• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Luxury" music festival organised by Ja Rule turns into Lord of the Flies sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Banned
A bunch of dumb rich fucks scammed out of their parent's money by a hack fraud "artist" and his entourage of disorganised morons, stranded on an island and robbed of their valuables, living in disaster relief tents and eating plastic cheese, lured under the guise of a basic bitch Bahaman dance adventure.

This is the best unintentional living art installation ever.

Gawddamn at this ether LMAO

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The worst part about this whole thing is that it's made Ja Rule into some kind of joke.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Is there a good article summarizing the events yet? I know the basics but it would be nice to read something more organized/fleshed out about this disaster.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Everything I've read about Billy McFarland makes him seem like a career scam artist.

Searching 'billy mcfarland scam artist' actually brought up stuff about another shady operation before Magnises called Spling.

Searching 'billy mcfarland scam artist' actually brought up stuff about another shady operation before Magnises called Spling.

I've read about Spling but I'm still not entirely sure what it is even though they've signed up some big name customers. Everything related to Magnises/Magnises Air definitely seems like a scam though. Even the name "Magnises" sounds like a scam.

I've read about Spling but I'm still not entirely sure what it is even though they've signed up some big name customers. Everything related to Magnises/Magnises Air definitely seems like a scam though. Even the name "Magnises" sounds like a scam.

I hear those things are awfully loud.

cdyhybrid

Even pet Instagram accounts are clowning on them:

Po07iBm.png

Chittagong

Gold Member
https://twitter.com/20committee said:
Thanks to #fyrefestival we finally have decisive proof that entitled Millennials and tech bros are less competent & organized than Juggalos.

Brutal

“We started the website to test the theory that people were interested and it went from there. All of the sudden we had thousands of guests and we started booking talent, and we had a festival on our hands. So we thought, oh wow, we have to go solve all the logistical problems,” McFarland said.
"Dumbasses actually believed us and bought tickets. Fuck, now we need to set up a festival real quick."

qcf x2

Is it okay to laugh at this entire thing, including the people who were swindled out of $12,000? I mean, I feel like it's okay because if you can throw away $12,000 on something that promised to be so pretentious for somebody as irrelevant in 2017 as Ja Rule, your finances will probably be just fine. So I'm leaning towards that.

Having said that, even among fuck ups and con artist schemes this is just filthy. Everybody attached to the event is to blame.

Is it okay to laugh at this entire thing, including the people who were swindled out of $12,000?

yes. if you have $12k to spend on a single weekend, and you don't do any research whatsoever (it was public knowledge they had not payed any of the artists a month ago) you are literally too stupid to hold onto money.

A bunch of dumb rich fucks scammed out of their parent's money by a hack fraud "artist" and his entourage of disorganised morons, stranded on an island and robbed of their valuables, living in disaster relief tents and eating plastic cheese, lured under the guise of a basic bitch Bahaman dance adventure.

This is the best unintentional living art installation ever.

j76sWpU.gif

bman94

How the fuck did a damn 25 year old get in charge of hosting an enormous music festival? He obviously wouldn't have had the experience to run it so who the fuck would willingly put their faith in that?

As an European myself I agree that some people take the strugglewich meme WAY too serious.

This is true—I will never forget this:

People keep posting that Tri-Force Heroes meme picture while completing ignoring that the NoE version is dry, passive crap. Further, I can't imagine the Splatoon final boss in that dull NoE style. It must be as joyless as your sandwiches.
At least we can enjoy those sandwiches in peace without worrying if the police has decided to add us to their bodycount statistics.

It's like ... where did that come from?

Sounds like a bunch of ppl who wanted to flex on Instagram got fleeced. I can understand buying Coachella tickets sight unseen, it has a reputation. Who would spend money on this without lineup info? And just cause some celebs on Instagram talked about it?

Yeah, I have zero sympathy for any of these people. I am only saddened that Piggy didn't get killed in this version of the novel.

Well, the people in charge are legends, alright...

...for all the wrong reasons.

Seriously, I somehow managed to listen to stuff about this on my alarm radio this morning and the presenters found the whole mess to be bewildering. They also ended up moving on to making fun of Ja Rule.

Violet_0

Banned
It's just hilarious how identical that is to the European struggle-wich. It's almost like this whole incident was created just for GAF.
to be quite honest we would probably eat it without complaining, even though we might not be happy about the lack of butter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom