• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lumines Electronic Symphony tracklist revealed

see5harp

Not bad. I actually prefer licensed music in this case because even Bebel Gilberto doing modern day bossanova is better than some terrible emulated version of Bebel Gilberto.

Ridley327

tracklist looks fine to me. i was expecting really bad remixes of gaga to be thrown in there. or some ke$ha.

I get the feeling that the licensed tracks in Lumines 2 were the way they were simply because of Disney taking over for publishing duties.

Ridley327

I don't think anyone fully comprehends exactly how bad-ass Windowlicker is going to be.

I do! I do!

By the by, have they said anything about doing DLC for the game? Truth be told, I'd certainly fork money over for new songs and skins if they were the right kind of tracks.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I don't think anyone fully comprehends exactly how bad-ass Windowlicker is going to be.
It's not a cold, sunny winter morning if I don't listen to Windowlicker in my car. The sense of cold with the sun glare and with that song playing... it's one of the finer points of existence (puts monocle)

see5harp

It does seem like they made a conscious effort to put some old school classics on there with the Underworld, Air, and 808 State songs. I guess Kelly Watch the Stars will be one of those super slow holy shit I can't get rid of blocks stages.

Ridley327

It does seem like they made a conscious effort to put some old school classics on there with the Underworld, Air, and 808 State songs. I guess Kelly Watch the Stars will be one of those super slow holy shit I can't get rid of blocks stages.

Hahahaha, I know exactly what you mean. I am expecting to be this game's I Hear the Music in My Soul.

schwall20

Banned
So I'm still unclear, is this the FULL tracklist or are there going to be originals too. IDK how I feel about Lumines with no original beats.

So I'm still unclear, is this the FULL tracklist or are there going to be originals too. IDK how I feel about Lumines with no original beats.

They said in a tweet or something that there was gonna be 10 Q entertainment tracks,so i presume this is just the licensed tracklist.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Wrong Go Team Song and having Mylo on this means I buy this after all. WTF man, I was going to stay away.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
The addition of Mylo is raised my interest quite a bit. Wonder how they mixed it into the game.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I like a lot of the artists picks. I would have liked a different Orbital song. Ditto for Amon Tobin. I won't complain though. OST sounds really cool!

PS: Now I have Kelly Watch the Stars stuck in my head!!

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Quite, but it'll work brilliantly in a game.

I can only hope.

The 303 says shut up.

That's one of the most legendary electronic music songs, and I think it's a perfect fit for this game.

I dunno, I still think some other artists on the list - like Aphex Twin, the Chemical Brothers, even LCD Soundsystem - wipe the floor with Josh Wink's song. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

(you see, I even avoided the obvious "stroke" = "stroke-inducing" joke when it comes to "Higher State of Consciousness" :p )

Syn23

This is so good that I'm even tempted to give them 40 bucks for the game on day one.
I won't do that of course.

schwall20

Banned
They said in a tweet or something that there was gonna be 10 Q entertainment tracks,so i presume this is just the licensed tracklist.

Still weird how far this franchise has come, seems like its turning into electric hero, rather than lumines. I didnt like the songs in 2, they felt out of place, hopefully itll blend better here. But I liked Q's tracks because they were original and unique. I'm sure I'll dig this too, just saying, more Q tracks aint bad.

Davidion

I dunno, I still think some other artists on the list - like Aphex Twin, the Chemical Brothers, even LCD Soundsystem - wipe the floor with Josh Wink's song. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

(you see, I even avoided the obvious "stroke" = "stroke-inducing" joke when it comes to "Higher State of Consciousness" :p )

Hey listen the strokes are a part of the charm.

Empty

where's the mondo grosso

i haven't heard many of these but i like the aphex, lcd soundsystem, air and amon tobin cuts so i trust q's taste for the rest. now someone give me a free vita so i can play this game.

Ballistik

where's the mondo grosso

i haven't heard many of these but i like the aphex, lcd soundsystem, air and amon tobin cuts so i trust q's taste for the rest. now someone give me a free vita so i can play this game.

Yeah, someone give me a vita too so I can go and set the high score for the 60 second time trial. I really want to play this game..

“Disco Infiltrator” – LCD Soundsystem
“Hey Boy Hey Girl” – The Chemical Brothers
“In My Arms” – Mylo
“Windowlicker” – Aphex Twin
”Wolfgang’s 5th Symphony” – Wolfgang Gartner
e7LKa.jpg
Tracks I know and like.

8bit

Knows the Score
I really hope Amazon order my £4.97 pre-order for this, but I would pay full price anyway now. Add me to the Yay no Heavenly Star crowd, this is the soundtrack that Child of Eden should have had.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Tracklist is a bit all over the place. Out of the Blue and Gouryella? *scratches head*

The 303 says shut up.

That's what I love about the tracklist, it's a great mix of old and new... most licensed EDM soundtracks usually use what's currently popular so this is a welcome relief from that. Out of the Blue and Gouryella were 2 of the first MP3s I've ever downloaded!

Aeroplane, Tiesto, Corsten, BT, Faithless, Art of Noise, the Chems, Underworld, Orbital, Deep Dish, Wolfgang Gartner - fucking SICK. This is seriously making me consider a Vita.

Wow at "Higher State of Consciousness" hate. Overplayed song but still a classic, though my favorite Josh Wink song is of course "Dolphin Smack" ;)

Davidion

That's what I love about the tracklist, it's a great mix of old and new... most licensed EDM soundtracks usually use what's currently popular so this is a welcome relief from that. Out of the Blue and Gouryella were 2 of the first MP3s I've ever downloaded!

Aeroplane, Tiesto, Corsten, BT, Faithless, Art of Noise, the Chems, Underworld, Orbital, Deep Dish, Wolfgang Gartner - fucking SICK. This is seriously making me consider a Vita.

Wow at "Higher State of Consciousness" hate. Overplayed song but still a classic, though my favorite Josh Wink song is of course "Dolphin Smack" ;)

No excusing the mother of all cheesy trance tracks from the turn of the last decade, even with your name! lol

krYlon

Can I just say "Moistly" by LFO is an AWESOME track and I've had it on my Wipeout HD custom playlist for years now.
Actually the whole of that album, Sheath, is perfect for Wipeout.

Seriously, listen to it on youtube.

Even though I could think of a lot better Aphex Twin tracks, it will still be interesting to hear Windowlicker as well.

Pretty impressed by this tracklist.

aceface

This is an amazing fucking soundrack. "Always loved a film" is one of my favorite electronic tracks of all time.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm really amazed they didn't go with a more obvious pick for Air. I'm certainly not complaining!

They have so many awesome songs past their first album though, so that choice does seem a little safe.

Like maybe Surfing on a Rocket or Alpha Beta Gaga, those would have been awesome.

Goron2000

best junior ever
“Embracing The Future” – B.T.
“Flyin’ Hi” – Faithless
“Good Girl” – Benny Benassi
“Gouryella” – Gouryella
“Hey Boy Hey Girl” – The Chemical Brothers
“Higher State of Consciousness” – Wink
“In My Arms” – Mylo
SOLD!
jersey_shore_23.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I dig a lot of those tracks but is that all or will Q have some of their own tracks on there?

I thought Q are suppose to have some tracks. The preorder bonus for Amazon is 3 mp3s from Q, doesnt really make sense

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
No excusing the mother of all cheesy trance tracks from the turn of the last decade, even with your name! lol

I'm actually kinda excited about the massive popularity of WUB WUB dubstep because it directed a lot of hate away from overblown 90's trance, a genre I will always have nostalgia for! I'm not sure how much of a place bombastic tracks like Gouryella and Out of the Blue have in a game like Lumines, but I will say that the Aeroplane tune is a PERFECT fit.

Top Bottom