)” – Ken Ishii
“Superstar” – Aeroplane
“The Future of the Future (Stay Gold)” – Deep Dish
“The Sun Rising” – The Beloved
“What’s Your Number” – Ian Pooley
“Windowlicker” – Aphex Twin
”Wolfgang’s 5th Symphony” – Wolfgang Gartner
“Wooden Toy” – Amon Tobin
“Yesterday When I Was Mad (Jam & Spoon Mix)” – Pet Shop Boys
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/02/01/lumines-electronic-symphony-q-entertainments-love-letter-to-electronic-music/

There is a Q&A with some of the artists at the link too.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
“Higher State of Consciousness”? Seriously? This song *blows*.

The rest of the soundtrack - at least the songs I already know - seems fine to me, though!

Ridley327

Windowlicker is an awesome surprise.

This will certainly be the game to get when I get around to getting a Vita.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That's not a bad track list, actually.

Still, as much as I love Lumines, I'm not that excited for another one.

So, you want Lumines 1 again?

I have not played any other Lumines after the first one, so honest question here... other than the music of each iteration is there anything different about the mechanic of the game? are there any new systems that make it more enjoyable gameplay wise, than the original?

I have not played any other Lumines after the first one, so honest question here... other than the music of each iteration is there anything different about the mechanic of the game? are there any new systems that make it more enjoyable gameplay wise, than the original?

Can't say, only played the first one ;)

Ridley327

Mechanically, not really, but the big thing they're doing with this new game is that they visuals are far more integrated with what's happening with the music and how you're progressing, thanks to having nearly all of the assets being rendered as polygons versus the sprites that they've been using. They've dubbed it "escalating visuals" and it's a really remarkable effect to witness.

Basically, if you're really into the whole synthaesia aesthetic that Q? has been going after, this sounds like it's going to be their most tightly designed effort yet.

friz898

Go look for the new vids to see about the visual change. Also two new special blocks. But like Tetris, they can only change it so much.

Mdk7

Lumines is my favorite puzzle game ever, i adore it (even if it's NOT a game you can play for a quick session, my average play is 1hr at least... :/).

I don't wanna buy basically the same game again, but i know i will, in a few weeks. -__-"

Yeah, even if the price tag is a bit too high, fuck me.

JPKellams

If you are a DJ or EDM fan, it's a pretty amazing track listing. Cool to see a few friends of mine have tracks make the list. :)

If you aren't... Umm... Yeah, you have probably heard 2 or 3 of those songs.

They should just have mondo grosso do everything. I don't know why they insist on wasting money on other licensed music. As evidenced by Lumines II, it's not like it helps sales.

Takao

Banned
Honestly, I'm surprised Ubi would take the chance again after the Child of Eden megabomba.

Could have been a package deal, or Ubisoft expects decent sales for Lumines based on it being a launch title, and the potential to port it to every device known to man.

Don't care for the Wolfgang Gartner song but it's cool that he's in there. I've never played Lumines, so I don't know if he's been in previously. Neat track list, I guess.

e7LKa.jpg

Ridley327

Don't care for the Wolfgang Gartner song but it's cool that he's in there. I've never played Lumines, so I don't know if he's been in previously. Neat track list, I guess.

Outside of The Chemical Brothers, Ken Ishii and The Go! Team, every other artist is debuting with this game.

Troidal

Only recognize 10 of the artists in that list. I have such shallow knowledge in this musical genre even though I like it to some extent :/ So I guess it's a good line-up huh?

Davidion

Only recognize 10 of the artists in that list. I have such shallow knowledge in this musical genre even though I like it to some extent :/ So I guess it's a good line-up huh?

It is a strange mix of some older electronic music classics, along with a bunch of cheesy big room hits from the late 90's-mid 00's, and...Bebel Gilberto. "Aganju" is a straight up lounge/tropic grade Bossa Nova song.

Random

Top Bottom