• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

i really want to know what capcom's excuse will be if they don't allow ps3 stick compatibility

I know MarkMan has shown support for the movement but it would kill potential sales for Madcatz me thinks..if we look at it from a business perspective they do have a deal in place.

What is the difference between these and the Chun Li sticks? I examined them and it looks like the new ones have touch pads and R3/L3.

From what I know the new sticks have the same improvements the Chun stick has but they also added the touch pad and extra buttons. The Chun stick is the same price as the new ones as well.

Some games have the TouchPad for reset in training and don't have the ability to remap it.

It's a convenience thing.

Kyari

It's nice to see the return of a mid range presumably not garbage stick with the Alpha.
I remember having the old SFIV standard edition stick with its sanwa imitation parts and finding it totally acceptable.

I know MarkMan has shown support for the movement but it would kill potential sales for Madcatz me thinks..if we look at it from a business perspective they do have a deal in place.

yeah, of course that would be the real reason, I just want to see what nonsense excuse they would use, especially after already doing it for USFIV

C-Sword

I don't trust the dpad on the fightpad, they should've gone with a traditional cross-shaped dpad, not sure if they tried to make one like the Xbox One Elite controller

Jagernaut

I was a huge fan of MCZ's small form factor. You know, the one they used first for the SFIV FightStick, then the TvC sticks for Wii, and finally the WWE BrawlStick. Super-easy to mod, super-portable, no compromises. Definitely one of my favorites.

So I'm kind of excited to see that they're releasing another small stick. But it's hard for me to judge exactly how large or small this one is just based on those pictures. My guess is that IF (and only if) they're using standard-sized 30mm buttons again, they ought to be moddable just like before.

Also: the MSRP on the BrawlSticks was $80 as well. Then, there were deep discounts around the time of major tournaments and/or holidays. Finally, they dropped to $30-40 when on clearance. So if you're curious about it, but not curious enough to pre-order, I'd expect that history will repeat itself. These might be good sticks to take on the road, or for the occasional Player 2.

I like the smaller sticks too. I bought a PS3 Brawl stick for $30 on sale and easily swapped in a Sanwa joystick and buttons. Except for the hideous art, that I never changed, the stick is great. I don't know if the new Alpha stick will be moddable.

El Sabroso

is the touchpad mapped right above TE+ and TE2+ ?

since that is the flaw of the previous TE models which lack of the PS4 select button (ps4 touchpad click)

Son Of D

Do Madcatz sell their stuff in the UK? Been wanting to get a Fight Pad for SFV. So unless there's one cheaper that's good I might buy one of these.

yeah, of course that would be the real reason, I just want to see what nonsense excuse they would use, especially after already doing it for USFIV

if they keep it 100 i'll have more respect for them but that aint happening.

So the ones with madcatz art are going to be cheaper?
oHM3bhj.gif

I'd rather just use my Saturn USB pad like I did in the PS3, Capcom,but my PS3 fight stick TEs will work on the PS4, right?

Skilletor

Damn, that's an insane deal. lol.

Okay, so they are very rarely on sale, but saying they dropped to half price after a couple years is incorrect. TE cases became collectible and have held their price over the years. The Fightstick Pro line is always on sale, but they're a cheaper build of stick.

But thanks for that, I hadn't ever seen a TE cheaper than 100. I stand corrected. :)

That's the Tekken Vs SF TE stick from Madcatz

So yes it's a TE for 80$ with a Cronus adapter too?

I'm obviously talking about The TE we're speaking of in this thread, not the fightstick pro line.

TheOGB

Banned
I was saving up for a TE2 anyway, guess I'll put aside an extra 30 bucks and mod it to look like the standard PS4 stick. :p

exciting times when an arcade stick thread provides good convos! man i hope SFV have tournament like lobbies like in vanilla SF4 but revamped.

C-Sword

The FC4 is good and durable?

Might consider getting it then when SFV hits.

Nope, the FC4 is not durable, I don't even use mine anymore, all fightpads suck

What I use is the Sega Playstation PS2 controller with the Brook PS2 to PS4 adapter.

Neoxon

Normally I'd be sad that I missed out on the TE2+, but SFV doesn't really use the touch-pad (or the L3/R3 buttons as of Beta 2). Plus it's WAY too expensive for my blood (I got my TE2 for $155). It still looks sick, though.

BadWolf

I've had the previous model and newest one and haven't had any issues. Used the newest one on the last beta and it felt really good.

I love mine. I use it for MAME games and when I'm too lazy to play on a stick.

Awesome, thanks guys!

Nope, the FC4 is not durable, I don't even use mine anymore, all fightpads suck

What I use is the Sega Playstation PS2 controller with the Brook PS2 to PS4 adapter.

I'll be fine with something that is easier to get and has 4 collar buttons :p

Dremark

Banned
From what I know the new sticks have the same improvements the Chun stick has but they also added the touch pad and extra buttons. The Chun stick is the same price as the new ones as well.

Some games have the TouchPad for reset in training and don't have the ability to remap it.

It's a convenience thing.

Yeah, I preordered the Chun Li one and preferred it's aesthetics but the lack of the touch screen is a strike against it. I'll think it over but I'll probably end up going for the new design.

It's too bad you got stuck with that one though, I've been in that situation a few times before and it always sucks.

C-Sword

Awesome, thanks guys!

I'll be fine with something that is easier to get and has 4 collar buttons :p

Might as well stick with the DualShock 4. The rubber holding the dpad on the FC4 is very fragile. I'd only suggest you to get one if you can find it for cheap.

There's also this model available

fighting-commander-for-playstation-4-playstation-3-438621.3.jpg

BadWolf

Might as well stick with the DualShock 4. The rubber holding the dpad on the FC4 is very fragile. I'd only suggest you to get one if you can find it for cheap.

There's also this model available

I bought a PS4 on Monday and haven't received it yet but was considering getting something for fighting games because of people saying that the DS4 has crappy build quality.

The reviews and impressions seem to be very positive for the FC4 from what I've looked up.

(I will be playing a ton of SFV and KOFXIV)

Skilletor

Not too sure about the Hayabusa, it has a nasty habit to sporadically spring back to neutral (bad for 3S use).

How does something sporadically spring back to neutral? You'd have to let go of the stick for that to happen.

I have a Hayabusa in almost every stick I own. I much prefer it to Sanwa and Seimitsu, especially with a heavier spring (I put 2lb in all of mine).

thelastword

Banned
That's how most fightpad players play though. Why would you even need an analogue stick at all for fighting games? I think it's a decent design tbh, but I'm a stick player so doesn't really matter to me too much.
I play Gief, I use the dpad for movement and srk motions, I barely use it for spd, if ever. I use my analog stick for SPD and 720's (ultra's). In essence, this is the perfect pad concept for me, had they left the other analog stick, perhaps I could have used it to play an occasional shooter or action game too, but they removed it entirely.

Funny that they kept the triggers in a fight pad, but removed the rightstick which you need for shooters and other genre's. I'd say, these guys are confused as to what they really wanted for this pad.

Neoxon

How does something sporadically spring back to neutral? You'd have to let go of the stick for that to happen.

I have a Hayabusa in almost every stick I own. I much prefer it to Sanwa and Seimitsu, especially with a heavier spring (I put 2lb in all of mine).
I've tested this with multiple Hori sticks. Basically I lightly graze the ball-top with my finger to the right to simulate a back-dash, it did the sporadic return. This is specifically an issue with Third Strike whenever I use Urien.

BadWolf

Funny that they kept the triggers in a fight pad, but removed the rightstick which you need for shooters and other genre's. I'd say, these guys are confused as to what they really wanted for this pad.

You mean the 4 collar buttons? Those are very useful for shortcuts in fighting games for multiple button presses.

This man speaks the truth.

On topic. Glad I remembered to cancel my Chun TE2. Will most likely pick up the TE2+. I would prefer to get the TES+ but $200 is too high for what it is, although would bite if it was $150ish.

C-Sword

I bought a PS4 on Monday and haven't received it yet but was considering getting something for fighting games because of people saying that the DS4 has crappy build quality.

The reviews and impressions seem to be very positive for the FC4 from what I've looked up.

Well, you're right about the DualShock 4 being garbage, it's just not meant to be used for fighting games.

Skilletor

I've tested this with multiple Hori sticks. Basically I lightly graze the ball-top with my finger to the right to simulate a back-dash, it did the sporadic return. This is specifically an issue with Third Strike whenever I use Urien.

I'm very confused. If you lightly graze the stick, of course it returns to neutral. You're not applying pressure to the stick. Neutral is where it wants to be.

I must not be understanding what you're saying.

Yeah, I preordered the Chun Li one and preferred it's aesthetics but the lack of the touch screen is a strike against it. I'll think it over but I'll probably end up going for the new design.

It's too bad you got stuck with that one though, I've been in that situation a few times before and it always sucks.

Honestly it's a bummer but it's more of a convenience thing with the touch pad.I'll deal. I'm gonna mod the Chun stick anyways cause the case and button colors work for what I want. At least I'll have something more unique.

*shrug*

Nephtes

I never thought I'd say this before the XOne and PS4 came out, but the XOne D-Pad is more capable then the DS4 D-pad... It feels very mushy compared to the DS3 D-pad... In my opinion of course.

Top Bottom